• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Plague Dog vs Werewolf

GreyFang82

He/Him
Plague Dog: 0 ()

Werewolf: 0 ()

Inconclusive: 0 ()

In the woods hunting for its prey, a feral werewolf manages to take down a deer for it's meal. But as it begins to eat it's ear's twitch. Something else was here, and it wanted a fight.

Fight takes place in a heavy wooded area at night, both start off 30 meters apart and surrounded by trees.

Speed is Equalized

SBA Otherwise

Werewolf has a decent AP advantage via tanking grenades (711 KJ) comapred to plague dog harming the lamp which tanks car ramming into it without flinching (303 KJ)

Plague dog is already dead and is unable to feel any form of pain due to lacking any pain receptors so that could help him compete with the werewolf despite being weaker.

Question is, how good is Werewolf's resistance to diseases? Because Plague dog's plague could heavily handicap him

Question is, how good is Werewolf's resistance to diseases? Because Plague dog's plague could heavily handicap him
Let me explain a bit about the Chimera Virus to give you an answer.

The Chimera virus is a super unorthodox virus that acts in a more symbiotic life cycle. A werewolf would have their entire DNA merged with the virus meaning every time it makes new cells it would also produce more of the virus.

This means the werewolf passively has latent strains of the virus swimming around it ls blood.

This matters because the virus acts like an extension of it’s immune system, having the unique ability to completely deconstruct other viruses into their base molecules to fuel more creation of itself.

Normally the ambient amount of the Chimera Virus in a creature is enough to deconstruct most diseases and infections. But since this is a constant stream of exposure for as long as the fight goes on it changes things.

Here’s probably what’s gonna happen. For the beginning of the fight the werewolf won’t feel any of the effects of the virus as MGV tears it apart, but as the fight goes on there will be a moment where the werewolf will experience the extreme itch and other symptoms of the plague. I give it a minute or two before the tables turn again and the werewolf is completely immune to the disease as the constant exposure to the plague super charges the reproduction of the Chimera virus.

A minute or two of extreme scratching (especially with the werewolf's sharp claws) could definitely help Plague Dog as the Werewolf is bound to harm himself and for 1 to 2 minute be unable to really fight back against him. Plague Dog also naturally aim for spot such as the jugular to end his opponents rapidly.

A minute or two of extreme scratching (especially with the werewolf's sharp claws) could definitely help Plague Dog as the Werewolf is bound to harm himself and for 1 to 2 minute be unable to really fight back against him. Plague Dog also naturally aim for spot such as the jugular to end his opponents rapidly.
Normally yes, however the moment the dog will attack the werewolf while scratching they will enter their berserker rage and start attacking wildly, prioritizing killing everything around it. It will certainly fight slower and less accurately, but it won't be completely defenseless on the floor.

Additionally that's after a good half a minute into the fight I think, depends on how potent and abundant the plague is. I personally think Plague Dog has a wincon attacking the werewolf during this very crucial moment of the fight, but I feel like it's not guaranteed for one reason.

Werewolves have loose skin just like other wolves and dogs. Reminder that these creatures when play fighting physically bite each other and can be quite rough but don't usually break skin, and if it goes for the throat I think it will bite hard and possibly rip off the skin and even some muscle, but since the skin and fur shift around, the werewolf has a good chance to move it's bone away from the bite before tearing out the jugular.

Plague dog's plague is something that was created due to the numerous diseases that were tested upon him in order to better combat them (think Black death, smallpox etc), so Plague Dog is highly contagious to both humans and animals and his plague, due to basically being a mutation of numerous diseases all at once, is highly infectious and almost instantly triggers in the body when one enters its range. But a large thing it does is also force those affacted to scratch themselves, no matter how much they try to stop they simply can't, this is why they scratch themselves to death.

As for the loose skin part, Plague Dog is a skilled hunter and would have no real reason to not bite the werewolf as hard as he possibly could, since to him he's an enemy, not a playful companion and also would have no reason to not double down if he sees the werewolf protected his jugular.

