• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Our rules regarding alternative timeline Marvel and DC Comics characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
That should do it, yes. Thank you.

"Alternative Canon/Non-Canonical profiles for Marvel and DC Comics can only be created if the version in question was prominently featured in their own runs, and scale to their own feats instead of presuming to scale to their Earth-616 counterparts."
I'd just replace "Earth-616" with "main canon" or so, as I'm sure Marvel uses a different notation system for universes from DC and vice-versa, and are like, separate franchises to say the least.

I'd just replace "Earth-616" with "main canon" or so, as I'm sure Marvel uses a different notation system for universes from DC and vice-versa, and are like, separate franchises to say the least.
Agreed. It is also easier for visitors to understand.

"Alternative Canon/Non-Canonical profiles for Marvel and DC Comics can only be created if the version in question was prominently featured in their own runs, and scale to their own feats instead of presuming to scale to their Earth-616 counterparts."
Seems good.
Well, at the very least we need to mention that "What If?" characters should have some measure of notability (be well-known/popular) and only scale to their own feats, if we do not do so already.
Not sure if we still do this, but there at least were a few profiles with "What If?" or alternate universe portrayals as separate keys.

So is it fine if we add the following rule text then?

"Alternative canon/non-canonical profiles for Marvel and DC Comics can only be created if the version in question was prominently featured in their own runs, and scale to their own feats instead of being presumed to scale to their main canon counterparts."

So is it fine if we add the following rule text then?

"Alternative canon/non-canonical profiles for Marvel and DC Comics can only be created if the version in question was prominently featured in their own runs, and scale to their own feats instead of being presumed to scale to their main canon counterparts."
So about this...

Thank you for the reply. Is it fine for the rest of you as well if I add that rule text?

Okay. I will do so then.

Is it fine if we close this thread now as well?

Okay. I have done so.

Thank you to everybody who helped out in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back