• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

PAD CRT: GrimRock Rocks the City Block (Lower Tier AP upgrade)

XitSign

He/Him
Hello everyone, here's a nice, simple, and quick AP update for Puzzle and Dragons, no big lore dumps or confusing mechanics about power systems.

GrimRock punches the ground and makes a fissure and we calced it, simple as that. The accepted Calc is from the updated EDIT, and is the mid end which got a result of 331,105,611,600 Joules, which I believe is City Block Level+ if I checked my math right.

GrimRock is a 3 Star Monster, which are currently Building Level based on scaling to Mistrain's natural lightning feat. This is a bit of a jump in power, but it does at least stay within the Tier 8 brackets, and Mistrain's description is far more casual than GrimRock's, so I don't think this is a particular outlier, especially since there are so far only 2 good feats total anyways. I think this is a pretty non-controversial AP upgrade for this monster class.

Because this AP rating is so close to the threshold for Multi-City Block Level though (Again, if I've done my math right, I believe it's only a 1.2x difference), 3 Star Monsters who have abilities or powers that give them multipliers will probably need Multi-City Block Level listed for those abilities. For example: The Heavy Infantry Hobgoblin can double its AP with 'Defensive Position', so it would likely need a rating similar to: "City Block Level+, Multi-City Block Level with 'Defensive Position'"

The following profiles would need updated for this change:

Seems so, especially since it's straightforward. I'll get to it...at least as soon as I can

I believe all of these are now also completed, and this can be closed as well

Back