• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread lV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anime4Life2020 said:
So basically your saying we dont speciifcally physically see Ash himself in the Demon but he is mentioned in the game Demon?
He's only mentioned as Greninja's OT I believe, but your protag also being from Kanto and the Greninja canonically not being originally yours would seem to imply something along the lines of you and Ash being friends and him giving you Greninja some time before you moved to Alola.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
He's only mentioned as Greninja's OT I believe, but your protag also being from Kanto and the Greninja canonically not being originally yours would seem to imply something along the lines of you and Ash being friends and him giving you Greninja some time before you moved to Alola.
Ahhh k I see now. Would that at least imply that the game and anime universes are apart of each other within the multiverse then?

Anime4Life2020 said:
Ahhh k I see now. Would that at least imply that the game and anime universes are apart of each other within the multiverse then?
I feel like it would more imply Ash is a person in both the anime continuity and the game continuities, as opposed to a character who only exists in the anime universe.

More news: As per the finished Demon, it is likely most HMs are no longer necessary. There is a Key Item called the Ride Pager that summons riding Pokemon that perform HM functions, such as riding a Tauros to smash breakable rocks, or a Sharpedo to get across the water. HMs may now be able to be deleted on the fly like any other move, or simply become TMs, altogether.

Edit: Some riding Pokemon can be used in areas in which they are not required. For instance, Tauros can be used in almost any wide open outdoors area as a means of faster travel, if you like.

HMs may now be able to be deleted on the fly like any other move, or simply become TMs, altogether

Music to my ears, this is wonderful news! Though I did like a few of the HM moves like Surf and Fly. Strength was pretty good up to Gen 4, but now that Gen 5 has infinite use TMs its pretty much outclassed by other stuff.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
I feel like it would more imply Ash is a person in both the anime continuity and the game continuities, as opposed to a character who only exists in the anime universe.
Good point, and wasn't Alain canonically mentioned in the games too?

I remember Steven in ORAS saying something about how he fought Mega Rayquaza alongside a trainer with a "black Charizard". He's guaranteed to be talking about Alain considering that's exactly what happens in the Mega Evolution Special 2.

If thats the case, then that implies even more on how the Anime and Games are closler than people think. With the multiverse now, everything being in "Separate Canons" kinda seems redundant, at least in my opinion.

I believe he did, yes.

Pretty sure ORAS all but directly stated that the vast majority of Pokemon media takes place within the same multiverse, but with differing timelines and realities. Especially since even side realms like that of the Unown, which do not seem to have alternate versions, are connected to it, as well.

Darkanine said:
Alolan Dugtrio is just so...not good...but I love it for some reason.
Probably because people are always making braindead comments like, "DURRRHUUURRRRR DEY MUST BE RLY RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS 4 POKMANZ LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL"

and this is basically GameFreak going "**** you" and slapping three wigs on a Pokemon.

Is their any confirmation that its an Alolan form though? Could be some Pokemon customization feature they haven't shown off yet.

Though if you're right about it being a purposely lazy design, then that's amazing.

It seems a little too hidden of an easter egg to be just a random Dugtrio with a new feature, not to mention the NPC seems to make a bigger deal about it. With the trend of Alola forms, I wouldn't doubt it.

I would also find it hilarious if it was exactly the same as a regular Dugtrio except for its design.

Just saying this now. I love Litten's final evo now. It looks waaaaaaaay better in game than on paper.

Guys also we still have some surprises as well as not all the pokemon were datamined.

Well I should say possibly not all pokemon were datamined. But the surprise would new pokemon and evolutions.

RadicalMrR said:
Also it would way more badass to have Red as your dad then Ash.
Nah I'd rather it be Ash. IMO Ash is a better trainer in a composite since but suffers from a completely different type of Pokemon league. Red is overrated......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back