• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overall Katanagatari Revision/Expansion

I'm currently watching through Katanagatari (which is really good, by the way), and it became clear within the first few episodes that some of the information we presently have on the verse is a bit outdated, as well as in need of a small upgrade via a calc helpfully provided by Darkanine, and more concrete speed feats present in the series.

I also intend to make a verse page and add some additional character profiles that can be scaled from due to having solid feats.

I already have the revised pages (aside from Emonzaemon) prepared in my sandbox to copy-and-paste, but I felt like I should ask permission before going through with it.

Basic summary

An overall verse page

Profiles for Sabi Hakuhei (who scales to Shichika Yasuri and Nanami Yasuri) and Emonzaemon Sōda (who scales from Shichika) with potentially more to come.

Consequently, a small upgrade to Shichika and Nanami via the aforementioned calc (As well as removing needless info and spoilers from Shichika's page).

An additional, more accurate image for Shichika that represents his appearance throughout the series rather than at the end (as his current picture does), with a tabber to distinguish the two

Added missing ability links to Nanami and Shichika

According to Antoniofer, my calc was a bit inflated due to some scaling problems. After dinner I'll redo it based on his instructions.

As the one who created Nanami's profile I'm definitely happy that the verse is receiving some attention. I opened a thread asking for help after making it but unfortunately the only one who replied was Ant who didn't watch/read the series, I'm glad we finally have a speed value. Besides, now that they are 8-B there's a certain match I could try to do...

Kami95 said:
As the one who created Nanami's profile I'm definitely happy that the verse is receiving some attention. I opened a thread asking for help after making it but unfortunately the only one who replied was Ant who didn't watch/read the series, I'm glad we finally have a speed value. Besides, now that they are 8-B there's a certain match I could try to do...
No problem dude! I'm almost done fully revisiting the series, so I'll try to keep updating as I can (Emonzaemon takes sooo long to start doing cool stuff).

P.S. Is this match what I think it is......

Jordanbairdcreaturemaster97 said:
Is this match what I think it is......
It depends. Are you thinking about two characters from the same author that have a very similar ability? If so, you're on the right track...

I probably won't do it tho.

About the abilities, I was thinking of using "Medaka (kai)" (the mind controlled version before she learned to use Weighted Words). She doesn't have a key for that so I'm not sure if it can be added, but it would be interesting anyway. The problem is that Medaka currently doesn't have an actual AP value, so we don't know how much the AP difference is, so it's better to wait at least until her revision is done.

Back