• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Oryx the Taken King vs Reinhard Heydrich

Hl3 or bust said:
I think he's see the "value" in Oryx due to even his projections far outclassing his own Einherjar
yes ik but if so then every soul reinhard takes would result in incon cuz he keeps souls instead by that logic. He destroys and brings them to vahalla to fight forever. I'm sure oryx would have a place in the halls but again rein can forcefully make oryx his so shouldn't that go to reinhard? And i must add he can even eject souls to the point merc cannot control them once reinhard takes them

I dont think it is inconclusive if Reinhard is just keeping him around because he wants to isnt that basically incap?

Either if that si the most likely conclusion then I vote Reinhard.

since oryx can't resist LLT and glasheirm i too vote for rein. Even with type 6 he still loses in a sense considering he is now reinhard's slave and could kill him but wouldn't need to and just boost himself so its still technically his win

Yeah nvm then, I vote for Reinhard by his 1-A concept manipulation or EE, should be able to bypass Oryx's Regenerationn.

Firstly, nobody addressed how he gets around Oryx's passives. Second of all, type 6 happens after he otherwise would be entirely erased, but it's kinda complicated.

As of the new DLC though I may be able to reinvigorate the revisions, so this may want to wait for the raid.

Also, oryx being part of rein can still influence him, but the influence is positive to the both of them because Rein already kinda conforms to the Sword Logic.

And also, rein will have to kill oryx next to his soul, having him as part of the legion is something unthinkable.

Can Oryx take over someone whose existence can take over an infinite amount of souls without being overwhelmed by their will or possessed by them?

The sword logic itself is a will, whether of an individual or a tribe of the hive, your will subjugated the light, which by citation can be considered omnipresent unless it is impelled with its opposite to another cosmic force, the darkness. The will of the oryx is greater than that of reinhard himself and of any other person in masada.

Oryx is also immune to the song of his daughters, which by itself kills all existence of someone in the etymological sense (it could be said that it is focused, but it can not state this since everything that the voice plays is dead), then alone it is immune to the presence of reinhard and even the longinus.

I'll get around to making a sword logic blog along with adcharon. As for taking, will doesn't really matter when you get haxxed 5 different ways. He effortlessly mantained an infinite supply, and literally everything that wasn't total subservience was because Oryx thought the taken were boring and let a few do what they want.

Again, Oryx's soul is separated from his body, and as this is material it's in a different universe that his sister, who's comprable to him, couldn't break into. Rein's 1-A stuff can break into his ascendant realm , but as he actually has to go there that's not a passive

I mean I personally would go incon as well. Oryx may take, but he'd probably be stuck in the ascendant realm due to the whole 1-A law forcing everyone else out.

yeah, definitely incon, since the chances of golden boye knowing about the ascendent realm are slim and his law will just trap Oryx in it

>He couldn't kill Merc through his sensory, and when he killed Methuselah it was more like he negated his abstract existence so he was no longer all darkness everywhere, then killed him.

>when he killed Methuselah it was more like he negated his abstract existence so he was no longer all darkness everywhere, then killed him.

Firstly Rein literally destroyed all what made Methuselah Methuselah. Guy only kept living through his pure will. Plus Reinhard ego is so strong He can directly suck infinite souls without any problem (considering how briahs can work rein is very egoistic and well...trying to convince rein is to get past his pretty huge ego. Even if sharing principes he won't get influenced by anyone

That's why I wanted to wait until after the raid to see if I could get anything out of that. Note that Riven was pretty easily Taken and only broke out of control because Oryx died and as such there was nobody to control him. He's already blatantly superior to the Worm Gods though, so being superior to Ahamkara was kinda obvious.

Wokistan said:
That's why I wanted to wait until after the raid to see if I could get anything out of that. Note that Riven was pretty easily Taken and only broke out of control because Oryx died and as such there was nobody to control him. He's already blatantly superior to the Worm Gods though, so being superior to Ahamkara was kinda obvious.
Riven is clearly above atleast Xol, however we don't know about the rest Eir/ the rest we don't know about (escpecially because conservative scales put the dreadnaught at the size of earth, and the dready is made of akka, so thats a huge power gap if we use hive logic)

Well, the one Oryx killed several times was Akka, explicitly the strongest. The first kill was before even being Oryx proper. He's clearly above them in power, but due to their nature they will parasitically consume him over time.

No, we did explicitly un-take his own stuff to damage him with lore wise and game wise. Even when we basically cripple him by killing every other notable hive and as such ruining his tithe system, he's still too far above Guardians for them to directly damage him until he's at the point where he'd die seconds later with or without the intervention of the player. Just about everything he does one shots you as well.

k been a while since i had the opportunity for destiny vs debates.

im pretty sure that a fight like this shouldn't have been made until we can get some serious scales for destiny, or else the fight will degrade into highballs and lowballs with absolutely no in between.

unless we get another expansion of three eyed green skinned walking pale expostion dumper.

Back