• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OPM Profiles are Terrible. Revision needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, Bomb has 7-A durability, yet he got one shot by Black Sperm? Then either Bomb does not have that level of durability, or Black Sperm is 7-A. Same with Bang, he has 7-A durability yet he got knocked out for a long time by Homeless Emperor. Before you say "Well neither of them were killed, so they technically tanked it", Whis scales to Beerus by doing the exact same thing Black Sperm did to Bomb, so Black Sperm scales to Bomb. Watchdogman isn't freaking 7-A, he just took out a shitload of Tiger level threats, and he's been known to have beaten a Demon level threat when he was younger, that's not 7-A. Easily defeating Garou is also not 7-A.

OPM does seem to have some odd scaling in places.

For example, Genos has a city-level calc for his energy blast.

Tank-Top Master is compared to Genos is being roughly similar in terms of physical strength.

This is used to justify Tank-Top Master being city-level.

Now, I may be wrong here but this reasoning seems a bit flawed, no? Genos' energy blasts are not stated to be equal to his punches. So why is the calc for Genos' energy blast equated to his physical strength?

@Damage, I may be wrong, but isn't the reason for that the fact that people who could tank his energy blasts he could damage with his punches?

I may need to reread Genos' fights but I'm sure that his energy blasts are portrayed as being more powerful than his punches.

For example, he tried hitting Garou with his energy blasts multiple times but Garou resorted to dodging or using human shields to avoid getting hit at all. However when Genos hit Garou with a barrage of punches, he wasn't significantly damaged. So there's a clear difference there between Garou desparately avoiding Genos' blasts but being able to tank multiple punches by him.

Has anybody informed the people that I mentioned yet?

I'm not dealing with OPM threads anymore. Jonathan wore me out.

But anyways Watchdog Man is generally regarded as one of the more powerful S-Classes. He mistook Garou's full powered punches for a mere handshake. Garou stated that Watchdog Man's power goes way beyond anything he could imagine, and this was after he had fought Metal Bat, someone stated by ONE to be able to take on Dragon level threats.

IIRC Bang was already weakened and restrained by Psykos when Homeless Emperor started hitting him. But he is a powerful Dragon level threat so I don't see much going against him being 7-A.

Black Sperm is also a very powerful Dragon level. I don't see why he can't be 7-A.

Really nothing in the OP goes against 7-A besides incredulity or merely asserting that they aren't 7-A.

As for Damage's post, I recall other monsters being able to survive blasts yet still taking damage from Genos's blows. I'll have to go back in check. At the very least Bang and Bomb scale to Genos's energy blast. Their blows did much more damage to Elder Centipede's shell than Genos's blasts did.

Okay. Thank you. So what, if anything, needs to be changed?

Perhaps we need a discussion rule, saying this:

"Do not complain about the Powerscaling in One Punch Man. We have had a multitude of threads (I'll grab links to threads related later) about this, and it has become repetitive."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrL6Y6LZf3Q

Genos punched Sea King hard enough to rip a hole in his face, then shoots a blast at him which he survived. Then he clearly stuns Sea King with a solid kick. He then trades blows with Sea King, starts to make him bleed a bit with his attacks, and clearly stuns him hard with a solid punch. Then Sea King goes on to survive more blasts.

I'll try to find other examples later.

I don't think anything needs to be changed based on the OP, but I will do a revision of the scaling across the existing profiles to see if I can find anything questionable.

DMUA said:
Perhaps we need a discussion rule, saying this:
"Do not complain about the Powerscaling in One Punch Man. We have had a multitude of threads (I'll grab links to threads related later) about this, and it has become repetitive."
What would be the point in this?

Then shall I do the changes. And you can't just say you're not going to help me out because of some Jonathan guy that I don't even know about. So Black Sperm and Homeless Emperor are 7-A? Homeless Emperor did claim to be stronger than Black Sperm. And Bang was not weakened at all, he was 100% fresh when he went up against the Dragons.

Yes I can. I have absolutely no obligation to respond to a thread I don't wish to. Nor does anyone. However I still gave my input here because I want to help out.

Sure they can be 7-A. I recalled Psykos restraining Bang before he got hit by Homeless Emperor as well as being a bit tired. Though either way it should scale.

Is there anything else that needs to be revised?

Damage3245 said:
What would be the point in this?
So that the mods don't get to exhausted to deal with everything therefore deteriorating at their patience.

Alright. **** Jonathan. He ****** up this site for me. I'm only on this site for OPM but the mods don't even want to deal with OPM because of him. Anyways, that's all I wanted to revise. Can I do the changes?

Don't worry. I was in a pretty bad mood when I put that. I'm still gonna help out with OPM. Jonathan's just made OPM a major pain for me. Others will offer help as well.

Yeah go ahead.

I'm not the biggest expert on OPM's power scaling, but iirc, Bomb may have been one-shotted by Black Sperm, but he still survived. And it seems unlikely for a bloodlusted monster to hold back in the first place. Additionally, there are numerous underrated and overrated heroes among the S-Class party even. Ironically, aside from Tatsumaki and Blast, more than half the characters below #10 are actually comparable if not superior to Bang. Not to mention characters like Zombie Man are among the weaker S-Class heroes and Atomic Samurai S-Class hero who isn't as strong as his rating.

@AizentheMighty No problem.

@Dark Hero Association rankings aren't very reliable. And even if Bomb didn't die Black Sperm scales to harming him.

@Ryu, I'm well aware of that. That was basically my point entirely. Otherwise, King would one shot Saitama ^^

Ugh, i'm in a really shitty mood right now because I just missed an awesome field trip for my PE class because I got the dates mixed up.

Anyways, I'm a little confused as to how we should handle Homeless Emperor and Zombieman. It has been stated numerous times that HE is just human level physically, and hes only this powerful because of his energy orbs. so his durability shouldnt be changed right? and i dont think zombieman should scale to HE, as he never directly defeated him in combat, only by merely holding him hostage.

I'm real sorry about that.

Do you have any examples of HE being stated to be a regular human? I hear this a lot but I never recall seeing any statements of such.

I agree that Zombieman shouldn't scale, but he's still 7-B for other reasons.

thanks.

and yeah, i took a quick look through the webcomic and i dont think it says anything about HE being only human level physically. however, zombieman has stated that HE would suffer lethal injuries if he got hit by his own attacks, so his durability doesnt seem to be quite as good as his attack potency.

Ryukama said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrL6Y6LZf3Q
Genos punched Sea King hard enough to rip a hole in his face, then shoots a blast at him which he survived. Then he clearly stuns Sea King with a solid kick. He then trades blows with Sea King, starts to make him bleed a bit with his attacks, and clearly stuns him hard with a solid punch. Then Sea King goes on to survive more blasts.

I'll try to find other examples later.
That looks like a combo of the punch + energy blast ripped a hole in his face. Not something accomplish by physical feats alone (which is why I don't think TTM scales to that attack).

@AizentheMighty I think his dura should be "Unknown" then. No statements of being human level but he did get restrained by Zombieman who is far weaker than Bang, and there's the statement that he can't survive getting hit by his own blasts.

@Damage Except you can see the hole start to form before the blast fires off. Even then there were other instances of Genos harming Sea King with his strikes.

Okay sounds good. And why don't we have a profile for manga garou? he only becomes 7-A in the webcomic i believe. manga garou is still 7-B

I'll wait for a bit more input before changing.

Nobody bothered to make a key.

I don't see much point in making a new key for manga Garou. He's about to be caught up to the point where he's that strong in the webcomic soon.

If Ryukama is fine with the changes, I am as well.

Ryukama has to confirm that the changes have been made first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back