• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Oryx, The Mad God vs Brunhild Schild

Oryx is getting used? Nice!

Oryx has a pretty big AP advantage as he has a 40+ character scaling chain from 8.8 Megatons, which is already above what Schild scales to.

Second off, I'm reading several meters with magic on Schild's page. She needs to dodge Oryx’s already pretty dang good danmaku to get close enough to hit him with her magic. Oryx lives and breathes close quarters combat with both his skill as a gladiator who was a top-tier in skill in the strongest military on the planet as well as his danmaku which is hyper-effective up close.

So let me break this down, Schild's wincon is hitting the guy who tanks thousands of hits from those using HIS SWORD enough times to win, she doesn't seem skilled at dodging danmaku so by the time she gets to Oryx, who already negs dura and lolnos walls with a lot of his danmaku, she is going to be at the very least injured, she then has to stay in range enough to land thousands if not tens of thousands of hits on Oryx, who by the way amps himself and his danmaku when he is half-dead, and has invulnerability that lasts for a bit, and can nuke her magic if she gets hit with a silencing or quieting shot. Oh and Schild is at a stamina disadvantage plus Oryx being a stamina monster.

I'm willing to call this a stomp, Oryx can even fly if he needs to and has every advantage, including hax. second key isn't much better with that accursed status effect shot spam, and first key uses quiet a LOT.

Oh and if shit hits the fan Oryx can BFR her.

In short: You don't want to use Oryx here, Void Entity has similar issues in his first key and passives her to death in his second key. Your gonna want to use another 7-B in RotMG if you want to keep this fight going.

Side note: RotMG type 4 immortality isn't combat-acclible

Was a possible match for the 7-B tourney that didn't looks like it's happening, so I got curious.

So regarding that range....... I forgot updating a characters range again... I mean, she is 7-B by causing a fricking 9km explosion, so there obviously is something wrong with that. Gonna make a little CRT to update that real quick.

In the meantime two questions:
1. Wasn't his BFR OOC?
2. Isn't Oryx's only dura neg is about ignoring armor? Brunhild is not wearing any armor.

Was a possible match for the 7-B tourney that didn't looks like it's happening, so I got curious.

So regarding that range....... I forgot updating a characters range again... I mean, she is 7-B by causing a fricking 9km explosion, so there obviously is something wrong with that. Gonna make a little CRT to update that real quick.

In the meantime two questions:
1. Wasn't his BFR OOC?
2. Isn't Oryx's only dura neg is about ignoring armor? Brunhild is not wearing any armor.
Yes, but that's because he stays in the place he BFRs too

Kind of, it also passes through people.

Though Oryx is more likely to run her out of stamina then die to someone below even the bottom of the 7-B scaling chain

Though Oryx is more likely to run her out of stamina then die to someone below even the bottom of the 7-B scaling chain
Ya shouldn't ignore Brunhild's abilities. For a start, she can create any kind of object of her choice and as often as she needs it. Shields to block attacks? Sure. An instantly lethal poison? Possible as well.
Second, she can add attributes to things. The amount of effects those attributes have is limited to her strength (or the strength of her writing to be specific), however, writing can be stacked. He might be above her immediate striking strength, but that will change once he has been afflicted with the property of being "brittle" a few times.
Third, she can add characters to the name of things to change their nature accordingly. How strong will he still be if he was turned into Oryx, The Mad Goddaughter.

Kind of, it also passes through people.
What do you mean it "passes through people". I mean, does it just oneshot everyone without resistance or not? What mechanism does it have exactly?

Ya shouldn't ignore Brunhild's abilities. For a start, she can create any kind of object of her choice and as often as she needs it. Shields to block attacks? Sure. An instantly lethal poison? Possible as well.
Second, she can add attributes to things. The amount of effects those attributes have is limited to her strength (or the strength of her writing to be specific), however, writing can be stacked. He might be above her immediate striking strength, but that will change once he has been afflicted with the property of being "brittle" a few times.
Third, she can add characters to the name of things to change their nature accordingly. How strong will he still be if he was turned into Oryx, The Mad Goddaughter.

