• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
“That's fair, I suppose. Did Orochi lead with that?”

The spikes and fire are Orochi’s main attacks. Though at first Orochi doesn’t use the fire much. In every other fight he is in after the first one he constantly used it, but that seems to be because he was fired up (pun not intended) because of fighting Garou. Though if tentacle phases through Akuma, then he definitely is just going to laser beam him until he dies. Especially since Orochi will understand the intangiblity upon seeing it because it’s a martial art technique. He can’t use it because it requires Street Fighter’s killing intent, but he’ll understand it.

I actually don’t agree with Akuma being better. Even then I don’t think the advantage would be big on whoever has it. Ignoring all the stuff that is going to make skill pretty irrelevant. You can’t skillfully parry a continuous Aoe ten times your size. And you can’t parry attacks coming from dozen of different directions all at once unless you have multiple arms or a specific power to do that. Akuma doesn’t have an omnidirectional parry, and someone who did have that still got hit by Orochi plenty of times.

@GilverTheProtoAngelo , is yours a vote for Orochi? If yes, this is grace.

Everyone else Akuma hit with it got staggered because he’s stronger than them in every way.

I just want to make a correction on this, Akuma has used it on Gouken in their first battle and was about to do it in SF4 at the start of their fight, it just got nulled by Gouken's Power of Nothingness.
Akuma also uses it on Gen in their Alpha 3 intro (although Gen parries all hits) and may have used it on him canonically. I don't think it changes much, but the RD working only on people weaker than Akuma isn't true.

I didn’t mean it can only kill people weaker than Akuma. Orochi’s advantage comes from how big of a lifting strength advantage he has plus size. He would just be difficult to hit with the technique in general.

You just said Gen could survive it by parrying it, so Orochi can just keeping fight Akuma while he does it. The thing that makes it an instant kill is that he can stagger/grab you into it. Neither work on Orochi so he has to preform a combo on a guy that can: distract him with tentacles, blast him with a massive AoE, or reflect it with his attack reflection. All of those things are independent of each other.

I didn’t mean it can only kill people weaker than Akuma. Orochi’s advantage comes from how big of a lifting strength advantage he has plus size. He would just be difficult to hit with the technique in general.

You just said Gen could survive it by parrying it, so Orochi can just keeping fight Akuma while he does it. The thing that makes it an instant kill is that he can stagger/grab you into it. Neither work on Orochi so he has to preform a combo on a guy that can: distract him with tentacles, blast him with a massive AoE, or reflect it with his attack reflection. All of those things are independent of each other.
Yes, that is true, I just didn't want to leave the idea that just being comparable to Akuma means you automatically don't get staggered. With the right skill it can be parried and it would be difficult to land on Orochi, I think.

Anyway, this is grace.

Yeah I realize I could have been more precise on what I meant. He can do it without staggering the opponent, but it loses a lot of what makes it an instant win when the opponent can keep fighting while it happens. Which is the point I was trying to make.

9D13BA556E0CCDD4DD2E9A97B8FF9DDFCE538EE7

Grace has ended, I'm adding the match.

The battle has been fierce and difficult for both, but eventually Akuma couldn't keep up with the giant monster and fell on his knees.

A: "Mph, finally someone worthy of the death match I sought for so long..."

O: You strength and skill are admirable too, you'd make a good monster in my organization. I can spare your life if you join me as my servant.

A: Never! I have no interest in such petty things. I only care for a battle to could push me to the very edge and I found it. Now end this and do what you must! Let's give the proper conclusion to this fight!

O: As you wish...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back