• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

orochi feat calc question

Orochi says he's pulling "energy", why is molten material being used rather than just a ball of energy generated from the heat of the core?

This seems more like a Superman-absorbing-solar-radiation-for-a-blast than somehow dredging up core material and somehow converting that into a beam.

The distortion created from the pull would yield Low 5-B due to it moving a few thousand times the speed of sound.
The distortion created by moving energy 6000km would equate to small planet levels worth of kinetic energy?

I’m not sure it’s clear to me what assumptions are being made in that assertion.

I would think that energy moving 6000km wouldn’t be enough to destroy a planet, and I’m not sure what is being attributed to the “distortion” - if it’s the earthquakes, that is already included in the calc as a much lower KE value, if it’s the movement of energy, I’d like to know by what metrics moving energy would result in such a thing.

The distortion created by moving energy 6000km would equate to small planet levels worth of kinetic energy?
Yeah. When he's pulling up the core the mantel and outer core are similarly distorted and pulled with it. Which is where the other Low 5-B statement comes from.

Yeah. When he's pulling up the core the mantel and outer core are similarly distorted and pulled with it. Which is where the other Low 5-B statement comes from.
That doesn’t answer the question of what if that is just energy rather than core material.

If he’s drawing what amounts to thermal energy, the visual would make sense as well considering the seeming thermal aura within the mantle.

what if that is just energy rather than core material.
The pull mentioned earlier still distorted the layers of the Earth when it was pulled. To get an actual number you'd need to ask ByAsura since he's the one who brought it up original.

The pull mentioned earlier still distorted the layers of the Earth when it was pulled. To get an actual number you'd need to ask ByAsura since he's the one who brought it up original.
Why is this "distortion" anything more than the energy moving through the Earth? Necessarily it would be displacing matter around it, but the pull calculation from what I'm reading is stipulating the force based on a quantity of matter that was pulled over a given distance.

Why is this "distortion" anything more than the energy moving through the Earth? Necessarily it would be displacing matter around it, but the pull calculation from what I'm reading is stipulating the force based on a quantity of matter that was pulled over a given distance.
Why the heck would there be energy in earth? It's all magma mate and it specifically looks like a piece of the core, otherwise the core would have been colored in a different manner.

Why the heck would there be energy in earth? It's all magma mate and it specifically looks like a piece of the core, otherwise the core would have been colored in a different manner.
If Orochi, as he says, is collecting energy, he could be collecting thermal energy, which the core would have ample amounts of. Without an explanation for how he collects core material and converts it into energy, and with the presentation of Orochi literally igniting after he takes in the energy, this would seem to make sense.

Why is this "distortion" anything more than the energy moving through the Earth
Because it appears before the Inner Core loses a chunk of its thermal energy. Just look at the scan I posted, you can see the distortion through the planet.

Because it appears before the Inner Core loses a chunk of its thermal energy. Just look at the scan I posted, you can see the distortion through the planet.
I see the path the energy is taking melting through the layers of Earth, yes.

Wouldn't it be better to calculate the distortion inside the Earth? Cause I don't think Orochi summoned the matter. It would imply he has some kind of matter-energy conversion ability, he didn't grow in size after absorbing that ball. And if it was matter, as in iron or smth, he should've grown. It's better to consider that thing as a ball of energy.

I agree it's not matter. I've always argued against assuming it's iron from the core.
As I've said in the discussion thread, I don't have any precise calcs, just an estimate. It's based on a section of the Earth's inner core being displaced in something like 5 or 10 seconds.

I'm not really confident in being able to properly calc it, especially since Murata's Earth here isn't very spherical, and part of the panel is cut off.

Last edited:
Back