• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: Elder Centipede Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently, Elder Centipede is listed at City level for being stated to be much bigger than other monsters, which would include Vaccine Man. I don't even know how this was accepted as a valid reason for Elder Centipede to scale. How does size in this case = AP?

Elder Centipede is also 7-B for being able to 'harm Bang and Bomb'. This doesn't make any sense, because Bang literally says that they were off guard. Even in the scan provided we see that they took 0 damage from the hit.

Therefore, Elder Centipede and those who scale to him should be downgraded to Low 7-B.

I don't even know how this was accepted as a valid reason for Elder Centipede to scale. How does size in this case = AP?
It wasn’t size being = AP, it was something about the translation saying he’s on a different scale to all monsters before him. But the raws say something different entirely, so doesn’t really matter.

I agree with the downgrade. To everyone who was whining about 7-B being too low, this is your fault.

It wasn’t size being = AP, it was something about the translation saying he’s on a different scale to all monsters before him. But the raws say something different entirely, so doesn’t really matter.

I agree with the downgrade. To everyone who was whining about 7-B being too low, this is your fault.
didn't someone translate the raws? (and has them)

Yeah, so EC scaling to Vaccine Man makes no sense at all.

There's also the removing of Bang and Bomb scaling which was accepted by 2 staff as well (Tracer and Asura).

Here is the raw scan:
mRD2kpt.png

Someone who understands the mysterious Nippon language should confirm, but machine translation appears to say 'the scale is different from other monsters'. Without context this is properly referring to power rather than size, but the previous panel talks about the Centipede growing larger than its first appearance a couple years ago, so it could mean either way tbh.

Bang also groans in pain, so the attack while Elder Centipede is injured seems to have done some damage.
Is the downgrade CRT for both keys or just the first Pre-Molt key?

Isn't Elder Centipede unambiguously beyond Bang's ability to handle after molting?

It is up in the air for Vaccine Man scaling; depending on whether the text is talking about scale of power or scale of size.

Isn't Elder Centipede unambiguously beyond Bang's ability to handle after molting?
Bang is 7-B because of EC who currently scales to Vaccine Man.

The scan has been translated already and is doesn't have anything to do with power. It's just size/scale.

I asked the translations thread to double-check, hopefully that gets a quick response.

That translation is pretty reliable.
Alright, that settles it then.

What the woman in the scan said had no implication of power, in-fact she's directly talking about size of Elder Centipede considering the HA worker before her made a comment on how Elder Cenipede grew to be much larger than what it was years ago.

This can be closed and applied to the profiles then, as two staff members have agreed to it.

Let’s hold off on applying this just yet. Because if scaling the Dragons to Beefcake is agreed upon, we’d just have to re-upgrade everyone to 7-B.
What about removing the Elder Centipede harming Bang and Bomb justification, as that was also accepted here.

I've applied the change (removing direct scaling to Bang and Bomb in pre-molt key).

This can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back