• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Plot manipulation for narnia

Well this just simple thread, i read the previous CRT and found this

And as He spoke He no longer looked to them like a lion; but the things that began to happen after that were so great and beautiful that I cannot write them. And for us this is the end of all the stories, and we can most truly say that they all lived happily ever after. But for them it was only the beginning of the real story. All their life in this world and all their adventures in Narnia had only been the cover and the title page: now at last they were beginning Chapter One of the Great Story which no one on earth has read: which goes on forever: in which every chapter is better than the one before.

The Last Battle, Chapter 16

Basically, it stated clearly if all live and adventures or every event that already happen in the words is exist within the story it self. It mean in narnia story become fundamental abstraction that govern the event and world it self. The "story" in here is not a metaphor, because it also mention about "title page" and "chapter", that will make the "story" is literal story

Last edited:
Really what is the plot manipulation here?
Like Title page and cover was just used to reference how their life was just starting and the fact that they still have a really long way to go for them, and many more interesting stories

As much as I liked several of the Narnia books during my childhood, this does in fact sound more like an allegorical expression than something to be taken literally.

As much as I liked several of the Narnia books during my childhood, this does in fact sound more like an allegorical expression than something to be taken literally.
Isnt this for endless layer of reality??
I mean the reality-fiction thing, it already accepted as reality fiction different, a metafictional thing, so it already taken literally

Well, if it has previously been accepted as such, I suppose that we might have to accept the plot manipulation as well, but are you certain that it wasn't just considered to be ascending orders of existence?

Uhhhh... I don't think so.
And for us this is the end of all the stories, and we can most truly say that they all lived happily ever after. But for them it was only the beginning of the real story.
I think this ^ indicates the best that this means story quite literally, since otherwise it means that we, readers, die.
All their life in this world and all their adventures in Narnia had only been the cover and the title page: now at last they were beginning Chapter One of the Great Story which no one on earth has read: which goes on forever: in which every chapter is better than the one before.
I think it meant to be an allegory for Heaven, and/or having endless adventures in the higher realm. Makes sense. right?

This book kinda sucked ass I honestly don't see the plot being manipulated here. He's basically just stating that their journey has just begun using book metaphors. Disagree.

Actually, I change my mind to Possibly.
And for us this is the end of all the stories, and we can most truly say that they all lived happily ever after. But for them it was only the beginning of the real story.
All their life in this world and all their adventures in Narnia had only been the cover and the title page: now at last they were beginning Chapter One of the Great Story which no one on earth has read: which goes on forever: in which every chapter is better than the one before.
I've reread Aslan's page, and considering that Last Battle directly references Plato, and directly says that each Narnia is more real than previous, to the point of being a shadow, etc... I can see real story and Great Story (capital letters) being used to reference it as well and being more literal.

So, it's still a bit more far-fetched than I usually like my feats, but it wouldn't hurt to add it as Possibly Plot Manipulation.

Okay. I suppose that "Possibly Plot Manipulation" might be an acceptable compromise solution if other members here agree with it. However, don't Plato's theories have more to do with ascending hierarchies of abstract existence casting shadows that manifest as lower reality than with plot manipulation?

Actually, I change my mind to Possibly.

I've reread Aslan's page, and considering that Last Battle directly references Plato, and directly says that each Narnia is more real than previous, to the point of being a shadow, etc... I can see real story and Great Story (capital letters) being used to reference it as well and being more literal.

So, it's still a bit more far-fetched than I usually like my feats, but it wouldn't hurt to add it as Possibly Plot Manipulation.
Okay. I suppose that "Possibly Plot Manipulation" might be an acceptable compromise solution if other members here agree with it. However, don't Plato's theories have more to do with ascending hierarchies of abstract existence casting shadows that manifest as lower reality than with plot manipulation?
Yeah i can agree with that too

Well, here it isn't a support for plot manipulation, but of "a story more real", the Great Story. Main thing that has caught my eye is how everything prior reffered to as story, but not even the beggining of it, and how everything later is the Great Story with no end. It correlates with how the Aslan's greater more real Narnia described. Here it's just reffered to as story. And we can trust narrative as much as the rest, and he even reffers to it with capital letters Great Story, so it can be literal-literal. But not as clear as it could've been so only possibly.

I think that even a possibly rating needs more substance than this.

Back