Plague dog's plague is something that was created due to the numerous diseases that were tested upon him in order to better combat them (think Black death, smallpox etc), so Plague Dog is highly contagious to both humans and animals and his plague, due to basically being a mutation of numerous diseases all at once, is highly infectious and almost instantly triggers in the body when one enters its range. But a large thing it does is also force those affacted to scratch themselves, no matter how much they try to stop they simply can't, this is why they scratch themselves to death.
Sure, that would be the case but reminder that this isn't mind hax, this is a physical reaction to pain and discomfort, werewolves in their human forms don't flinch or react to second to third degree burns. I think the werewolf has far greater pain tolerance to such a plague that even the most robust creature infected.

As for the diseases, keep in mind only a small amount would actually make it to cause symptoms since there is a stable amount of the Chimera Virus in the werewolf already, when it will get overwhelmed it will be only a small amount so the symptoms itself are already less than a normal person would get.
As for the loose skin part, Plague Dog is a skilled hunter and would have no real reason to not bite the werewolf as hard as he possibly could, since to him he's an enemy, not a playful companion and also would have no reason to not double down if he sees the werewolf protected his jugular.
No, you misunderstand. The thick skin is why it's not guaranteed even with a clean bite to rip out the throat. Werewolves are regularly compared to Grizzly bears which commonly wrestled and fought werewolves, which I might add are better hunters than any dog would be and who also aim for the neck. It's a physiological thing not an active thing.

Besides, there is a fair chance the dog itself would also have either a limb missing or would be caught in the werewolf jaws itself since there was a time they actually fought and traded hits before this virus would even take effect.

Sure, that would be the case but reminder that this isn't mind hax, this is a physical reaction to pain and discomfort
No, no, Plague Dog's plague is part mind hax, that's the reason they can't stop scratching themselves even when tearing off their own flesh. The large physical pain is merely an additional symptom of the plague.

As for the diseases, keep in mind only a small amount would actually make it to cause symptoms since there is a stable amount of the Chimera Virus in the werewolf already, when it will get overwhelmed it will be only a small amount so the symptoms itself are already less than a normal person would get
the problem with that is that staying close to Plague Dog merely makes the plague worst and since Werewolf is trying to physically harm plague dog, it has to stay near him which will simply increase its potency.
No, you misunderstand. The thick skin is why it's not guaranteed even with a clean bite to rip out the throat.
Ah, i see, but still a minute or two of being too busy scratching himself would give Plague Dog the opportunity to strike again if he did miss his first bite.
Besides, there is a fair chance the dog itself would also have either a limb missing or would be caught in the werewolf jaws itself since there was a time they actually fought and traded hits before this virus would even take effect.
A limb missing could definitely be annoying, but being unable to feel any pain would definitely help Plague Dog in that situation (he would have some promble with his balance but the werewolf being practically unable to defend himself would greatly help his case) but it would depend on how fast the werewolf can be infected for this point to matter

No, no, Plague Dog's plague is part mind hax, that's the reason they can't stop scratching themselves even when tearing off their own flesh. The large physical pain is merely an additional symptom of the plague.
Is this a supernatural disease? If so then the werewolf get's stomped here since all of the werewolves resistances are non-magical and all real life physics based.
the problem with that is that staying close to Plague Dog merely makes the plague worst and since Werewolf is trying to physically harm plague dog, it has to stay near him which will simply increase its potency.
Yeah, that was taken into account when I said about half a minute is when it will take place. There's about as much MGV in their body normally as there is white blood cells. Hence why despite how bad the plague sounds the werewolf will get a really good hit or two before actually feeling the effects.
Ah, i see, but still a minute or two of being too busy scratching himself would give Plague Dog the opportunity to strike again if he did miss his first bite.
Is the virus instantaneous? Like would a normal person's body be completely overrun in a few seconds? Because if that's the case the time he's scratching is even further reduced. The faster the virus spreads the faster the Chimera Virus reacts and exponentially expands. Cutting that 1 to 2 minute estimate into closer to 1.5 times as long as the plague takes to completely overwhelm a person normally. (If it's like 5 seconds it would take about 8 seconds to recover from it)
A limb missing could definitely be annoying, but being unable to feel any pain would definitely help Plague Dog in that situation (he would have some promble with his balance but the werewolf being practically unable to defend himself would greatly help his case) but it would depend on how fast the werewolf can be infected for this point to matter
I still think it's very possible the werewolf can tear off the head of Plague dog or rip off it's jaw with a bite considering the power difference both in AP and Lifting strength via bite force.

