• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Out of Place Characters

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
I just saw that Connie from Steven Universe has MHS Combat and Reaction speeds despite being just a regular human. Best part is that it's not PIS.

Ok.

Are there any more such characters like this that I should know of?

Most attack on Titan characters can react just fine to 3D maneuvering gear, despite moving faster than the eye can track and supposedly just being athletic to occasionally peak humans.

Tony Stark is supposedly a regular human (most of the time), but can react fast enough to pilot the iron man suits.

Batman's a wall level and occasionally subsonic "peak human".

Most characters in samurai anime are way stronger and faster than any samurai could be.

Quicksilver in the X-men films, is meant to be almost entirely a speedster, but still pulls off town level AP without breaking a sweat.

Edward Elric is supersonic+ to hypersonic+ despite supposedly being just a peak human physically.

Everyone who matters in SAO is hypersonic+ even though it's supposed to be hard to hit spells that are never faster than the bullet of an anti-material rifle.

Makoto Naegi is a completely average high schooler with wall level durability. And basically all the normal humans in his series scale to a superhuman+ speed feat.

I'm sure I've seen plenty more but these are the first few that came to mind.

Blahblah9755 said:
Everyone who matters in SAO is hypersonic+ even though it's supposed to be hard to hit spells that are never faster than the bullet of an anti-material rifle.
To be fair, it's because they scale to Kirito who was sword breakdancing in automatic gunfire.

@Gemmy, I know, it still gives me a good laugh to think about it though.

Also, sword breakdancing? XD I guess that's not an inaccurate way to describe it.

Burning Full Fingers said:
What about Wall level+ and Supersonic+ Mako?
Actually Mako has been established multiple times to have unnaturally high Life Fiber affinity that gives her potential much greater than a regular human. Hence why her 2-Star Uniform is absurdly stronger than all the others and why she was able to override DEFCON.

What is odd though is that, despite never explicitly being claimed to superhuman, never using Life Fibers and not even being established to have trained that hard, Tsumugu is a Mach 350s City Block level lol

Blahblah9755 said:
Quicksilver in the X-men films, is meant to be almost entirely a speedster, but still pulls off town level AP without breaking a sweatz
Technically he should be stronger, as his body would need to be able to resist the incredible friction and other forces that would act on them when moves.

Something of a misread on my part. Not AP I mean, but certainly durability. The frictional forces his body would be resisting would be insane.

I think, his durability already takes that into account, hence why it's also town level. But either way it's still funny when the series' speedster is above most of the more AP based characters.

Anyways, some others I can think of:

Most of the human main or side characters in the first Devil Survivor game (with, maybe, 3 notable exceptions), they're meant to be average to athletic humans but can kill multiversal beings.

The whole SMT series is full of normal human guns that somehow harm/upgrade universe+ to multiversal beings.

Undertale humans in general are all supposed to have souls powerful enough they can commit mass-genocide of all the monsters in the underground, though this isn't out of place for the series, it's completely out of place for the fantasy genre in general.

Takumi/Ami Aiba without using their Digimon are supposedly regular humans but have infinite speed.

All the vocaloids we have except for Hachune Miku are singing programs with planet level/relativistic and above stats as well as lots of hax.

Back