• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Oryx the Taken King vs Reinhard Heydrich

Vex EE can retroactively erase a target across innumerable timelines, Deathsingers death manip is vastly superior to killing concepts, Oryx is immune to both.

Also to do anything to him you need to override his law. Rein's 1-A stuff obviously can, but non 1-A idk about.

if im correct wasn't there a quote from asher mir stating that the pyrmaridion contained an "infinite dimensional hilbert space", if this is true and the entire vex collective mind couldn't completely comprehend oryx, just Aurash then shouldn't Oryx be above them due to comprehension logic, or is that a highball?

genuinely curious as this is my first tiime back in effectively forever

Oryx is beyond the comprehension of the vex, but high 1-B off that statement is not very good.

• It refers to a mathematical space, which is different from how we do dimensions here
  • It makes the fact that the vex care so much about this one universe and didn't just leave after we killed a major mind make no sense
  • It is an outlier for the vex and the verse as a whole.
Oryx is beyond the vex, who can comprehend those spaces in terms of math, but we as humans can comprheend the idea of higher dimensional space and we aren't high 1-B. Even if it was, that's still unfathomably below 1-A so he shouldn't be incomprehensible to rein.

Oryx does stomp the vex as a whole though, azzy just disagrees with 2-A oryx and 2-A vex. A bunch of his resistances are because it's been said numerous times that there's nothing the vex can do to him.

Yeah reins law will do the trick. It's 1-A. I was saying the other hax that is not 1-A like EE needs to get by that. Also Oryx seems to be able to take, from what's been said above. As rein destroys the projection, he becomes a taken before getting the opportunity to go find and kill real Oryx by the look of things.

I mean, the match seems fair, actually, due to the weird way around immortality and rein's character making type 6 viable.

Tfw "responding soon" becomes "no response in several months"

how would type 6 even work? The moment reinhard kills you your soul would be bound to glasheirm and detacth itself from merc's law

Wokistan said:
So as for the type 6. Oryx can live on as the sword logic itself, and if someone somehow inflicts a final death to him and takes his power/the mantle of the taken king, he will live on through them. He will "correct" the host, and they will "correct" him, eternally shaping one another into the final, perfect shape. While this would usually mean that Oryx shapes the host into himself, I don't see that sort of fill conversion happening to rein. However, Rein's character lines up perfectly with sword logic morality, and as such I don't see him registering this as a bad thing as it just results in him becoming even more busted than usual and constantly growing and evolving even more. Due to it being a mutually beneficial symbiotic relationship, I doubt rein would in character expunge Oryx's influence, and as such if it comes to killing true Oryx, it goes to incon.
^

tbf rein's law is based on submission though what is the morality of the sword? And i think rein would like to simply be himself but eh idk

Rein's law gives to him he powers of those he defeats/consumes, but still makes them an "different" existence. They are a part of him, but still being themselves

What do you mean with by morality? It something like the weak to the perfect power in the etymological sense. He will have the will of oryx which is the sword logic and that will is nurtured by power and challenges. As long as reinhard exists, oryx will exist in him as his own will and manifest as a desire for power, what can make him stronger he will chase this.

Rein has the capacity to get rid of him, unlike most people, but won't because it gives him such a huge boon. Likewise, Oryx can usually take people over but probably can't for rein. It forces an inconclusive.

From what I read of the discussion, I do not see ways to one finalize the other in a absolute death way, especially when I know hims, and both hax and immortalities that both possess and resistences also hampers, being a skill that could finalize can be countered or invalid by Regenerationn or immortality or resistence.

so, i see one inconclusive too

he can't take over and well he can keep him but reinhard would have full control over him as a soul in technicality tbf. And well any other soul reinhard takes are revived and forced to serve him for eternity due to its law. Idk if you can count as incon considering oryx while being an existence is forcefully subjected and cannot retaliate in anyway shape or form

I am pretty sure that 1-A EE in base was rejected, and that that mainly applies to his law. I'll respond to the other stuff later.

Every day a discussion of 1-A EE, but the longinus can not kill ren in one a single shot (and it looks like it can kill a 1-A) and the machina still stands equal to or above the reinhard in that question (quoted by himself on the kei route if I remember correctly).

Archaron said:
Every day a discussion of 1-A EE, but the longinus can not kill ren in one a single shot (and it looks like it can kill a 1-A) and the machina still stands equal to or above the reinhard in that question (quoted by himself on the kei route if I remember correctly).

LLT was aiming at Marie's soul, not Ren. And that caused some seriously weird shit

You mean dodged the attack and tanked the shockwave?

Funny, that's what I thought , but lots of people seemed to disagree...

idk on that. iirc the narration did state he took it but because of how his sensory work that never mattered? And if you mean valeria then his conviction was wavered and it hit marie instead of ren though ren did get into a coma. Machina is below LLT iirc

yeah, but Oryx's is probably one of, if not, the best type 6 immortalies out there iirc

anyways, i'd say Oryx's type 6, if he isn't murderstomped by proxy from his material self, will cause Reinhard to let him live and gradually make them both even more busted than usual

tbh the only issue is that now oryx will have 0 free will and will be subjected to reinhard whether he likes it or not. Idk how to call incon but rein can kill him and take his soul for himself (pretty sure he could have killed his type 6 if needed but he loves things so he would likely take the soul making them a slave to his vahalla)

Can someone put together a blog about sword logic? I dont play Destiny and have only read the wiki and sword logic is the weirdest thing so it would be great if it was properly explained for people who dont play the game. Especially when wondering how someone like Oryx lost to Guardians.

Back