• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Peppersalt43 Appreciation Thread

The man, the myth, the legend, the thread bump king himself and the reason why many good like to comment ratio’s exist.

This man has been an underappreciated figure within the community for far too long, and I hope this thread will reconcile this.

His actions, though seemingly slight, as in liking posts and bumping threads, help keep the wiki alive and thriving. Bumping inactive threads allows newer or even experienced members to see threads they could’ve potentially missed or forgotten about, bringing more actively to these threads is always good since these threads usually improve the quality of profiles on-site. Even if Peppersalt isn’t directly improving profiles, this action indirectly does so. (he’s also the reason for like, ⅓ of all versus matches tbh)

Peppersalt liking posts, while indirectly affecting the wiki less, has a much deeper personal effect on the person commenting the posts, this simple action helps fill the confidence of the poster themselves since it provides assurance that you’re saying something correct or arguing well as you’re being rewarded for your hard work or argumentation ability through likes. It might seem silly that people care about this kind of stuff but being rewarded, regardless of how “small” or “insignificant” it may appear, feels good. It makes you feel liked or cared for by someone, and since this place is filled with a bunch of depressed, lonely teenagers/young adults, feeling like your voice matters or that you’re liked by people helps to somewhat alleviate that feeling of depression or feeling of loneliness.

Sorry about getting melancholy in the previous paragraph but it needs to be said, Pepperslat (and those like him) aren’t appreciated enough on this wiki. Which is sad, and hopefully in the future this will change.

After everything that’s been said, all i wanna say to Peppersalt.

Thank you... you’re a valued member of this community, you’ve always been, and hopefully you’ll continue to stay on site for the near and far future, making it a better place.

me to pepper
ESP2r_bUUAAcgTs.jpg

Thans for liking comments and making tons of matches and make the forum lively

I don't know what this "peppersalt." is but whatever it is, I'd only have to imagine it's a foul disease ridden thing that spends too much time online debating fictional characters to cover up the fact that it's a 47 year old fish-dog.

So uh, this liking thing is mostly something new which arises from my really poor like/comment ratio. I basically decided that if I can't get that up, I can at least help others with it

It also functions as a dislike button. I basically like every comment I see and anything I don't give a like is something I disliked
Fanta here, hey, hey! And I have to say that is based, Pepper. Also, in the spirit of the thread, I really appreciate your efforts and the things you do around here.

I sometimes wake up in horror seeing 30+ notifications on vs battle wiki thinking I’ve done something horribly wrong, only for my frown to immediately turn upside down upon realizing it was just Pepper doing what they do best.

So thank you Peppersalt for putting a smile on my face

smile-monkey.gif

Back