• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Oranguru and Passimian upgrade

Organguru and Passimian

Oranguru is implied to have a rivalry with Slowking, constantly encountering it in battle of wits.
"Deep in the jungle, high in the lofty canopy, this Pokémon abides. On rare occasions, it shows up at the beach to match wits with Slowking."
-Pokemon sun.

Oranguru also has a base stat of 490 which is the same as Alakazam and Slowking.
While using base stats isn't super reliable i am pretty sure that scaling someone who already is implied to be on a high level to a high level would be more than reasonable.

Passimian is the opposite of oranguru, the former being in sun and latter in moon version.
Passimian also has the same base stat total.

They would now scale to High 7-A, FTL speed and Class M Ls

Matching intelligence isn't power. But all fully evolved mons should be high 7-A at least. Base stats are completely irrelevant

Matching intelligence isn't power. But all fully evolved mons should be high 7-A at least. Base stats are completely irrelevant
they are relevant when it comes to author intention and combat intention.
There are specific criteria that can be observed throughout the game.
Baby pokemon will have stats below 300, closer to a hundred. First stages are usually ~320-340 with the only two exceptions being Ponyta and Onix. Second stages are most of the time around 410-440 and finally, fully evolved mons are 490 to 600. Oranguru fits the final stage criteria and thus it can be used as a supporting feat.

they are relevant when it comes to author intention and combat intention.
There are specific criteria that can be observed throughout the game.
Baby pokemon will have stats below 300, closer to a hundred. First stages are usually ~320-340 with the only two exceptions being Ponyta and Onix. Second stages are most of the time around 410-440 and finally, fully evolved mons are 490 to 600. Oranguru fits the final stage criteria and thus it can be used as a supporting feat.
Author intention is irrelevant

Giratina has lower spdef than shuckle, Cramorant has 475 base stat total yet it is immensely stronger than Pikachu making it scale to fully evolved Pokemon, Stantler has 465 base stat yet is shown to be as durable as Ursaring. Your logic also has inconsistencies considering pokemon like Carbink have 500 base stat and Gabite has 410, yet Gabite can overpower and catch and eat Carbink before Sableye who has 380 base stat does, and Sableye can also prey on Carbink

Author intention is irrelevant
That's bullshit, author intention is the basis of fiction
Giratina has lower spdef than shuckle, Cramorant has 475 base stat total yet it is immensely stronger than Pikachu making it scale to fully evolved Pokemon, Stantler has 465 base stat yet is shown to be as durable as Ursaring. Your logic also has inconsistencies considering pokemon like Carbink have 500 base stat and Gabite has 410, yet Gabite can overpower and catch and eat Carbink before Sableye who has 380 base stat does, and Sableye can also prey on Carbink
-Giratina is a legendary. Legendaries, unlike normal pokemon, have a system that makes them just op enough to not be too op, rather than placing them into a category. Also Giratina has a base total of 175 more than shuckle.
-I mean why not? This isn't Ash's pikachu, this is normal pikachu, who's 8-A at the moment, so it being immensly stronger than pikachu makes perfect sense.

Carbink can easily be another outlier to this system. I never said that the base stats are the ultimate truth, i am just saying that it is good supporting evidence for when you want to prove something.

If you have a second stage who you want to prove is comparable to another second stage and you see that they've the same base stats it will be of good support for your cause.

That's bullshit, author intention is the basis of fiction

-Giratina is a legendary. Legendaries, unlike normal pokemon, have a system that makes them just op enough to not be too op, rather than placing them into a category. Also Giratina has a base total of 175 more than shuckle.
-I mean why not? This isn't Ash's pikachu, this is normal pikachu, who's 8-A at the moment, so it being immensly stronger than pikachu makes perfect sense.

Carbink can easily be another outlier to this system. I never said that the base stats are the ultimate truth, i am just saying that it is good supporting evidence for when you want to prove something.

If you have a second stage who you want to prove is comparable to another second stage and you see that they've the same base stats it will be of good support for your cause.
Why is it the basis?

Legendaries have a "system" because of their feats, so we use feats

Im saying that cramorant who has 475 base stat is already fully evolved tier. Why is carbink an outlier? I don't think it can even be used as supporting evidence, I think feats are the only thing that matters because of the carbink thing

Anyways, this isn't very controversial so I think 1 staff member is all thats needed. Send this to saman or someone

You still ignore the part that base stats are supporting evidence, not the main evidence.

If you want to prove that something is an apple you're gonna have the main evidence as texture and how it looks. However the supporting evidence would be that it is sweet. It doesn't mean anything by itself but if an apple is sweet then it just guarantees it.
In this case it is the same. It's supporting evidence. If you try to prove that a pokemon is as strong as another pokemon it is a lot easier to prove it if the have the same stats than if one pokemon has 500 base total and the other 200

I don’t recall it fighting anything in the anime but I don’t know about the manga however I think it is worth pointing out a relationship between the intelligence of there is psychic type and its power.

I think the better route to take would be scaling Passimian to Ambipom due to both being evenly matched in fights ("In their search for comfortable trees, they get into territorial disputes with groups of Passimian. They win about half the time") and Ambipom being High 7-A like all over gen 4 evolutions. Though I disagree with using base stat totals to scale.

I think the better route to take would be scaling Passimian to Ambipom due to both being evenly matched in fights ("In their search for comfortable trees, they get into territorial disputes with groups of Passimian. They win about half the time") and Ambipom being High 7-A like all over gen 4 evolutions. Though I disagree with using base stat totals to scale.
fair, but still this is definitely an upgrade

Back