• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Self explanatory.

We did AP, we did Lifting, now we do speed.

Everything's here.

Let's discuss!

Changes​

Main values people scale to
Things I wanted for this revision

I wanted the early chars to be split. The keys prior to Alabasta were a mess, and we had Higher tier speed in lower tier keys.
I wanted there to be progression. The late story characters scaled to casual Enies Lobby feats. No reason why Oars, who blitzes the SHs, scales only to the weakest CP9 member's speed.
I wanted to find consistency with feats but not deem consistency as an outlier. The highest feat under the god tiers is barely above Rel+, which is a huge gap from SoL chars who blitzed people.
I wanted to have a gap between some of the characters. I'll tackle Post-Timeskip issues next thread, and boy there are a lot of them.
I wanted to have multiple values for certain results, and not 50 characters scaling off of only 2 feats.

I wanted all feats to be taken into consideration but not outlier feats. For example, we have a Sub-Rel+ Wyper feat here which is accepted and valid, but we consider Enel's lightning at Mach 1294. It'd be inconsistent for that feat to go through.
Also we have potential FTL feats for lower tier chars, but Kizaru's SoL. Makes no sense for SoL chars who get blitzed.

And we don't do that "oh well maybe his lightning is Sub-Rel+" or "his light is FTL" because of high values. Consistency is key.

We had too many "outliers" and "inconsistency" calcs which were all in one area, so I found and calced supports, and found scaling chains that were consistent and valid with the feats we had.

I thank @USklaverei who calced some of these feats, I thank those who evaluated my calcs, I thank those who helped me with the scaling.

NOW, let's discuss.

Last edited:
The list of all of the profiles with justifications and ratings is greatly appreciated but for the OP I think you should make a bullet-point list summarizing changes as in; what new calcs there are, what old calcs have been updated, what new scaling is in place that wasn't there before, etc.

Changes​

Changes​

Looks good to me 👍🏽

Okay. I'll start off with this one: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:KingTempest16/Luffy_Dodges_Point_Blank_Shrapnel

As I see it the basis of the calc is that Luffy ended up at a distance of 9.4591 meters away in the time it took bullets to reach 0.10195804195804 meters. (In other words, in a timeframe of 0.00031961768 seconds.)

The issue is that we see Luffy being that far away in the third panel of this page whereas the bullets were fired in the second panel. We don't see where Luffy is in the second panel while the guns are firing so we don't know that he already reached the full 9.4591 meters away as the bullets were passing through the place that Luffy was previously. Luffy, being off-panel in the second panel, could be a couple meters away and that would still have gotten him out of the path of the bullets.

By the time we go from the second panel to the third panel, where we see where Luffy is there, more time could have passed than the 0.00031961768 seconds it took for the bullets to reach where Luffy was in the beginning.

For a feat like this, we typically calc for the amount of distance the character would need to get out of the zone where they'd be hit. We'd only calc to where they ended up at if we know for sure that they ended up there in the timeframe required. For this case, we don't see that Luffy travelled the full 9.4591 meters before the bullets could travel 0.10195804195804 meters, so it's not reliable as far as I can tell.

If other Calc Group Members want to weigh in on this, I'd appreciate it. I'm going off of my memory for prior speed calcs I've seen.

Okay. I'll start off with this one: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:KingTempest16/Luffy_Dodges_Point_Blank_Shrapnel

As I see it the basis of the calc is that Luffy ended up at a distance of 9.4591 meters away in the time it took bullets to reach 0.10195804195804 meters. (In other words, in a timeframe of 0.00031961768 seconds.)

The issue is that we see Luffy being that far away in the third panel of this page whereas the bullets were fired in the second panel. We don't see where Luffy is in the second panel while the guns are firing so we don't know that he already reached the full 9.4591 meters away as the bullets were passing through the place that Luffy was previously. Luffy, being off-panel in the second panel, could be a couple meters away and that would still have gotten him out of the path of the bullets.

By the time we go from the second panel to the third panel, where we see where Luffy is there, more time could have passed than the 0.00031961768 seconds it took for the bullets to reach where Luffy was in the beginning.

For a feat like this, we typically calc for the amount of distance the character would need to get out of the zone where they'd be hit. We'd only calc to where they ended up at if we know for sure that they ended up there in the timeframe required. For this case, we don't see that Luffy travelled the full 9.4591 meters before the bullets could travel 0.10195804195804 meters, so it's not reliable as far as I can tell.

