• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man Speed Revision

@Ryukama looks legit! And forgot about some of those characters... Maybe people like Sonic, Flash and Tats gets the sub rel feat? Although that would also mean Saitama is much faster than sub rel so that makes me happy.

@Ever We go with the Mean? Aka the average or at least most consistent? From the looks of it MHS+ to sub rel is the likeliest.

Edit - I misread your statement. We basically used different methods.

The Everlasting said:
How do we have like... five calcs of this feat, and all of them are different?
Well, Core and AMM did them on assumptions and me and Anton measured everything and made our own separate assumptions.

Then the rest of the calc group only have to decide between your and Antoniofer's versions.

Is anybody willing to place notices with links to this thread on their message walls?

I've informed all the active calc members about the need to decide which calc is more appropriate.

I don't mind if someone decides to use the pixel scaling I done for the time it would have took for the blade to reach Atomic Samurai for their calculation.

someone can tell me which calc of the speed of atomic samurai is better? there is the calc which say it only 35 mach and there is the 3 others who say it at least 1000 mach,which one is the right one?

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
The only Mach 35 one didn't use the amount of slashes there. If it was it would be Mach 1000+
So overall it's consistent to be MHS+ to sub rel
ok thanks,and what about this [[1]] ( from others forum)? is he more accurate than those 3 calc that say atomic is 1000 mach or he also wrong?

Asteo said:
The only Mach 35 one didn't use the amount of slashes there. If it was it would be Mach 1000+
So overall it's consistent to be MHS+ to sub rel
ok thanks,and what about this [[1]] ( from others forum)? is he more accurate than those 3 calc that say atomic is 1000 mach or he also wrong?
the link isnt work but this is from redidt and thay say he is "only" 160 mach,is that true?

I would need to see the calc, but if he is using the analysis from above and is low-balling to only Mach 1, Mach 160 isn't a far-fetched result, but most likely is just law-balling.

Antoniofer said:
I would need to see the calc, but if he is using the analysis from above and is low-balling to only Mach 1, Mach 160 isn't a far-fetched result, but most likely is just law-balling.
write "atomic samurai reddit" in google and you should able find this in the first link i think.

about the speed,i dont know what that monster's speed was but it probably at least 2 mach right?

See the issue with that is he claims he's already suprassing the speed of sound. We kinda lowballed that in the calcs there and used a high end. So x1 and x10 basically. And that's without the statement of the monster form that was much much better than his old form.

The guy at reddit didn't do that I think. At least from what I could see

See the issue with that is he claims he's already suprassing the speed of sound. We kinda lowballed that in the calcs there and used a high end. So x1 and x10 basically. And that's without the statement of the monster form that was much much better than his old form.
The guy at reddit didn't do that I think. At least from what I could see
so let say that the monster was 2 mach(becase we dont know how exactly the speed but is for sure al least 2 mach beause what you say) how fast that put atomic samurai?

I see, the guy assumed that the sword was around 30 cm from the AS neck/head (what is much) and using Mach 1 for low-ball, it assumed that any slash covered 1.25 m and counted 38 slices; could work for low-end, but the distance, 30 cm, is much, the sword was pretty close the his neck/head, correcting that he could obtain Mach 800, what is a similar result to the one made by Xcano, and still being a low-ball

Antoniofer said:
I see, the guy assumed that the sword was around 30 cm from the AS neck/head (what is much) and using Mach 1 for low-ball, it assumed that any slash covered 1.25 m and counted 38 slices; could work for low-end, but the distance, 30 cm, is much, the sword was pretty close the his neck/head, correcting that he could obtain Mach 800, what is a similar result to the one made by Xcano, and still being a low-ball
ok thank but are you sure 30 cm it too much? we cant really know the distance the monster's sword pass arent we? and by the way if the speed was 2 mach would the result's speed different or the same?

The angle of the attack doesn't appears to change at all, doesn't seems like the monster moved much.

Mmm... maybe would be better to use Mach 2 as the low-ball, and 40 slices as average, when I get into my pc I could writte that in the blog.

You can measure the distance the blade is from Atomic Samurai by measuring Atomic Samurai's head and then drawing a line to the sword.

