• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Plo Koon Vs Kit Fisto

Plo Koon would win handily.

Physicality: Fisto has a slight advantage here due to Plo Koon's advanced age and thus deteriorating stamina. However, Plo still has impressive stamina for his age, and his ability to contend with and even overpower Ventress marks him as being definitely comparable to Fisto in strength. The fact that he's one of the reigning masters of Form V of his era and regarded as one of the most potentially worthy opponents by Darth Maul, himself a physical powerhouse, further support his physical prowess being nothing to take lightly.

Force abilities: The two of them should be comparable in terms of raw Force power, but Legends comics have portrayed Plo Koon as having far greater precision and control. He can also pull some moves without using hand gestures, something which Fisto has never demonstrated.

Lightsaber forms: Fisto is at a clear disadvantage here. We've seen already that he struggled against Ventress (whose hybrid style includes elements of Forms II, IV, and VI) despite mastering his form to such an extent is to answer various other weaknesses. Plo Koon is even more of a dedicated duellist than Ventress and specializes in Forms IV and V, which are duelling centric and the latter is especially strong against Forms I and II. Legends Plo's lightsaber skills are such that Maul was just itching for a duel with him.

Yeah. Plo Koon wins.

Don't think this is too far off to be a necro, so I'm voting Plo Koon for reasons above, though I would disagree with Fisto being at a sabers only disadvantage because he was winning against Grievous who uses dueling centric forms exclusively, just not Makashi (which Fisto is weak to as Form II was designed to be a dueling version of Form I, which at the level Fisto took it at, was actually quite similar to Form IV, which also has a history of being weak to Form II (I,E, Qui-Gon Jinn never beating Dooku in sparring, among others))

Grievous favours a multiple lightsaber style and is capable of attacking from multiple vectors with all of his arms. Form I is strong against such styles.

Changing my vote to Fisto now that I give this a more detailed analysis. Both of them use forms that are weak in single combat (shien and shii cho respectively), but Fisto has better dueling feats than Koon (Handily beating Post AOTC Obi Wan (a master of Ataru and Soresu (although not to the extent he was in ROTS), and whom honestly did better against Dooku than Ventress ever did at any point), Grievous (a master of all forms in terms of just technique, who uses Jar'Kai and Makashi (since he has to duel jedi and was trained by Dooku), and this is especially impressive given that Makashi is often shown to be kryptonite to Shii Cho) and briefly holding his own against Palpatine (the degree in which he does varies somewhat by source tho), at least to my judgement (by comparison, Plo lost against Savage Opress (who is weaker than Maul, meaning he probably would've been dissapointed with Koon, much like Jinn), and only debatably defeated Ventress (and even if he did, Form V has frequently been shown to counter Makashi and Jar'Kai, which Ventress utilizes (it's not the first time that sort of thing would've happened either, a la Anakin and Opress)

Physicals should also go to Fisto. They're about even in strength, Fisto is a good chunk faster (Pre-CW Obi Wan could barely see him) than Plo, and Fisto's ability to sense the pheremones of others via his tentacles gives him slight precog along with his force precog, which IMO gives him a slight edge with even higher combat speed (which might be how he blocked Sidious' first few attacks).

I think Fisto should win via semi-blitz. His greater speed along with his ferocious and unpredictable pattern gives him an edge imo, and while Koon does have greater precision with the force, he'd need a second to gather his energy to actually overpower Fisto, which won't happen when Fisto is barraging him with what can be described as "Poor Man's Windu" attacks.

The last thing worth noting is that while Koon has neat abilities, so does Fisto. He's probably the best 5-B Water manip user in Star Wars, and can use it in very creative ways.

Back