• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One shot question

If character A one shots character B in X series and B is Baseline 7-A does that mean that Character A can oneshot a Baseline 7-A in vs threads?

Okay if my years of hyperfiating towards dragon ball thread and OPM show me than that is a lie but a retired MOD say the contrary so now i am confussed

No punctuations for you

No.

On the Wiki to One shot, there has to be a 7.5x AP difference. (I think it's based on the difference between Human and Street Level).

But this doesn't apply to in-Universe characters. As there are plenty of finances where a character gets one shot by another with equal or barely 3x AP difference.

No.

On the Wiki to One shot, there has to be a 7.5x AP difference. (I think it's based on the difference between Human and Street Level).

But this doesn't apply to in-Universe characters. As there are plenty of finances where a character gets one shot by another with equal or barely 3x AP difference.
You completely musunderstand his question. Of course the 7.5x multiplier doesn't apply to in verse battles. He is talking about how unquantifiable gaps in verses take effect in vs matches.
Finally someone that understand it god
And you're just taking the answers that you like and ignoring the ones you don't.

And you're just taking the answers that you like and ignoring the ones you don't.
.... what of course i didnt most of theme didnt elaborate beyond "One shotting rules apply in verses and in the wiki"

Oneshot in vsthreads is usually when the Ap difference is 7.5x, but if the character in-verse doesn't have a clear AP scale, but can oneshot baselines of the tier he is in, then he will oneshot baselines in vsthreads since that's how strong he is after all.

Oneshot in vsthreads is usually when the Ap difference is 7.5x, but if the character in-verse doesn't have a clear AP scale, but can oneshot baselines of the tier he is in, then he will oneshot baselines in vsthreads since that's how strong he is after all.
That... doesn't make any sense, maybe the OPM has a one-shot gap of 1.000001x

They are unquantifiable because they don't give an AP value.
Bruh vizer, you are basically saying that 2 characters one who is baseline mountain level and another who is also baseline mountain level but has 15 stage scaling chain of oneshotting, if they fight in a vs match they will be exactly equal. You don't need me to tell you that's stupid.

When we say that a character oneshots baseline in a vsthread, we are not saying that said character is 7.5x stronger, we are saying that his AP is = oneshots baseline. Just that. It is an unknown value, but that it can and will oneshot if you are baseline. You don't get amps or specific values from oneshots.

When we say that a character oneshots baseline in a vsthread, we are not saying that said character is 7.5x stronger, we are saying that his AP is = oneshots baseline. Just that. It is an unknown value, but that it can and will oneshot if you are baseline. You don't get amps or specific values from oneshots.
We treat 7.5 as the bare minimum to one-shot, unless you can prove that Saitama is 7.5 above baseline then this argument doesn't hold up

It also depends where they're hit, and if a character in a verse doesn't die from an attack over 7.5x their AP then why would we assume that in a versus thread?

The one-shot standards on this site are arbitrary. You'll have a lot more accuracy if you simply assess each example case-by-case.

I kinda agree with @FinePoint even the term "one-shot" can be a misnomer since it can mean incapacitating someone, instantly killing them, destroying them with no physical trace of them remaining or more just with one attack.

The 7.5x difference was pretty much to set up a bar. Probably because people kept wondering "at what point a character becomes strong enough to oneshot?", and if not solved it'd become an issue in vsthreads most likely, especially for verses that don't have their own standard values/instances of oneshot.

"This gap is strictly for versus debating purposes, and will not apply when attempting to derive the attack potency of a character based on a feat of one-shotting another character in his or her verse."

"This gap is strictly for versus debating purposes, and will not apply when attempting to derive the attack potency of a character based on a feat of one-shotting another character in his or her verse."
Yes, that doesnt mean the character is 7.5x stronger, but that he can oneshot with an unknown value

We don't ignore in-verse oneshots in vsthreads, is the whole point.

Back