What do you mean it "passes through people". I mean, does it just oneshot everyone without resistance or not? What mechanism does it have exactly?
And why isn't this on the profile? Concept manip doesn't cover all of that especially to someone who doesn't know the series

If it hits the head it's going right through it for example, it passes through those comparable to Oryx.

Frankly as it stands her profile is concept manip, creation, and not much else, I recommend making a page for gears(if there ain't already one) because all I can say is "not on the profile" and it would apply

And why isn't this on the profile? Concept manip doesn't cover all of that especially to someone who doesn't know the series

If it hits the head it's going right through it for example, it passes through those comparable to Oryx.
Creation is on the profile and the properties are added via concept manipulation. Therefore I can rightfully claim it to be covered by concept manipulation. Also, which P&A would you use for "the ability to add properties to things" anyway?
Aside from that, it is mentioned on the profile. It's explained in detail in the Notable Attack and Techniques section. It's part of the described effects of Gram to be specific. You can't just ignore that part of the profile and then claim an ability is not on the profile. Brunhild isn't Vandalieu. Missing details due to not reading the Notable A/T section is fault of the reader.

What does "it passes through the head" mean? Is it just intangibility? If so, I don't see how it matters, since an intangible attack passing through something doesn't leave a hole.

I recommend making a page for gears(if there ain't already one)
"Gear" is just the in-universe word for "universe". No point making a profile for that.

Creation is on the profile and the properties are added via concept manipulation. Therefore I can rightfully claim it to be covered by concept manipulation. Also, which P&A would you use for "the ability to add properties to things" anyway?
Aside from that, it is mentioned on the profile. It's explained in detail in the Notable Attack and Techniques section. It's part of the described effects of Gram to be specific. You can't just ignore that part of the profile and then claim an ability is not on the profile. Brunhild isn't Vandalieu. Missing details due to not reading the Notable A/T section is fault of the reader.

What does "it passes through the head" mean? Is it just intangibility? If so, I don't see how it matters, since an intangible attack passing through something doesn't leave a hole.

"Gear" is just the in-universe word for "universe". No point making a profile for that.
And no mention in the P&A? That's my only gripe with the profile, though as it currently is she is dead before she gets in range, post-revisions? Well let's just say she wouldn't be in the tournament if she can actually just instant kill with poison or apply the role of "complete weakling" and it turn someone 10-C.

It's limited dura neg is the jist of it, though you could argue that a 9-A(the ninja) can harm 7-Bs with it.

Alright makes sense

And no mention in the P&A? That's my only gripe with the profile, though as it currently is she is dead before she gets in range, post-revisions? Well let's just say she wouldn't be in the tournament if she can actually just instant kill with poison or apply the role of "complete weakling" and it turn someone 10-C.
Well, as said, I view it as an application of concept manipulation, so it is mentioned in the P&A. If you read concept manip of all things stuff like that should be expected. Also, as said, I just don't know which other ability would work. I'm open for suggestions.

As for the other stuff: Keep in mind that she has to hit something with Gram to modify its properties. So she can't just think people dead.
Same goes for the poison. She can create poison, but it is a realistic poison that has to get into the body somehow.

It's limited dura neg is the jist of it, though you could argue that a 9-A(the ninja) can harm 7-Bs with it.
I mean, can I take it as Brunhild wouldn't actually be oneshotted then?

Well, as said, I view it as an application of concept manipulation, so it is mentioned in the P&A. If you read concept manip of all things stuff like that should be expected. Also, as said, I just don't know which other ability would work. I'm open for suggestions.

As for the other stuff: Keep in mind that she has to hit something with Gram to modify its properties. So she can't just think people dead.
Same goes for the poison. She can create poison, but it is a realistic poison that has to get into the body somehow.

I mean, can I take it as Brunhild wouldn't actually be oneshotted then?
I'm stumped here myself

Oryx is like 15 feet tall and has to cross nearly 4 kilometers to even begin to attack effectively. He is getting hit.

Probably.

Why? It's a stomp. Oryx can't get hit and he isn't the one for dodging. Not to mention the AOE Schild has

Back