• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Upgrades

@KamiYasha fair point since Ace actually could compete with Aokiji's ice anyways and Marco + Jozu are considerably powerful and can skirmish with the Admirals for a while.

Sabo of course used logia intangibility, but he was showing that he could stand up to such an attack with some difficulty before he transformed into flames. He was standing his ground only being pushed back somewhat by the force.

But about Luffy. He was melee range of Fujitora and didn't take any visible damage from the blow when his body didn't have any haki imbued (except for his Gear 3rd arm before Fujitora attacked, but otherwise...). I support him being small island due to that.

I believe this would also scale to pre timeskip Blackbeard, right? He did beat Ace convincingly

I also agree Ace should be on similiar grounds to the other WB Division leaders

Yes. It would scale to Pre-Timeskip Blackbeard. However, when upgrading the characters, we must update the striking strength statistics accordingly as well. People usually tend to forget that part.

I agree with Aizen. It never made sense for BB to have been 7-B and automaticall 6-C when getting a new Devil Fruit when he could take a few blows from Whitebeard and only suffered superficial damage.

BB should be upgraded to "At least High 7-A, likely higher" since he did defeat Ace, who should powerscale to Jozu, Marco, and Vista and that he didn't take severe damage from Whitebeard's quakes.

That seems reasonable, yes.

So, do you wish to perform the statistics changes Aizen?

Also, should we upgrade Trafalgar Law and Eustass Kid as well?

No, Law should remain 7-A (his Gamma Knife and Room ignore durability) since he was clearly unable to compete with Doflamingo in terms of physical and ability capabilities and that his Tact and Room slashes are both ranging from City+ to Mountain in terms of KE.

Kid should also remain his current tier since he is featless post time-skip.

Perhaps we should change Kid to Unknown ratings post-timeskip until we see him in action? He and his allied supernovas are strongly hinted to work for Kaido now, going by the most recent chapter.

But seriously though, Law needs to just be "7-A" due to Tact and his Room Slashes only having lower-end Mountain AP and that his Gamma Knife ignores durability to an extent.

Just So we have this clear who exactly gets the upgrades?

Luffy,Ace,Sabo.Blackbeard,Doflamingo, anyone else? Personally I think we rate Boa Hancock to low, but don't know where she should be.

Well, what level of opponents has Boa matched or exceeded? Perhaps we should change her statistics to Unknown, if we have too little to go by?

She has only beaten the likes of Pre Time Skip smoker, but I definitely think she is one of the higher up members of the Shichibukai, seeing how she can use Conquerors Haki, and extremely proficient in regular haki.

Unknown may be better, unless anyone else has ideas for scaling?

She should scale above War Luffy and scale to Jinbe and Crocodile into being "Likely 7-B" since she could easily destroy Pacifista and destroyed Smoker's Jitte. But she is for the most part unknown. She simply has petrification hax.

I think that Luffy's Fishman Island/Punk Hazard statistics should be removed. He did not grow significantly stronger beween then and Dressrosa as far as I am aware, and also seemed to be scaled from fighting Don Chinjao within them, which obviously happened during the Dressrosa arc.

Speaking of which, should we upgrade old Chinjao as well, for giving Luffy a bit of a challenge?

I believe that PH/Fishman stats should be removed as well.

Old Chinjao should stay 7-B given that he suffered considerable damage from Hawk Rifle and a single 3rd gear punch. Base/2nd Gear Luffy was enough to push Chinjao to his limits. He even admitted how exhausted he was during his fight with Lao G iirc, but he has been shown too fatigued to stand on his own immediately after his fight with Luffy.

Oh, right. Jinbe should probably be upgraded as well for fighting Ace for a prolonged time.

Base Luffy is currently rated as High 7-A. At the very least, Chinjao should probably be regular 7-A.

I have removed the FI/PH statistics.

Oh, okay. I forgot about that. But Chinjao, even when using haki, didn't apply any damage to Luffy (Luffy was shown to only have a few scratches by the time he infiltrated the palace the first time). He tanked several blows, sure, but Hawk Rifle almost knocked him out and a 3rd gear punch finished him off and left him fatigued for a long time (throughout Dressrosa given that he was still tired by the time he engaged Lao G and his grandson). I guess he could be 7-A, but still, he didn't do much of anything to Luffy.

And yes, Jinbe should always scale equal to Ace since they fought on par for 5 days.

By the way, in case anyone brings up Zoro and Sanji, they both should both be listed as "At least 7-B" given that Zoro applied a combination of city level strikes (the initial being 12 MT with the follow-up slashes being comparable in force) back to back and that he still has not shown the use of Asura post time-skip as of now (and Sanji powerscaled being slightly weaker or equal to Zoro).

Hmm. I am going to bed soon. Can you take care of these changes Aizen and KamiYasha?

The calc was 1.4 - 4 GT. So you should put around small island to small island+ and either way Luffy's durability in G4 would logically be around island level. No reason for his base dura to be even comparable to G4

Well, I think that I placed it at "Likely higher in Gear 4".

Either way, Small Island~Small Island+ feels redundant. It is a small window in terms of AP and it pretty much "Low end Island" imo.

well we did make a thread, but i made a blog due to a request. I only asked 2 calc group members to look at it at the time, but now i've just asked a 3rd.

You should have asked all of them.

Btw: I agree with Kkapoios that it seems illogical to not use standard meteorite speed.

Back