• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
how skilled is iron fist
One of the best fighters in Marvel. In terms of martial artists, he should be above the likes of Wolverine and Captain America and daredevil and Elektra.

The scaling goes something like this; Iron Fist/Gorgon > wolvie/Elektra/possibly Shang Chi here too > Captain America/Daredevil > others

Wouldn't Po get kinda stomped? Wait what's their AP?
Presuming the 8-C Key means Po's Key, it seems Po scales to defeating Tai Lung who could effortless beat Tigress (In fact, in a 5vs1, IIRC.), who, when she was, young, apparently, broke a big rock. Presumably, the version of that Tigress shown in that feat is a younger, less trained version of herself than appears in the 1st Kung Fu Panda movie, so she'd scale notably above it by a probably unknown extent.

Presumably, the other members of the Furious Five are roughly equal to Tigress, but since this isn't exactly an official multiplier, I'd be hesitant to use this for anything more than an estimate that we shouldn't assume we can use as an actual multiplier/rating.

1,614,600,000 joules or 0.39 tons of TNT | Building level<KFP1 Present Day Tigress<Tai Lung (I assume Tai Lung is above it by at least 5 times for beating The Furious Five alone, Tigress included.)<Po somewhere around the middle or end of KFP1?

Iron Fist is simply stated as being comparable to Captain America & Wolverine, & Captain America has this feat:
1.33356195e8 Joules, 31.87 kg of TNT, Small Building level

At first I was very confused, because I didn't think to check who Captain America & Wolverine scaled to for other calculations. You can unspoil the stuff to see what I had to say in my confusion:

I have no idea if Iron Fist (Without his titular weapon, ironically, since that makes him Mountain Level.) is more "above" or "below" comparable to Cap, but okay.

So, Po's scaling chain that STARTS at 1,614,600,000 joules...
vs Iron Fist's scaling chain which seems to have just the 1 link of 133,356,195 joules.

8-C
,or Building Level, ranges from 1,046,000,000 to 8,368,000,000 joules, but unless I'm missing something, these Marvel characters are several times too weak to even break baseline.

Po throws a tortilla chip at Iron Fist, turning him into chunky salsa, GG.

Then I found this:
2,156,248,680 J = 0.515355803 ton TNT (Building)
John Walker did that feat, & Captain America's profile says "(Capable of holding his own against John Walker, even overpowering him one time, although he is slightly weaker."

Presumably, Iron Fist isn't higher than Cap, who should be slightly weaker than Cap, especially if Cap can apparently sometimes overpower the guy who did that feat.
There's also Captain America knocking out Deadpool for "an extended period of time", & Deadpool survived this:
Low End = 43,780,000 Joules = 0.010463 tons of TNT (Small Building level)
Deadpool also has this: 2.34970010685e7 (23,497,001.0685) Joules, 0.006 tons, Small Building level

So yeah, the TL;DR is:

Po's AP scales to:
A young, presumably pre-KFP1 Tigress's feat of 1,614,600,000 joules or 0.39 tons of TNT | Building level<KFP1 Present Day Tigress>Tai Lung (I assume Tai Lung is above it by at least 5 times for beating The Furious Five alone, Tigress included.)<Po somewhere around the middle or end of KFP1?
(Though Po may be only more or less equal to where Tai Lung scales, since our profile only says he was able to harm him, not that he was superior.)

Iron Fist's AP scales to:
John Walker's feat, 2,156,248,680 J = 0.515355803 ton TNT (Building), which Cap scales to being slightly weaker to John but once being able to overpower him, & Iron Fist is simply stated as "comparable" to Captain America. (Probably weaker, though, if he's without his titular Iron Fist & has lost to Cap before.)

The yield Iron Fist scales to is 1.33546927 higher than the yield Po scales to.... But Po's scaling chain probably puts him at least a few times higher than his own said yield.
If, for example, Tai Lung were 5 times higher than Tigress for beating her easily 5vs1 (Despite her likely great strengthening since when she did the feat.), & Po is equal to Tai Lung, Po would be around 3.74 times higher than the yield Iron Fist scales to, if not more so.

Hope this helps & wasn't too wordy!

