• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Strike! Akame vs Master Yi

Xmark12

FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Akame of the Demon Sword Murasame: 7

Master Yi, the Wuju Bladesma: 7

Inconclusive: 2

Rules:

• Both are in their base (aka the Akame Ga Kill base Akame).
  • In-character, but both are serious about winning.
  • Win by whatever they would do in-character to win.
  • Both have basic knowledge of eachother (For example: Akame knows of Yi's experience with Wuju Style and some of his basic moves whereas Yi knows what Akame's Murasame does).
  • Speed equalized.
(We can change the rules at any time to make the fight more fair)

The match takes place in Summoner's Rift:
Summoner's Rift

Who will win between the experienced sword wielders?

Music:

Neutral Battle Music

Akame's Battle Music

Master Yi's Battle Music

Akame manga
Yi 2

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
Agreed with Weekly, and quite a close matchup. Really not sure of who wins tbh. What are Akame's trademarks and abilities again?
Her speed (which is now equalized), being a pretty good assassin, and her Murasame (which poisons the opponent).

Ok this is extremely close, but im going to give this to Yi with high difficulty. Both are highly skilled swordsmen, have the ability to oneshot each other (Akame's Murasame is an OHK, Yi's Wuju Style ignores durability), and according to the OP have some knowledge of each other. Yi however has two big advantages here; His sword style itself and the Seven Lenses of Insight. Wuju style focuses heavily on focus and precision, keeping your opponent at bay and avoiding attacks, analyzing them for and weak spots or openings, and ending the fight with a single strike. Even when he was a young novice Yi was considered the most skilled practitioner of Wuju, literally cutting down entire armies without receiving so much as a scratch. That was when he hadnt even mastered the art, add the next 1000 years of training and honing his skills and youve got one deadly swordsman. The Seven Lenses of Insight, which greatly enhance his perception, only make him more deadly.

Err.... Yi is not 1000 years old... He spent years training. Not a century.

And the Seven lenses boosted his reflexes but it wasn't as if he was perfect cough distracted by boobs cough (Just kidding on this one). But yeah overall it's not that big of a game changer. He's definitely powerful against armies though but then again which credible swordsman doesn't easily bltiz through them?

Oh whoops, my bad i forgot to update his age according to his current lore, soooorrrry, but he still has almost thirty years of experience where he was essentially training non-stop in order to hone his skills.

@Xmark

Good man : D

@weekly

No worries, thought wasn't sure if he ever was that old though.

And yeah 25-30s seems like a good estimate on experience. Although that doesn't always guarantee everything. Experience I mean.

For me it seems a bit more inconclusive since both of them can take down the other, and poison is effective against Meditate that only resists damage, not cures effects.

He was actually described as being over 1000...in his first lore...mind you he has had three since then so why he was even rated as that old in the first place is beyond me...

Just from the lore on the wiki, apparently his original lore gave him spatial manipulation and totl magic immunity, though if you'd like to talk lore you should probably move it to the LoL discussion thread...

WeeklyBattles said:
Oh whoops, my bad i forgot to update his age according to his current lore, soooorrrry, but he still has almost thirty years of experience where he was essentially training non-stop in order to hone his skills.
Akame was trained and brought up in brutal conditions (As seen in AGK Zero and some chapters of the original story). From an age of, and I'm going on a limb based on her appearance in one of the flashbacks, 8 to 10 she has been fighting. Granted, that's not as long as compared to this guy, but Akame is not inexperienced at all, as she was able to take down Esdeath, even having lost all the instincts built up from her years of training. And Esdeath has been fighting for her life ever since she could hold a weapon. She has a lot of battle experience.

Drellix said:
Akame was trained and brought up in brutal conditions (As seen in AGK Zero and some chapters of the original story). From an age of, and I'm going on a limb based on her appearance in one of the flashbacks, 8 to 10 she has been fighting. Granted, that's not as long as compared to this guy, but Akame is not inexperienced at all, as she was able to take down Esdeath, even having lost all the instincts built up from her years of training. And Esdeath has been fighting for her life ever since she could hold a weapon. She has a lot of battle experience.
So, who are you voting for?

@Drellix Oh im fully aware, im not saying Akame is inexperienced im just saying Yi has more experience

With speed equalized, Master Yi still has more tactical mobility and flexibility than Akame because he can teleport with his Alpha Strike. I would give it to Master Yi.

People are failing to realize something here. While Yi has more experience, his Alpha Strike is very predictable because he reappears again in front of the first target. Now since Akame is the only target here, she can just wait it out and when he appears, strike him.

Also Yi is more of a teacher now than a fighter. He's mostly a pacifist since he threw his hatred away when deciding to take Goku Wukong as his disciple. Akame is trained to kill however and her mindset is solely focused on that.

Also, Yi's true damage is only a small portion of his actual strikes during 'Wuju Style' and doesn't remain active indefinitely. His ult is worthless since speed is equalized and Akame doesn't have Crowd Control, and his Meditation is worthless as well since Akame needs but one strike to end him.

Going with Akame with high-diff.

Edit: Also obligatory, Yi sometimes derps during Alpha Strike and becomes targetable, but that's just Riot's spaghetti coding :)

Alrighty, thanks for the vote Scarlet!

1 - 4 - 0

I would still say that even though he's a teacher, he still has all that fighting experience, and he would still probably know how to fight.

Didn't say Yi doesn't know how to fight, I just said that his practice if focused more on teaching now that actually killing people and that's why Akame's mindset is an advantage.

Aite, 2 - 4 - 0.

There is the mindset advantage, but I'm sure that Yi is skilled enough to realize her threat and do something about it. Plus, both have knowledge of eachother. He'd know about her one-shot potential and most likely plan around it.

I would say a more defensive Akame should get this since she kinda needs one clean hit only and i think she would succeed.

WilliamShadow said:
I would say a more defensive Akame should get this since she kinda needs one clean hit only and i think she would succeed.
Yi would only need a single hit as well, both combatants here can literally end the fight with a single attack as Akame's sword has lethal poison and Yi's attacks can ignore durability.

Back