• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Oryx, The taken king speed.

Why is Oryx's Speed only FTL when he is clearly superior to the vex collective and should have stats from the vex (such as speed) due to taking them or outright defeating them, such as when they infiltrated his throne world or Crota fighting out of the vex network. Especially when the vex are implied on multiple occations to be beyond time in multiple ways:
Such as Vex navigating across time (though this could simply be technology induced time travel),

Atheon sidesteps past and future which imo seems to not be time travel and an inherent thing vex like atheon can do,

'The Vex understand time in a way we never will...We live in time. They use it as a tool. Any moment that's ever happened, any moment that will ever happen, they can go back to it.', using time itself as a tool seems to me like theyre beyond it to a degree and are able to use it, as opposed to time travelling using tech which isnt using time as a tool and is using an external tool to navigate time.

'The Vex, they're the closest to understanding it. They've got distance from it. If time's a river, then we're fish and they're diving birds', Of course refering to time, i think this again describes less of being able to time travel and more that vex as a collective being beyond time to a degree,

They also create structures that move/expand beyond linear time, such as the Black Garden which 'grows into tomorrow and yesterday',

From statements like these I feel the vex as a collective should have immeasurable speed. At least when in their designated vex spaces (of course people like Atheon are powerful only in the VoG). But Oryx has affected the collective and weaker hive have battled vex inside their network and through tithing their power should go to Oryx. Of course it may be that im minsunderstanding requirements for immeasurable, but on vsbw it states 'Being able to casually roam around freely across linear time qualifies for immeasurable speed' which the vex do a lot. and i dont think the follow up from that quote applies to the vex and their movement across time.

Thanks for any insight in future and appologies if im horribly misunderstanding something here lmao.

Back