• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Plenty of questions about abilities and other shenanigans

EliminatorVenom

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
So, my apologies for the load of questions I'm about to ask, but there are plenty of blind spots in my soon to be done Hyperion revision, which I need to answer before I can write up a post about it!
  • So, the Shrike can hit someone with the force of one hundred thousand piledrivers. Is this AP or LS? And, if any of the two, what level is it? I tried to search about it but results were... Inconclusive. It appears to be LS, and it seems to orbit around a few hundred thousand newtons of force. That would be by far the best LS feat if that were the case, and there are plenty of good ones in-verse.
  • In Hyperion, there are plenty of characters that have the ability to resist radars, not appearing in infrared, X-ray, things in that sense. Would they get Stealth Mastery, Resistance to Extrasensory Perception, or what?
  • I think that they do get that, but just to confirm it: Characters being immune to devices that can scan anything's age gets Resistance to Information Analsysis, right? And characters who are impossible to predict to machinery capable of calculating every single movement in the cosmos of a galaxy, including any human action, for two hundred years, get Resistance to Analytical Prediction?
  • Similarly, there are many characters that resist being under several hundreds gravities quite easily. The formula to calc their LS would be F = m . a, correct?
  • The Shrike is one of the most clearly acausal beings I've ever seen in fiction. I can't give all the scans or the entire explanation here, but it is a self-created paradox, (The Shrike was created partly from the cells of a warrior that died fighting the Shrike) its future is uncertain, (As in, in the future, it will be created by a specific entity, but who controls it changes - the future itself is indeterminant in who controls the Shrike, and any given Shrike is prone to fulfill any agenda of any of the possible factions, as it is still the same Shrike, but acting upon different possibilities) is very implied to simply pull out other versions of itself in other moments of time should it be destroyed and, lastly, is noted to move across the entirety of time with ease. This gives him Types 1 and 3, correct?
  • And, lastly, the Shrike has shown the ability to not be affected by zero gravity at all. As in, it doesn't really manipulate gravity, nor does it affixate itself to anything, it just... Can move under zero gravity just as how it does in one gravity, as if it was unnafected by it. Is it a form of Resistance to Gravity Manipulation, or something weirder?

1. I mean, hitting is AP so i guess if you can find the kinectic energy of the average piledrive going full speed, you can use that.

2. Idk if x ray and radars are extrasessory depends on how they detect stuff.

3. Yes to both.

4. Could reach 4 tbh, but yeah, at least 1 and 3.

5. Sounds like adaptation or maybe minor resistance to gravity manip

Back