5x multiplier for Tigress’ feat seems a bit much.
It's not for Tigress herself.
Tigress did the rock-busting feat when she was young, according to the link to it in the profile. Meaning it happened before KFP1, & she was presumably more trained then.
So present-day KFP1 Tigress is above the rock-busting feat.
Then around when Po was beginning/midway into his training, Tai Lung broke out of his prison, & The Furious Five (& Tigress is 1 member of those 5.) tried to stop Tai Lung. Tai Lung beat all of said Furious Five easily, despite them all fighting him at once.

Po defeated Tai Lung, hence the 5 times multiplier assumption; Po beat Tai Lung who beat Tigress at the same time as defeating 4 other roughly equal characters.
Like I said, the multiplier isn't official, though; It could be more, or less.
I just assumed a multiplier of 5 for easily & simeultaneously beating 5 characters equal to or greater than the feat's yield, who were working together, is all.

Then i think po has a chance at taking it. Similar AP + capable of absorbing blunt hits and BFR should be enough to take IF down (high-diff)

Then i think po has a chance at taking it. Similar AP + capable of absorbing blunt hits and BFR should be enough to take IF down (high-diff)
BFR may not be applicable; OP specified both at 8-C. Po's Keys:
Tier: At least 8-C | At least 8-C, 8-A with Hero's Chi | At least 8-C, at least 8-A with Mastery of Chi
Key: Kung Fu Panda | Kung Fu Panda 2/Legends of Awesomeness | Kung Fu Panda 3

If this is the first key, then I don't think Po has Chi Manipulation, since that wasn't in KFP1.
Wait....
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Kung Fu Master, BFR (Can send foes directly to the spirit realm), Accelerated Development (Trained to be on par with Tai Lung in just over a week), Resistance to internal attacks, Blunt Force Attacks, Void Manipulation (Moved before the beginning of time), Paralysis Inducement and Pressure Point Techniques

Yes, those are just the abilities for KFP1.... When did he Spirit Realm an opponent for that key? Or move before the beginning of time??

Anyway, anyone knowledgeable on which of Iron Fist's abilities he still has his without his gauntlet?
I'm not entirely clear, reading his P&A section, & since it seems he'd AP stomp if he did have it, I'd presume he doesn't, for this match.

Wuxi Finger Hold probably isn't too viable of a win-con given the gap in skill, though Po's unconventional panda style kung fu gives him an advantage against otherwise skilled martial artists.

Po lacks chi manipulation in KFP1, he learned that in KFP3.
Ah yeah, I assumed as much.
BFR was Tai Lung,
Do you mean Tai Lung did the BFR feat & it's assumed Po can do that technique too?
Or that Po BFR'd Tai Lung?
moving before the beginning of time was legends of awesomeness
Legends of Awesomeness seems to be for his 2nd Key. Unless it's in a flashback that can be applicable to KFP1, I don't see why his "moving before time" ability should be in his 1st Key's Powers & Abilities.

Po knew about the finger hold before the events of the first movie and then he saw it first hand when he met shifu, also before he learned kung-fu. This is also not his last resort, he actually often uses it whenever he needs to end a person, in this cases he would do it by SBA.
Also tai lung is like WAY above Po when it comes to skill but just using his overall unconventional style Po was able to evade and absorb most damage and actually beat him. If you wanna know Po's skill levels at that time Po < 4/5 furious 5 < Tigress < Shifu ≈ Tai lung.
The furious five have up to twenty years of experience with severe and constant martial arts training and shifu casually outclassed them all and has WAY more than 40 years of experience, likely a few dozen years more. During that time Shifu got trained by Oogway (who has centuries of direct and pure combat experience from other comparable martial artists and fighting entire wars). Tai lung was comparable to shifu, capable of fighting em off and scared the entirety of the martial arts community, only known that he weaker than oogway.

