• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pepsiman hax upgrade

I understand commercials being banned for other contexts, but why would they be for characters who solely exist for marketing? Applying an umbrella rule to all characters like that sounds rather haphazard, especially when in some cases, that's a large part of characters like these existence.

Is it because mascots and stuff are still not allowed? (So Pepsiman would count as a video game character ig) If so, I'm still unsure about commercials not being okay for that reason.

The one DDM uses for his meme I have absolutely no issue with, it seems like just any other well known video game

The rest I don't know

That isn't equivalent though.

AVGN is a web-based character made to hate on videogames. If we were to make a profile on him, we would use his original material to make it; in this case, his reviews and online series. The game, unless they were explicitly canon, wouldn't change anything.

Pepsi Man is almost 100% a marketting character and as such we should use the feats where the original material gives; in this case, his commercials. We wouldn't use feats from Pepsi-Man videogames over the original material as it takes precident.

Back