• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man Speed Revision

I agree entirely with COB. "possibly far higher" is good enough for now until a later feat comes along.

And no Atomic Samurai is not faster than Saitama. That's absurd honestly.

Was a possibility, Saitama isn't very good with martial art like that, just said that AS is possibly better with the sword.

Speculation aside, I guess that we need to wait for Xcano to make the edit and redirect the justification for his stats.

@Antonio Please stop.

Saitama can casually blitz guys who have shown to be faster Atomic Samurai.

Saitama has toyed with better swordsmen than AS.

Just because AS is more skilled technically with a sword doesn't mean he can swing one as fast. Why would holding a sword make Saitama unable to swing his arm at anywhere close to what he normally does? Especially when tossing city sized towers at high speeds is child's play to him?

Saitama is not slower than him. End of story.

Well AS is probably better with a sword seeing as Saitama had literally no experience with it since hes the one punch man. Not one slash man.

But faster? Nah. Saitama should be faster

Of course Atomic Samurai can swing a sword with better technique than Saitama. But swing one at as high of a speed? Definitely not.

This is getting off topic though. We should drop this and get back to the S-Class upgrades.

^That is what I tried the say, or correct, has more sense in spanish.

About the upgrade, we're going to wait for Xcano to edit his blog since is the more accepted, and as kkapoios said, add the timeframe calculed by my; at least people prefer that I make the edit in my blog, however, the Xcano method seems a little complicated, so is better if he makes the edit.

Few notes, shouldn't Child Emperor be scaled to that too? Due to facing off with Evil Natural Water? Then there's the possibility of Tanktop Master overwhelming Garou too. And I think there was a statement of the Top 10 A Classes being similar to S-Class level in power level so them too?

Although I may have just missed it so correct me if I'm wrong.

@COB Yeah the minute I made that list I realized I forgot Tanktop lol

Garou did say his strength and speed is equal to Genos's

I guess Emperor scaling is fine too.

Oh sweet! In general S-Classes are on that level then so maybe add in Engine Knight?

Except King.... he's far too strong compared to anyone. I mean you guys saw him beat Saitama with that infinite combo move right?

And I heard Raiden (Not that Raiden) and Accel (Not Ritsu) are S-Class level so maybe them too?

I think S-Classes or other characters who have never shown to fight against a monster/hero but are likely comparable, should be "Unknown, likely/possibly ___" just to be on the safe side.

I also think Beast King, Mosquito Girl, Armored Gorilla should be straight "Unknown." As the Genos they fought was clearly and explicitly far inferior than the one who fought Sea King.

Just to, again, be on the safe side. What do others think?

I think that Ryukama seems to make sense.

Since Blue and Kka have reached an agreement with the calc, and several staff and others agree with my scaling, may I start adjusting the profiles?

We are waiting for the edit according to the Kkapoios suggestion, in order to reddirect the feat in question

Ryukama said:
@COB Yeah the minute I made that list I realized I forgot Tanktop lol
Garou did say his strength and speed is equal to Genos's

I guess Emperor scaling is fine too.
i dont think this is canon anymore,look like ONE change the fight of garou and genos to garou and watchood man

What COB said.

And while the manga is doing different things, nothing has rewritten or contradicted that statement.

There's also that Tanktop could briefly hold his own against Garou. And that he was considered on par with the heroes fighting Melzalgald.

I guess he can be at "Likely/Possibly" though.

CrossverseCrisis has informed me that LordXcano's laptop has broken down, so he is unable to modify his blog post:

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/528787

Should we wait for him until his computer is fixed?

Or should we update the profiles to link to his calculation blog, and use the low estimate result in the meantime?

Or would it be best if Antoniofer copies LordXcano's work into a new blog post (while giving credit to LordXcano naturally), and adjusts the calculation to the low estimate that Kkapoios suggested?

We could reddirect the blog, and writte that he is over Mach 3500, anyway, both results (the current and the corrected) are pretty similar, just a difference of 7.1%; since is the very low-end, an "At least MHS+" could works, perhaps?

Well, if the difference is so small as you say, I suppose that we could link to LordXcano's blog post in the meantime, while waiting for him to be able to adjust the calculation.

And simply writing "At least MHS+" could work, yes.

Already changed it, if someone can writte a better description if free to do it (staff only of course); I'm a little unaware of the scaling, I guess than Ryukama will take care of that, right?

I have performed the changes. This is how the scaling was done:

• All the characters on my list have been rated as "At least Massively Hypersonic+" of course.
  • Heroes who are S-Class and likely comparable to their comrads, but have not fought a monster on such level, have been rated as "Unknown, likely at least Massively Hypersonic+"
  • Heroes who are not S-Class but have been stated to be on the level of one, have been rated as "Unknown, possibly at least Massively Hypersonic+"
    • Iaian and Fubuki have had exceptions made for this, as they have feats and additional, more reliable statements to put them on such levels.
  • Dragon levels who have never fought an S-Class or someone similiar, have been rated as "Unknown, likely at least Massively Hypersonic+"
  • Demon levels who who have never fought an S-Class or someone similiar, have been rated as plain "Unknown"
A lot of this is just to be on the safer side, and make sure we don't suddenly rate too many people on such a high level without too much evidence.

Hopefully this seems fair yet somewhat conservative to most people.

No complaints here. We'll probably just have to find another way to scale the lesser monsters to someone else. Probably scale them off of some low level feat.

All seems rasonable at the time, we'll wait for the changes in the blog to close this thread, right?

Because the SoL treatment is kinda silly, and your calc is kinda way too speculative. At best I'd give them relativistic for the likes of Flash, Tats, Garou, Golden Sperm, Boros and Saitama. Anything higher is just way too silly so we're going for the accurate and closest/minimum value right now.

Also should Psykos get MHS buff too and best Hobo Homeless Emperor gets Mountain? He did put Bang out of commission for awhile. Wondering now if that might scale to Zombieman but probably not.

Welp, we already agreed that the lowest acceptable result would be Mach +3000, is the minimun speed, but is the safest since any speed above Mach 1 would be an assumption.

Honestly I don't think it's just Mach 1. He clearly states he exceeds the speed of sound so I honestly think the sub-relativistic is a good highball or possible max speed since Monster Form probably enhanced Haragiri's power way way better.

Antoniofer said:
Welp, we already agreed that the lowest acceptable result would be Mach +3000, is the minimun speed, but is the safest since any speed above Mach 1 would be an assumption.
mach 1 isnt the minimum he already was faster than sound when he was human and after he become a monster he was "much faster" so he should be at least 2 mach

Psykos was restraining and weakening Bang while Hobo was attacking him, and remember Bang was already likely weakened by Rover to begin with.

Also scaling Zombieman to Bang makes everyone Mountain level, which I am not comfortable with.

I'd rather the people who have consistently been stated and shown to be much above the others, (Bang, Flash, Darkshine and amped Metal Bat) be the only ones to be rated as such, unless something changes.

Even with speed of Mach 2, result still being MHS+, so "At least MHS+" seems accurate and safe.

@Ryu fair enough.

And yeah kinda why I said probably not. His speciality is regenerating anyway.

@Antoino I think what he means is that he just wants the exact value in case there's an MHS+ vs MHS+ opponent. Shouldn't really matter, just gotta multiple the Mach speed by 2 and you're all set to go.

Back