• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Abel resists the passive taking or even if he doesn't Oryx cannot take him because the Axiom overrides his resurrection by resurrecting Abel then Abel probably stays out of range and snipes in the case that he doesn't resist. If he does resist he bypasses Oryxs resistence to conceptual manipulation with an Almighty Attack and erases him from existence and non-existence. So I vote Abel.

EmperorRorepme said:
No it says taking starts with EE. Then they are brought back and that is when Oryx controls them. It doesn't say "EE is a side effect of taking" it literally starts with EE.
Ok

The EE not working doesn't exactly stop the rest of the hax from working, which they do afaik.

i mean yeah? If EE is step 1 and all the others are step 2, Oryx can't do step 1 so step 2 can't possibly go into effect since the first step can't even happen

@Emperor

So Abel can one-shot a better version of himself + himself without any issues?

@Yvel

It's not step 1

It is the first thing that is done, but it does not inherently stop all the other shit from working if it doesn't. Literally every time Taking has been brought up in a match this has been the case, so no, Taking works.

So Oryx can use Taking on someone even if he can't erase them from existence.?Cause the profiles and the detailed information dosen't say its simply just another part of the Taking.

Maybe not but it dosen't imply the opposite. And since it always mentions the opponent is erased first its more likely implies the former of EE needing to happen sice that how Oryx remakes them

I'm going off the file so what other people say isn't relevant.

It's as Yvel said. He needs to erase first to resurrect and control. He can't resurrect without erasing. He can't have full control without resurrection. So there is no other Abel. That's the last thing I'll say on this.

Tell that to Wokistan and WHYNAUT in several other matches.

There is 0 evidence that EE is needed for Taking to work. Zip, nadda, none. The only "evidence" any of you have managed to come up with amounts to "it sounds like it needs the EE to work, so it does and my word now supercedes that of people who know what the **** they're talking about."

Ok so tell me how is Oryx going to resurrect someone without erasing them.

If Wok comes here and says that or the stuff on the profile changes I'll tale it into account. Can you post tge thread where he says EE isn't needed.

Taking doesn't really have steps. Oryx doesn't first need to EE you in order to Take you. EE is just part of it and since you are Taken there's nothing to regen from because you're still alive.

The profile doesn't even say that that's the first step. It says it erases them and that they are turned into Taken. He doesn't first erase you entirely and then make a Taken version of you. The erasure functions like a sort of corruption. Also the description on the profile is pretty old and may need a rework.

@Why

Fine then. Even if it only erases parts of you it still dosen't change that Abel is immune to EE so it wouldn't erase any of him

HI3 this is what it say verbatim

"Arguably Oryx's most useful ability, erases other beings from existence and brings them back empowered and possessed by the darkness, totally subservient to the will of Oryx."

1.Erasure 2.Resurrection

If the ability is corruption then why is it listed as erasure?

How is it semantics? It said it brings them back and empowers them. What's implying that the erasure somehow isn't important?

@Yvel

Now I don't know how good Abel's resistance is, but straight up saying he's immune to it is a NLF.

@Emperor

The abilities section lists corruption as part of Taking.

Yvel Atsly said:
@Why

Fine then. Even if it only erases parts of you it still dosen't change that Abel is immune to EE so it wouldn't erase any of him
Ok so how exactly does that save him from the 2 layers of extremely potent resistance negation, corruption, law manipulation, conceptual manipulation, body puppetry, mind manipulation, reality warping, and possession

Also how is my statment an NLF? Oryx has normal exisence erasure and Abel isn't erased slighty by the superior nonexistence erasure. So how exactly would the basic existence erasure affect Abel?

Not entirely sure why you keep bringing up the EE when i conceded that it wouldn't work and also doesn't affect a single ******* thing

Back