• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Part 1 Munakata/Zenkichi speed upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just something I noticed while reading through this page and the manga:

Munakata's pre-Kumagawa Arc speed is listed as Subsonic+, with the justification being that he is faster than Unzen. While he certainly is faster, scaling to Unzen rather lowballs his speed, as demonstrated during his fight with the Student Council, his greatest on-panel speed feat.

When Medaka, listed as Hypersonic+, begins to turn away from him after he states that he doesn't want to fight, he immediately swings a sword at her with the intent of beheading her, though she manages to dodge the blade (having previously copied Takachiho's reflexes).

0c
0d

As can be seen in the images above, not only does the blade manage to make physical contact with her before she begins moving, it also slices nearly half of her hair off mid-dodge. As an additional note, the otherwise immensely-confident Medaka is clearly terrified, indicated that this was an actual near-death experience, unlike her fight with Unzen, whom she clearly outclasses in speed. Personally, this seems to me like evidence that Munakata should scale to Medaka, not Unzen.

Furthermore, not only does this take place after Medaka gained Takachiho's enhanced dodging abilities, she already had a base speed of Hypersonic+ before said enhancement. Thus I would argue that Munakata's pre-Kumagawa Arc speed should be listed as Hypersonic+, through scaling to base Medaka.

As a further note, one could also argue that this would imply a similar upgrade to Zenkichi, who not only fought Munakata one-on-one but consistently reacted to and deflected the vast majority of his attacks, including those launched after discarding half of his weapons and multiplying his speed.

Sneak attack on Zenkichi

Zenkichi deflection

I think that this seems to make sense.

So hypersonic+ combat speed? Seems good. Also, her ducking down like that should've scraped her ear in a bad way.

So, does anybody wish to change the statistics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back