• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Please Let Me Cook - Villagers (Animal Crossing) vs Hsu Hao [Completed]

0a2.jpg
yeocwan34sb21.jpg

Ok, an in-universe jobber but they's probably still scary irl vs someone who is arguably weaker with almost nothing to qualify as combat experience. How do I make this remotely fair?

Scenario: The formerly deserted island residents has discovered that the Red Dragons plan to conquer their home away from home and turn it into a weapons depot. While most of the villagers choose to evacuate for the time being, the four human residents decide to defend their vacation resort.

There are four villagers defending the island.
The villagers have one month to purchase tools and furniture and terraform their island into a makeshift fortress/labyrinth to fend off Hsu Hao.
The villagers have access to all possible crafting recepies will start off with about 15,000 bells each, but they will have access to all the stores and the stalk market.
After the month of preparation, Hsu Hao will arrive by boat, wielding his sun-moon blades.
Speed Equalized

"Does this look like the face of mercy?" (0.039 tons):
Hated by his own creators (Downscales from 0.09 tons): 7 (Ecstacy, Stillwinston, CBslayeR, Tony, Mario, Noninho, NormalLemon)
This thread is 100% going to get closed, isn't it? (Incon):

Fight Theme

Last edited:
ahm, i cannot add much here, so i won't be participating

but just saying: i hope Hsu Hao regrets invading the village like the MK staff regret...him.

After being buried, there's a little star-shaped patch of dirt left behind.
NL_Pitfall_Compare.jpg

If someone steps on the patch, the ground beneath them collapses and they're stuck for a bit and need to wriggle around to pull themselves out.

So I guess it's not joever for Hsu Hao when he gets trapped, since he can still use his chest laser and his shockwave clap while he's stuck. Still a sitting duck given how it can restrain stronger people

Is there anything else they can do to prepare, especially with this fortress/labyrinth thing you mentioned

They could fill the place with large furniture to make it a bit of a maze.
They could teraform it with rivers to hamper his chase while they still access to pole vaulting, though that may be mitigated with Cyrus Stomp.
They could try making traps involving bees and spiders, with the latter capable of knocking the Villager out with a bite.
They could just harass Hsu Hao with slingshots, but that probably won't do much outside of leaving a cut on his head or something.
There's probably some furniture that would be useful such as the bonfire idk.

They could fill the place with large furniture to make it a bit of a maze.
They could teraform it with rivers to hamper his chase while they still access to pole vaulting, though that may be mitigated with Cyrus Stomp.
They could try making traps involving bees and spiders, with the latter capable of knocking the Villager out with a bite.
They could just harass Hsu Hao with slingshots, but that probably won't do much outside of leaving a cut on his head or something.
There's probably some furniture that would be useful such as the bonfire idk.
Furniture is probably their best bet in terms of base building, but it'd have to be some kind of material that Hsu can't just snap in half or laser through
Rivers aren't doing shit with the Cyrus stomp in play, and just, swimming.
Spiders and Scorpions would legitimately get stomped on by Hsu Hao unless he's restrained

Really their best bet here is just surrounding a building with pitfalls and furniture and then watching for if he gets trapped , a villager could play lookout and communicate if they can come out and do something.

Time manip is cool and all, but if someone dies and they try to reset, the game saves when you leave a lobby of people, so that's just not an option

Well I think Hsu Hao might actually win this one because the villagers' defenses don't seem very tough, let alone any of their traps. Under all the hate he gets he's pretty decent in terms of combat experience and he's a very focused guy when it comes to completing a single objective. So he can't get too distracted in his mission, he'll do whatever it takes to finish it. He can break or lift through stuff easily or simply move over them while the pitfalls only immobilise him but not incapacitate and rob him from doing his most powerful moves. And I assume he might have some form of experience dealing with entrenched positions during his time as a Special Forces informant who fed info on the Black Dragon's whereabouts who were hiding and on the run, also participating in their field missions against the BD

If it ever comes to fighting this guy head on, the villagers may have advantage in numbers but Hsu Hao has the advantage in overall stats and abilities. They need to distract him to exploit his single-mindedness and make the best out of it. That's their only chance at winning, because Hsu Hao trumps them in kombat

Yeah that's their only hope of beating him but I don't kniw if the villagers are skilled enough to even coordinate an ambush but hey this is me underestimating the cute looking characters

Back