• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon speed upgrade?

So I was researching Beedrill for a Death Battle I was making, and I had been watching the pokemon anime for feats. In the episode Challenge of the Samurai, a Beedrill steals Ash's Metapod and Ash tries to return Metapod to its pokeball, but Beedrill dodges the pokeball's lasers and escapes.

I was wondering, if the pokeball's lasers are actual lasers composed of light, that would mean Beedrill dodged light, and that would make him FTL. My question is whether or not this feat actually puts Beedrill at being FTL, if so, other pokemon would scale to this.

Of course, the pokemon anime has some dumb logic sometimes, so this could all just be a misunderstanding.

Rice's link is one of the trippiest, yet logical things I've ever read with regards to Pokemon.

Regarding the pokeball thing however, imo, it's too vague to gauge how fast that thing is, as it could be real light, electromagnetic waves (that also travels at lightspeed, lol), or like the linked theory above says, wavelength gets shifted by the pokeball and turns the pokemon into data, which methinks is incalculable.

I'm no expert in anything though, so idk.

It is a great read, I enjoy learning about quantum mechanics and I find his theory to be highly plausible, though for simplicity's sake and the fact that its a kid show, we are shown things on a much more basic level.

Back