• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

P&A Section's Revision (Toriko - Misc Characters - Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That "assumption" is based off the fact the AOE of Joie's attack is massive, which is visually shown true, if i'm arguing that Joie's attacks have the innate ability to interact with and damage souls, than the AOE given would innately have shredded her soul into smithereens. The evidence is blatantly shown in the scan provided.
Deceived, your argument as far as I can tell is this.

And I don't understand why you can't see that this is insufficient.

You say that "Joie's attacks have the innate ability to interact with & damage souls"; okay, let's say that is true then.

Even if it were the case... you do accept that Joie's attack isn't intangible? It isn't just going to phase through Setsuno's body and target her soul directly? That's not what Non-Physical Interaction means. So the AOE of the attack being visually massive means nothing if it doesn't hit her soul.

Now, we know that Setsuno deflected the majority of Joie's attack and just a part of it left cuts on her body. So even though Setsuno was hit by Joie's attack... only a relatively small amount of damage was inflicted.

Now, what does this mean for the state of Setsuno's sou? Well, let's assume that her soul did get cut exactly in the same manner at Setsuno's body was cut... So what? Being cut =/= resisting the attack. Surviving an attack =/= resistance an attack. You need something more than that.

Just because Kaka was punched through the torso by Joie, that didn't show that the rest of her spirit body was destroyed, did it? So likewise just because Setsuno's soul may have received some superficial cuts... so what? How is this a resistance?

A resistance has to be something more than normal. A person getting burned but surviving = not a resistance. A person getting less burned than normal = a resistance.

Damage, just for the sake of actually completing this thread, are you fine with a "possibly" or "likely" rating since the possibility of my claim being true does exist, and has deductive inferences which support said possibility?.

I'm asking since i don't believe we'll change each other's opinions on this matter anytime soon, so achieving somesort of a compromise seems like the best course of action currently.

I think that these Resistances for Don Slime and Setsuno should be removed:

Aside from that, I'm fine with everything else that is in the sandbox.

When it comes to Don Slime, he did not resist Neo's attack there in the linked scan, he just regenerated from it, and being a food spirit does not automatically grant resistance.

And when it comes to Setsuno, she did not resist a soul-based attack based on what I can tell from analyzing the context up above.

If those two resistances can be withdrawn, then the thread can be completed.

Just for the sake of this thread, i'll remove the resistances for now and try to re-add them later in a separate thread because i still disagree with the logic you've proposed above.

After they're removed i'll add the revised profiles to their pages.

Just for the sake of this thread, i'll remove the resistances for now and i'll try to re-add them later in a separate thread later because i still disagree with the logic above.

After they're removed i'll add the revised profiles to their pages.
Thank you for being reasonable. I'll be happy to discuss those Resistances again at a later date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back