• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Otherside Picnic vol. 7 Revisions

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Told you I'd be back when Otherside Picnic vol7 finished dropping.

There's just one main thing here, but it's a pretty big thing I guess.

1651883945602.png

In chapter 5 of (part 2 of) volume 7, we get this scene where Toriko and Sorawo conclude that the true forms of what they're facing up against are the frameworks of ghost stories themselves; this means that all the different Otherside entities all should have some variety of Abstract Existence (Type 1, probably). They're stories given form, and their true forms are the rules and structures of the ghost stories they embody; these are true forms that Sorawo and Toriko can interact with and even destroy, which is a big boon to both of their NPI.

The Conceptual Manipulation comes from things that Sorawo and Toriko discuss and do accomplish in the book.

1651884240363.png1651884266679.png

Sorawo's plan is to use her right eye, or Toriko's hand, to manipulate the ghost story behind Satsuki Uruma to transform her into another ghost story.

And when push comes to shove, Toriko is able to manipulate Satsuki's form through her left hand. An earlier feat of Sorawo's is also treated as functioning similarly, so both of them should probably get (limited) Conceptual Manipulation, Type 3. This is from Chapter 4 of part 3.

1651884341894.png1651884376388.png1651884470237.png

Satsuki resists it to an extent, though, so it doesn't go exactly as planned, and I guess she ends up altering her own ghost story in response? In general, Satsuki seems to have some sort of resistance to their powers.

The other thing is essentially a novelty, Toriko can feel things Sorawo can't see, which just reinforces her ESP / Enhanced Senses.

1651884715180.png

Bump again. Pretty please comment.

I could ping more staff, but not sure who. I don't want to ping people who hate being pinged is why

I'm not staff anymore, so I'm suddenly oblivious to all the annoyances of being pinged randomly for a thread I know nothing about, so I wholly and obliviously support pinging a whole bunch of random staff who don't know the first thing about this thread.

Seriously though I'll just try to get more attention for it on Discord.

Everything looks good, I think it's fair to say you can apply these now.

I'd like to get First Witch's opinion, at least. I pinged him when I made the thread and he's the only other person here who knows the verse.

Oh shit they already square up against Satsuki in Vol7?

I haven't reach the volume myself, but everything here presented looks good. It lines up with the verse's mechanics, so I agree as well.

Whoo! I'll get to the revisions tonight.

I forgot to do it last night!

I'll do it now.

Done. Also got around to making a verse page.

Last edited:
Back