• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Osmosis Jones vs. Neutrophil (Finished)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
10-C fight of the century, people. Pull out your biology textbooks and get ready for some fun.

Battle takes place in a realistic human body, specifically the bloodstream, where Osmosis is a foreign cell. He is identified by a Neutrophil, which proceeds to begin attacking him. Other Neutrophils can join in on the fight, assuming they come near Ozzy.

Osmosis has his gun, and speed is equalized. Victory is acheived when he kills the WBC and escapes into another tissue or outside of the body altogether.

Osmosis Jones (Character) -

Neutrophil - 7 (Jacky, Dragon, Saikou, Apies, Phoenix, Iap, Crimson)

Incon -

Osmosisjones 2001-1280x600
B2ap3 small neutrophil

I don't know how training would help him from getting surrounded by an amorphous mass that would begin immediately poisoning him and breaking him down at the molecular level, but the gun argument is solid.

Ozzie - 1

WBC - 0

Missed opportunity for three-way with CaT's white blood cell.

Anyway, assuming they're similar in size, while Osmosis has the intelligence advantage by far, he's bound to be swarmed by a bunch of those. On top of that, not 100% sure a gun could harm one of them, and they can ignore durability fairly easily.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Missed opportunity for three-way with CaT's white blood cell.
I'd like to add the battle, but if this gets finished I'm totally doing that.

It's a single Neutrophil in the Human Body. More can come attack if they come across Ozzy, who can escape into other tissues should he get swarmed. Ninja'd by Saikou, lol

10^11 is the amount the body produces in an entire day, not anywhere near the number in a given volume of blood. Osmosis just has to kill the one to win this, although he'd have other White Blood Cells around him he'd have to deal with while doing that.

By "the rest" I think you mean the ones in the immediate surrounding, probably, yeah. The body doesn't direct all of it's immune system at a single foreign cell. He just has to kill one and escape to win, though, and White Blood Cells aren't that prolific outside of blood (that and Osmosis can just leave the body).

I'll have to look into it, but if it does significant damage to the cell membrane that could mess up the WBC monumentally.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Would unloading his clip into it work?
Probably. That put Lysis is a slow process that doesn't kill the cell immediatly, so it would be able to retaliate for a good while.

Bump.

Also, lysis can take 20-30 mins to kill a cell if the puncture isn't massive, and Ozzy's gun won't really make more than a small hole.

Even then, cells can sort of regenerate membranes, lysis is only really when the cell literally explodes due to pressure differences.

http://science.sciencemag.org/content/356/6342/1022

I mean, that's assuming he doesn't keep on firing into it, but even in that case, it would only take a few minutes for thousands of WBCs to be on the scene.

That and Ozzy also errs towards CQC, which is a death sentence in this scenario.

I'm gonna give this to WBC due to just swarm tactics and Ozzy's CQC preference. I think he'd just get really badly swarmed and be unable to kill the thing.

Dargoo Faust said:
Also, lysis can take 20-30 mins to kill a cell if the puncture isn't massive, and Ozzy's gun won't really make more than a small hole.

Even then, cells can sort of regenerate membranes, lysis is only really when the cell literally explodes due to pressure differences.

http://science.sciencemag.org/content/356/6342/1022
I wrote this in respsonse to Apies' vote. Ozzy would have to shoot it a bunch of times, at which point it would likely be close enough to him or have alerted other WBCs in the body to his location to where it could perform degranulation and break him apart on the mollecular level.

Ozzy - 1 (Iap)

WBC - 5 (Jacky, Dragon, Saikou, Apies, Phoenix)

Er...Ozzy is a white blood cell. Along with most of his society. I highly doubt a gun couldn't kill someone from Osmosis Jones.

The real cal howard said:
Er...Ozzy is a white blood cell. Along with most of his society. I highly doubt a gun couldn't kill someone from Osmosis Jones.
Well, we're talking about a real White Blood Cell, whose physiology makes stuff like piercing attacks pretty ineffective given their amorphous consistency. Unless he riddles it with holes to the point where lysis occurs, the cell won't go down. Even then in-universe stuff like a gun wouldn't kill other white blood cells seeing as he has Low-Mid.

WBC - 6 (Jacky, Dragon, Saikou, Apies, Phoenix, Iap)

Didn't his gun damage one of Frank's main nerve receptors? Like, to the point that the animation made it look like it exploded?

(Note: I'm pretty sure it was portrayed as being the "city of Frank" equivalent to a power generator for the neighborhood he was in. Take that however you will.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back