• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Planetary AP Question

Firestorm808

VS Battles
Administrator
I've been meaning to ask about the specifics regarding the AP range for planetary level.

This is for feats that can't be normally calculated in joules. (Statements and stuff)

Does the low end generally mean energy enough to destroy the Earth in chunks and turning the Earth into ash on the higher end?

In my mind, the lowest end of planet busting would be something like breaking it into extremely large chunks or just cutting it in half (not really destroying all that much) while high end would be disintegration. Although I've never actually seen a "planetary" calc standard

Yeah, I wanted to know if someone made joule minimums for certain ones since the scale ranges from 2.487x10^32 to 1.13x10^34 joules.

I would assume cutting it in half would be 2.487x10^32 joules, but how does it scale going upward.

Is disintegration automatically 1.13x10^34?

Not necessarely, generally it'd require calcs to get the specific value, but disintegration is definitely High end Planet level, possibly Large Planet level.

Dziga said:
Not necessarely, generally it'd require calcs to get the specific value, but disintegration is definitely High end Planet level, possibly Large Planet level.
Vaporizing the planet actually ain't even Planet level. It's just Small Planet level. Ironically, breaking a planet into several chunks tends to yield higher results, go figure.

Of course, with new values on some of this stuff, we may be able to get more refined and probably higher results.

It depends. As long as the gravity has been destroyed, it's a Planet level feat. Sometimes it's higher due to the mass of the planet being projected at ludicrous speeds.

"Destroying" was a bad choice of words, lol.

I moreso meant "overpowering" it. Basically if you destroy a planet, and all of its bits fly outside of its gravitational pull, then you've overpowered the gravity, thus have 5-B AP. We just assume this whenever a character destroys a planet or is said to be able to destroy planets (assuming the statements are consistent). Same with vaporizing a planet. While it technically yields lower results, we just assume it overpowered the gravity and this is 5-B.

Which reminds me, I need to get around to upgrading classic Mega Man soon. They're only Low 5-B for scaling to a weapon that vaporizes planets.

Back