Overall Po has beaten people many MANY times his skill level after Po was only told for a day or two.

it is definitely not 5x multiplier but it is when it comes to skill.

otherwise in terms of AP
Po>=Tai lung>tigress>child tigress
so yeah Po likely scales notably above the feat

It shouldn't
Yeah, I was only speculating in the absence of an actual value. Like I kpet saying, it shouldn't be used officially, whether the reasoning for it or not conforms with site standards. Though i will say that I forgot to account for Shifu & Oogway, & didn't recall Tigress being superior to the other 4 Furious 5.
Still, I'll defer to the knowledge of other Kung Fu Panda knowledgeable members; For one thing, what of it I have seen, I haven't seen in a while.

I don't know if her being the best is ever explicitely stated, but at least when the Furious 5 try to fight Tai Lung she seemed to do the best out of them.

I honestly think it's fairer to allow for the Iron Fist and Po's 8-As, don't see any reason they're restricted.

Also Iron Fist will be going through revisions

I honestly think it's fairer to allow for the Iron Fist and Po's 8-As, don't see any reason they're restricted.

???
Tier: At least 8-C | At least 8-C, 8-A with Hero's Chi | At least 8-C, at least 8-A with Mastery of Chi
Po: Which 8-A Key? Also, it's just with his Chi, so I'm unsure if it'd be true of his SS. I'm assuming he could apply it physically.
Tier: 8-C, 7-A with the Iron Fist
Iron Fist: WHAT 8-A Key?

=w=

I meant the Iron Fist as in the attack, not the dude

Also I am guessing the second one? Considering the third one is 8-B

=w=

I meant the Iron Fist as in the attack, not the dude
The Iron Fist is an attack, in addition to being equipment? I apologize for my confusion, but I can't find any Notable Attacks/Techniques on Iron Fist's page.
Also I am guessing the second one? Considering the third one is 8-B
Do you mean Po's 3rd key is 8-B?

I assume this is why the Iron Fist is restricted:
Mountain level with the Iron Fist (His punch has been compared to a Hydrogen Bomb. Defeated Radion, whose power was measured as hundreds of Megatons)

The Iron Fist is an attack, in addition to being equipment? I apologize for my confusion, but I can't find any Notable Attacks/Techniques on Iron Fist's page.
8-C, 7-A with the Iron Fist

It's on the tier
Do you mean Po's 3rd key is 8-B?
In durability, it's listed as such
I assume this is why the Iron Fist is restricted:
Mountain level with the Iron Fist (His punch has been compared to a Hydrogen Bomb. Defeated Radion, whose power was measured as hundreds of Megatons)
Yeah and I don't see why, just allow high tier attacks for both

I don't know if her being the best is ever explicitely stated, but at least when the Furious 5 try to fight Tai Lung she seemed to do the best out of them.
She was stated by Po in LoA to be the strongest of the Furious Five in Owl Be Back.

Also yeah fyi the 5x upscale is straight up nonsense.

At best I'll buy a 2x
Reasonable, I suppose. I guess even if he beat all 5 at once, not all of them are as strong as Tigress, & he didn't one-shot them all with the same attack. I do apologize for bringing up this contentious notion in the first place.

Even if he fought all 5 of them, it isn't like he was grossly overpowering him to that extent, he just outskilled them with attacks they couldn't counter, like the paralyzing touch.

Unless Po stop a combined attack that all five members put together, he should not be 5x stronger than them, just far above them if beat them easier

Tai Lung was fairly casual, and was only really knocked off-balance, never truly overpowered. Him beating the Furious Five was a mix of superior skill, strength and technique. You can't really put a multiplier on how much stronger Tai Lung is, though 5x is excessive.

Tai Lung was fairly casual, and was only really knocked off-balance, never truly overpowered. Him beating the Furious Five was a mix of superior skill, strength and technique. You can't really put a multiplier on how much stronger Tai Lung is, though 5x is excessive.
Agreed. Thanks for the clarification.
But if we're all in agreement over that that isn't a multiplier to use, & presumably have a rough idea of where the scaling chain should put Po, aren't there other matters to discuss in this Thread's Matchup?

So, let me see if I got this straight.
Iron Fist has a slight AP advantage and a massive skill advantage, but Po's style actually works better against more skilled opponents, or something like that. Is that about right?

Iron Fist is also going through revisions, so he will have more shit added to him.

So probably don't vote rn.

Back