• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Paradise Apocrypha Discussion Thread

Why did Lullabelle rebel against Heaven? It says she learned a "sinister truth", but what exactly?

I know, it's worded a bit funny. Basically, she and her sisters grew tired of the slaughter. Lulla and her sisters being Executioners of Heresy, the Heavenly Host slaughtered any such beings who oppose their divine plan for salvation, which is Unity (as Peach just mentioned, she's started a meme based off Nier Automata's "become as gods".) This is the same reason why Lucifer was cast out.

There are abstracts and cosmic horrors. Cthulhu is already confirmed.

There cosmic gods and entities such as this:

Alien-design-scifi-1

Yeah there's all kinds of beings in this world of warring mythological figures and denizens of human civilization. Every mythology is canon to the verse but I am struggling with finding info a couple. That won't stop me from including all that I can though.

Sera has gotten a lot of rants due to making Heaven seem like the most evil pantheon. But those people fail to see the point.

There's no "most evil" per se, everything has its pros and cons. This is the reason Lullabelle is guiding humanity towards self-direction, because no matter what, even if humanity is doomed for destruction, it will at least be by their own hands and not following the indoctrinated paths that these pantheons enforce upon reality.

"Since time immemorial, the inexhaustible armies of Paradiso have judged and executed the likes of blasphemy. Spread throughout all reaches of Creation, the Heavenly Host seek out and eliminate all traces of heresy in God's name. There can be no other God than the One and Only, that is the decree of Monotheism. As the result, Paradiso has waged countless wars against other pantheons and deities, the realm of Polytheism. Amid the turmoil are humans. These so-called weak and fragile creatures are actually integral to the pantheon wars. Human civilization has long left the Blue Marble, having colonized every aspect of the observable universe. Humans, their beliefs and traditions, and the very mythologies they've come to interpret is what has given rise to gods and other beings other than God, deathless, unmanifested, and incapable of influencing reality, holding back the calamity that is destroying all of Creation.
Yet even in his immobile state, God presides over Creation, preparing for the moment for which he may take action. And so Paradiso continues to spread his omnibenevolence and the mighty armies of the angels, led by the beautiful and fearsome Lullabelle, wage wars across the multiverse. Greatest among these armies are the Seraphic Executioners of Heresy, followed by the beloved Inquisition of Hegemony, the Merkabah, and the lower Angelic Hierarchy close to humanity. Together with their comrades-in-arms under the Commander's inexhaustible brilliance, they have achieved countless victories over the heretical. However, such war and chaos has left the Heavens war-torn and stained as a bloody theocratic regime that shows no mercy.

These wars have infected the angelic and demonic, mortal and immortal alike, creating eldritch creatures of unfathomable existence, incapable of description in any language. Considering the might of these entities, their manifestation often causes the appearance of a truce between fighting pantheons, but this not always the case. More often than not, the Heavenly would rather die than join the Infernal, and the Buddhic would rather remain outside the conflict and spread enlightenment, than the stand side by side with those that crave pleasure.

To be human in such times is to be a being enslaved by your own beliefs. Innocent people believe, entrust, and put their faith in the cruellest and most bloody regime of them all. These are the tales of those times. Irrelevant is the power of technology and science. Insignificant is the meaning of logic and reason. Regardless of the previously established human progress and understanding. Regardless of the power of faith in divine beings that seek to protect us. There is no peace amongst the stars, no relation, and no sympathy, only an eternity of war and slaughter, and a struggle for endless hegemony."
-Paradise Apocrypha
Added this to the verse page.

So, Ever seems to be interested in a timeline of sorts. What do you lot think?

Mind you, such a thing shall take time. I am basically writing the Myth as we speak in order to explain how such things relate. As their are many Creator Gods and pantheons. For example, multiple pantheons have took part in the creation of the human race, hence the different ethnic races, which while all biologically compatible, have very obscure and subtle differences due to gods' "genius" design.

I had a similar idea with this some years back with my verse. Although the thing kind of would be retconned, if not already...or could be brought back, since it was an idea i hadn't fully developed back then.

Outside/off-topic talk aside, a timeline would be awesome to see. ovo

Back