• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Dragonrend is a thing. It can enforce Pennywise to experience mortality as a form of **** You Horror from Dovahkiin.

KongKing23 said:
Dragonrend is a thing. It can enforce Pennywise to experience mortality as a form of **** You Horror from Dovahkiin.
Is it passive, because Dovahkiin might die first otherwise.

I mean, he turns him Coporeal and Mortal, then what?

Penny's still going to just rip his soul or mind off more likely then not, especially if he's actually threatened.

Of course, that assumes that The Dragonborn lives through looking at the deadlights and that Penny would need to take action on him.

The Wright Way said:
KongKing23 said:
Yelling alone is already conducting Thu'um passively. So as Dovahkiin, I can say "**** You Horror" and it can manipulate concept on whatever extent that I meditated. Of course, it is a joke example.

Dovahkiin fought against both Accausal cosmic characters like Miraak and Alduin, both have their own way of cosmic passivity and our hero beaten all of them. I don't see how Pennywise is any different from Alduin or Miraak in this case with your aforementioned argument.

Yelling alone is already conducting Thu'um passively. So as Dovahkiin, I can say "**** You Horror" and it can manipulate concept on whatever extent that I meditated. Of course, it is a joke example.

Dovahkiin fought against both Accausal cosmic characters like Miraak and Alduin, both have their own way of cosmic passivity and our hero beaten all of them. I don't see how Pennywise is any different from Alduin or Miraak in this case with your aforementioned argument.

He has to say something, which is slower than Pennywise driving him so crazy he dies just by existing.

Alduin doesn't make people's head explode just from his presence.

In fact, several normal people were just fine contributing to their defeat without instantly dying from looking at them.

People don't understand Dragonrend. People think it's literally just taking away dragons' ability to fly. It's more than that.

Dragons in Elder Scrolls are tiny shards of the Dragon God of Time, Aka Himself. They were never truly born, they just are, and always were, as immutable and immortal beings. They predate the creation of Mundus itself.

They aren't even physical beings either, they have been notably described as "Biological Time Machines powered by ideologies" by authors Michael Kirkbride and Kurt Kuhlmann, and are indeed aspects of the Embodiment of Time itself.

As such, dragons are immortal. Even if their flesh is killed on Nirn they will never fully die, they remain, they linger, as they were and always are.

Dragonrend changes that. It forcibly strips a dragon of their timeless, immortal nature, and makes them experience mortality. The Dragonrend Shout is actually called "JOOR ZAH FRUL" in Dovahzuul, the Dragon Tongue, and it means "Mortal Finite Temporary", exactly the opposite of what dragons are.

So assuming Dragonrend can work on Pennywise, he'd lose his abstract nature and become something mortal, finite and bound by time which the Dovahkiin can straight up punch and kill.

Just like he did to Alduin, killing him forever despite being a major aspect of the Time Dragon, and literally the End of Time.

Surviving Apocrypha and Soul Cairn is more than enough to prove Dovahkiin's mental stability. These deities of Oblivion >>>> Pennywise, and yet our hero did not go crazy.

Normal people and expert mages read a Black Book can go insane, while Dovahkiin is naturally resistant due to Hero metaphysics. I highly doubt Pennywise can drive Dovahkiin going insane or exploded.

We also have historical examples of people seeing Sheogorath, and their heads exploded into dimensional playgrounds for Mad God. A level that Pennywise is very envious for.

Except, normal humans dying isn't quite the same scale as forcing someone who can comprehend higher dimensions to look away lest he die.

How many did the Skooma cat want dead, though? He's the master of madness, so if he wanted to hire a legendary hero or whatever, couldn't he just... Not kill them immediately?

There is a difference in power level, which Dovahkiin survived worst things from higher cosmic beings that Pennywise can ever compete.

Low 1-C realm of insanity + Gazing into infinity + Low 1-C exploded head realm of a Mad God >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2-C Clown cheap trick

All deities in TES passively do it better than Pennywise. Stepping in their realms is always making you susceptible to whatever influence or concept that they tried upon you.

Matthew Schroeder said:
People don't understand Dragonrend. People think it's literally just taking away dragons' ability to fly.
Truth be told, this is exactly what I thought it did. I was like "Ok so he's only immortal while flying so getting rid of his flight, gets rid of his immortality... Strange immortality".

I definitely needed to pay attention more when I played Elder Scrolls.

KongKing23 said:
There is a difference in power level, which Dovahkiin survived worst things from higher cosmic beings that Pennywise can ever compete.
Low 1-C realm of insanity + Gazing into infinity + Low 1-C exploded head realm of a Mad God >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2-C Clown cheap trick

All deities in TES passively do it better than Pennywise. Stepping in their realms is always making you susceptible to whatever influence or concept that they tried upon you.
Pennywise is is going to be going through some major changes soon, so I'm not about to get into this in a long-term sense. (because it won't matter in two weeks or so)

Having said that, this is not an argument. At all.

High 1-B scaling to the Turtle who holds the Dark Tower on his back

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
>High 1-B pennywise

What?
High 1-B

Scaling to the turtle

Who holds the Dark Tower on his back

I mean, even Dee has talked about this And the way you wank Dark Tower seems like the same fashion as her

So this debate a bust or nah?

Mages train for years to comprehend the knowledge of Apocrypha. Still go mad. As the profiles stand, Dovah's mindhax/madness resistance>>>>>>Pennywise's madness

Would Apocrypha happen to be a higher plane of existence that can drive people who see higher dimensions crazy, though

Also, I really doubt that the Skooma Cat drives everything around him insane about as much as I doubt the god of magic turning everything around them to magic and the god of light turning everyone around them to light

Just being something doesn't automatically make everything around you also something, unless that's actually a thing in Elder Scrolls.

DMUA said:
Would Apocrypha happen to be a higher plane of existence that can drive people who see higher dimensions crazy, though

Also, I really doubt that the Skooma Cat drives everything around him insane about as much as I doubt the god of magic turning everything around them to magic and the god of light turning everyone around them to light

Just being something doesn't automatically make everything around you also something, unless that's actually a thing in Elder Scrolls.
The point is about Sheogorath, who At least Low 1-C, is that he drives people crazy because he embodies Madness itself and most can't handle the reach his realm with out going mad. Just entering his realm is enough for madness.

A mortal gets a glimpse in one of those Black Books becomes insane, but it is even worse when you have At least Low 1-C being named Herma-Mora gets into your mind for eternity. This point is true.

It more or less, what these Daedra embodies can drive mortals instantly insane.

DMUA, I do agree it is okay to not believe something but you do have to try to debunk it with evidences in these debates though.

Back