• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Phantom Thieves upgrade

So... I just thought of something. You see, just before the final fight with Yaldabaoth, the Phantom Thieves took down all 4 archangels.

I think that on this basis, the Phantom Thieves should all be upgrade to 2-B, or 2-A.

Okay, I see where you are coming from. The shadows look like the SMT Angel, and thus you defeat them. The problem is that in truth those are not the actually SMT Angels. The shadows are born from the sea of human thought and take the form of these beings. However, they are not the same Archangels you'd fight in your average SMT game.

-I might of messed up the details, but that is the general gist of the situation.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Okay, I see where you are coming from. The shadows look like the SMT Angel, and thus you defeat them. The problem is that in truth those are not the actually SMT Angels. The shadows are born from the sea of human thought and take the form of these beings. However, they are not the same Archangels you'd fight in your average SMT game.
-I might of messed up the details, but that is the general gist of the situation.
Here's the thing: When I was questioning 3-C phantom thieves, they all said that the thoughts of the palace owner could make them as strong as they wish. Who's to say that he can't make them the same strength as SMT archangels?

Gargoyle One said:
Because that's an insane NLF especially without feats to support it.
And apparently, calling Phantom Thieves 3-C because of some cute little aesthetic attack isn't.

The ones that agreed on it all used the exact argument that I did.

Except there is no animation of Multiversal Destruction at all, while we get a blatant galaxy level attack animation. Supported by the area they fighting in having countless stars, supported further by other attack animations.

And apparently, calling Phantom Thieves 3-C because of some cute little aesthetic attack isn't.

The ones that agreed on it all used the exact argument that I did.

It isn't, because that's a feat that's actually shown on screen.

Though, if someone can answer me this I'd appreciate, are their any other feats near this caliber in the series?

Actually, yes. The whole Okumura dungeon is a realm full of countless stars in the background in which is held together by Okumura himself and only collapses once he is defeated. Persona's 1 and 2 had Universal+ feats iirc. Lucifer's Morning Star attack is literally him effortlessly moving stars. Then there is the Cosmic Flare attack animation. So yes, it is consistent with Persona.

Back