EDIT:

@Anton Don't see why you would use 40 slices when you can count the number of slices to be 42. Mach 2 seems like an okay low-ball but it'd basically just double all the results.

Welp, I said 40 slices cuz: COB counted 39, guys from reddit counted 38, you counted 42 and I counted 37, so maybe an average?

About the speed: I think Mach 2 works better cuz Haragiri said tht he surpassed SoS before, so previous speed is superior to Mach 1, and now that is much faster, Mach 2 could work as low-end; futhermore, maybe change the angle since not all the slices were made vertically, I could use 90 degrees to low-ball

Well, we have a lot of calc to evidence Atomic Samurai speed, I think is time to applicate in profiles, no?

Yes. I would prefer if we used Antoniofer's or LordXcano's calculation.

I agree with Ryu on the subject of who scales.

It doesn't seem like Blue and Kkapoios state which result in his calc to be used however.

Hmm. That is a problem. I would appreciate if you could message them about it.

I asked Blue and he agrees with low end. I'll ask Kkapoios as well.

I think the best option would be taking the distance that the Atomic Samurai moved from LordXcano's calc and divide it by the timeframe Antoniofer got from assuming that the sword was moving at mach 1 and covered 5.6 cm (the distance between the blade and Atomic Samurai).

The result is mach 3773, MHS+.

anyway guys if you dont mind i want to try do a little and easy calc of saitama's new speed due to the fate of satomic samurai.

i still dont know and understand the excat speed of atomic samurai and there is a lot of diffrent result(from 1000\800 mach to 300,000 mach and SoL) but untill someone here will find the correct calu i will take all the possibility,

let just say for this calc that saitama somthing like 100 time faster than atomic samurai(and i think everyone here will agree with me that is reasonable)

if atomic samurai is 1000-9999 mach:

saitama- relativistic to speed of light(a little about speed of light)

if atomic samurai is 10,000-99,999 mach:

saitama- FTL to x10 FTL

if atomic samurai is 100,000-300,000 mach:

saitama- x10 FTL to x30 FTL

it can be even wayyy faster becuase saitama can be also 1000+ time faster than him in serious series\normal mod but i take the minimum

We cannot make unfounded assumption regarding how fast or strong that Saitama is in relation to other characters.

I'm good with the Kkapoios evaluation, and is pretty similar to some results from Xcano and me; it is necesary to made another blog or just edit the Xcano's?

Just editing LordXcano's blog should be fine.

Antvasima said:
We cannot make unfounded assumption regarding how fast or strong that Saitama is in relation to other characters.
i dont think this is unfounded assumption,i mean,before this new atomic's feats the speed of atomic was 30-50 mach and saitama was sub relativistic,the gap's speed between both is more than 100 time so becuase atomic get higher speed now,saitama speed should be higher too respectiluely

RadicalMrR said:
Thats calc stacking, which isnt allowed.
but why? i dont know how but the speed of saitama and boros probably calculate according to powerscaling or somthing like that but pepole thought then that the s class and the monsters are only 30+ mach,now it turns out that most of the s class are actually were MHS+-SoL all this time,that should make saitama and boros way higher than only sub-relativstic,if before this feat of atomic samurai pepole thought that the ratio is s class hero are 30-50 mach and saitama is sub-relativistic,their(saitama and boros) speed should be respectiluely higher. the speed of saitama should be recalculate in my opinion,there is no way for example that boros is only MHS+-SoL if the s class itself are at this speed.

The Saitama speed is unrelated to any other character, you are just saying that the speed difference between Saitama and Atomic Samurai is about 100 times when that is just speculation, in fact, since since AS is a very experienced swordman is even possible that he is faster using a sword than Saitama. The speed calculed here is non-related to Saitama, Boros or Garou, so better to drop this subject.

Although I doubt Saitama being ftl from scaling off of that, we can find a better calc later or in the future on determining his actual speed. Using a ratio is simply stupid and silly and youre using speculation to fuel that.

That said I dont think Atomic Samurai is faster than Saitama

Edit - on phone so messy spellings and no apaostrophes

Back