• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord's regeneration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overlord_Darkness

Username Only
So, I think it's finally time to move on to the issue of Overlord regeneration. At the moment, the profile states that he has a Mid-Godly level, but as the profiles of FSM and Lloyd (in the form of Ultimate Spinjitzu Master) indicate, both of these characters have Reality Warping through Golden Power, which is powerful enough to change the laws and aspects of reality for the whole Realm, which should also include Conceptual Manipulations.

In addition, the Overlord is able to destroy the Balance - this is the concept on which the entire Ninjago Universe is built (including even 17 Realms), which will also lead to the destruction of everything. As Overlord said about it "There will be peace in the Dark". To be honest, it can also affect his level of regeneration, since the destruction of the most important concept of the entire Universe and at the same time survival after that looks quite strong.

Shouldn't an Overlord who repeatedly recovers even after being defeated by FSM and USM Lloyd (moreover, during the battle with FSM, he was in the world fully, in the form of a huge clot of Darkness, and not in a vessel or physical body), have a High-Godly type of regeneration?

Last edited:
Did he actually regenerate from his concept being destroyed on-screen? Cuz this seems to me that you are extrapolating that he could because the others can affect concepts.

Did he actually regenerate from his concept being destroyed on-screen? Cuz this seems to me that you are extrapolating that he could because the others can affect concepts.
Actually, he regenerate after his destruction in the final of the second season when USM Lloyd directly destroyed him without destroying Garmadon's body (Overlord possessed Garmadon's body. And when Lloyd destroyed him, all of darkness and evil was purified from the realm including Garmadon's body)

Well, he was actually destroyed once again in the final of the third season when Zane absorbed Golden Power from Golden Armor and made huge energetic boom. And yes. he regenerated once again. And then he was destroyed in the final of fifteenth season... Because of the Golden Power. But, well, LEGO directly claims that Overlord will never be defeated by any reasons so...

Need to notice that to directly attack the Overlord it needs the conceptual manipulations, because the Overlord's spirit is the abstraction

Yeah no, Concept Manip requires its own kind of proof first, as it's not an inherent aspect of anything in a setting, let alone the kinds of CM that qualify for High-Godly.

Let's also avoid blatant NLFs, especially for claims that at most just revolve a given setting's context, many horror characters are shown as unstoppable and whatever yet lose to the most simple things from other settings, we go with the stuff the character has actually been confirmed to deal or showcased, rather than pushing for the highest possible take to keep the claim as "true".

Yeah no, Concept Manip requires its own kind of proof first, as it's not an inherent aspect of anything in a setting, let alone the kinds of CM that qualify for High-Godly.

Let's also avoid blatant NLFs, especially for claims that at most just revolve a given setting's context, many horror characters are shown as unstoppable and whatever yet lose to the most simple things from other settings, we go with the stuff the character has actually been confirmed to deal or showcased, rather than pushing for the highest possible take to keep the claim as "true".
I'm not trying to do NLF. I think that High-Godly regen should be correct in this situation. For proofs here it is:
1) Golden Power is actually a very powerful thing that strong enough to erase Oni (primordial demon race that embodies the concept of Destruction) with a singular blast in all 17 realms (they went through every realm and plunge them into Oni Darkness Cloud). - LEGO Ninjago "March of the Oni" - "Endings"

2) Need to understand that Overlord's darkness powers (Darkness and Evil) and the Overlord himself is a kinda different things. It's a little bit complicated but I'll try. First of all, we must know that Darkness (power) is an abstract force that not related to the First Realm and Creation or Destruction [1] that serves as basic concepts for all of the Realms of Creation. The Overlord, actually, serves as an source of Darkness powers and is an abstraction of Evil [2] and Darkness (on the picture we can see that Overlord was called as Darkness that not a same thing as his Darkness Powers) that manifested itself. Moreover, on LEGO.com approves that Overlord is an original spirit [3] (whatever this statement mean). That should make Overlord's concept really high-level thing that surpassing the abstract level of his Darkness.
dc2wG_wCVAI.jpg
2cFQzxqA5IY.jpg

Last edited:

Agreed

Oh. Okay then. I think this can be closed, 'cause I didn't know that NPI can affect abstract existence. If the show reveals this moment better, then I will write to you on the wall about the new thread in order to discuss it. Thanks!
If you have any other doubts, you can contact me as well!

Closing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back