Is this a supernatural disease? If so then the werewolf get's stomped here since all of the werewolves resistances are non-magical and all real life physics base
The mind control isn't supernatural per say, it's more so biological, it affactes the brain in a way that makes the person scratch themselves and makes them incapable of stopping.
Is the virus instantaneous? Like would a normal person's body be completely overrun in a few seconds? Because if that's the case the time he's scratching is even further reduced. The faster the virus spreads the faster the Chimera Virus reacts and exponentially expands. Cutting that 1 to 2 minute estimate into closer to 1.5 times as long as the plague takes to completely overwhelm a person normally. (If it's like 5 seconds it would take about 8 seconds to recover from it)
Then Plague Dog is absolutely ****** here, cause yes the virus naturally affactes a human in mere seconds, without his plague there's nothing much he can do as he's physically overwhelmed

The mind control isn't supernatural per say, it's more so biological, it affactes the brain in a way that makes the person scratch themselves and makes them incapable of stopping.
I feel like this still falls under pain tolerance, since the brain would fire off just as bad pain signals to literal fire destroying neurons.
Then Plague Dog is absolutely ****** here, cause yes the virus naturally affactes a human in mere seconds, without his plague there's nothing much he can do as he's physically overwhelmed
I see, I thought it would take a minute or so, giving it a decent amount of time to attack once the immune system was overwhelmed.

This is a mismatch, I apologize.

I mean this match can still be added, it's not a stomp, as Plague dog can still fight on par with the werewolf and his inability to feel pain helps him keeps up for a while, but in the long run he's overwhelmed

I mean this match can still be added, it's not a stomp, as Plague dog can still fight on par with the werewolf and his inability to feel pain helps him keeps up for a while, but in the long run he's overwhelmed
Well I still feel like it's unfair, I thought there would be a brief struggle before the werewolf would become vulnerable and it could have been an either or fight. I don't want to have this not be a fight because I misunderstood the character.

That being said, you made this character yeah?

Nah it's all good dude i absolutely don't mind Plague Dog getting a lost, i'm just happy to see him get attention ^^

Also yes i did make him

i'm just happy to see him get attention ^^

Also yes i did make him
I have to say, it's a cool idea, just the horror of seeing an unstoppable dog in the woods or walking a street is like... jeez, I could only imagine how horrifying a howl or bark from the thing is.

Nah it's all good dude i absolutely don't mind Plague Dog getting a lost
I just don't want to be unfair! We can leave this up and see if people want to vote on it, but I'll leave it to chance as we can just choose not to vote on it.

I have to say, it's a cool idea, just the horror of seeing an unstoppable dog in the woods or walking a street is like... jeez, I could only imagine how horrifying a howl or bark from the thing is.
Why thank you! I'm quite glad you enjoy the idea, as for an howl or bark, it would definitely sound quite disturbing to hear hehe.
I just don't want to be unfair! We can leave this up and see if people want to vote on it, but I'll leave it to chance as we can just choose not to vote on it.
This honestly isn't that unfair of a match, but i can withdraw my vote for now, if someone else decides to vote, i will also vote, would that work for you?

Back