If other Calc Group Members want to weigh in on this, I'd appreciate it. I'm going off of my memory for prior speed calcs I've seen.
Nah you're right, that is a very valid issue. We can substitute this calculation for the other support then on Luffy's sandbox entry

Thank you. It's getting late for me so I'll pick this up tomorrow and go through the rest of the calcs/sandbox. Just wanted to get that one out of the way first.
Gotcha. I appreciate checking out the calculations to make sure what is actually right and what's not.

Gotcha. I appreciate checking out the calculations to make sure what is actually right and what's not.
One more thing. About the new calc for beginning Luffy in the OP/sandbox, the 3 second end seems to be what was accepted, not the 1 second end.

That would make the result Mach 24.9 (Hypersonic+).

One more thing. About the new calc for beginning Luffy in the OP/sandbox, the 3 second end seems to be what was accepted, not the 1 second end.

That would make the result Mach 24.9 (Hypersonic+).
Oh snap, I thought it was the "1, 3, and 5" second timeframes and such. I'll change it then, they scale off Zoro's Whiskey peak value (High Hypersonic)

Why isn't akainu and marco scaling to whitebeard and roger. Akainu was capable of keeping pace with whitebeard in their fight and it wasn't like he was struggling with his speed like at all. And marco was keeping up with kizaru who should be comparable to aokiji and akainu. They should both be scaled to whitebeard and roger.

And sanji in thriller bark should be scaled to zoro. Sanji and zoro was able to fight at sinilar speeds when against oars. So sanji should have the same speed rating

Why isn't akainu and marco scaling to whitebeard and roger. Akainu was capable of keeping pace with whitebeard in their fight and it wasn't like he was struggling with his speed like at all. And marco was keeping up with kizaru who should be comparable to aokiji and akainu. They should both be scaled to whitebeard and roger.
WB was getting progressively slower.
And the gap in the speed isn't too far where 3.6c characters can't keep up with 4.9c characters.
And sanji in thriller bark should be scaled to zoro. Sanji and zoro was able to fight at sinilar speeds when against oars. So sanji should have the same speed rating
Sanji and Luffy in their amped forms were comparable to Zoro. Sanji shouldn't have the same rating. He has his own calc

Added "lower with Gear 3rd" and references for Luffy.
You sure his gear 3rd isn't his base speed?
7.png

Luffy needed gear 2nd to keep up with Zoan Lucci.... Even tho it's aoe it seems like it's comparable to luffys base speed but I'm not sure... Actually nevermind... I'm getting it confused with post timeskip gear 3rd

You sure his gear 3rd isn't his base speed?
7.png

Luffy needed gear 2nd to keep up with Zoan Lucci.... Even tho it's aoe it seems like it's comparable to luffys base speed but I'm not sure... Actually nevermind... I'm getting it confused with post timeskip gear 3rd
Check the reference I added and go to the chapter, Lucci stated that he was slower with G3rd

WB was getting progressively slower.
And the gap in the speed isn't too far where 3.6c characters can't keep up with 4.9c characters.
I mean you are right but from the start WB first gets into his fight with the admirals after grabing luffy he charges at the marines and akainu manages to catch up to whitebeard and clash with him. This was before he started slowing down. So while it is not a huge speed gap I still feel like they should scale
Sanji and Luffy in their amped forms were comparable to Zoro. Sanji shouldn't have the same rating. He has his own calc
Your right.

I mean you are right but from the start WB first gets into his fight with the admirals after grabing luffy he charges at the marines and akainu manages to catch up to whitebeard and clash with him. This was before he started slowing down. So while it is not a huge speed gap I still feel like they should scale
I see that Aokiji froze him, he didn't dodge him or intercept him or anything, he just froze him. He merged his body around his stab, but that doesn't take relative speed.

Akainu intercepted his attack, but we don't know if he was trying his absolute hardest like against Roger or something. He intercepted a casual swing which was from the back of his head, doesn't take relative speed. Then WB blocked his attack casually. Blocked it again.
When he had a heart attack, Akainu landed a hit. Shouldn't have to explain why he doesn't scale to him mid-heart attack.

Then he intercepted Kizaru and got the 4.9c feat.

Got weaker over time, then angry WB blitzed Akainu. He landed a hit then got hit before he could hit the ground.

The admirals don't have the best feats of scaling to his speed tbh.

I see that Aokiji froze him, he didn't dodge him or intercept him or anything, he just froze him. He merged his body around his stab, but that doesn't take relative speed.

Akainu intercepted his attack, but we don't know if he was trying his absolute hardest like against Roger or something. He intercepted a casual swing which was from the back of his head, doesn't take relative speed. Then WB blocked his attack casually. Blocked it again.
When he had a heart attack, Akainu landed a hit. Shouldn't have to explain why he doesn't scale to him mid-heart attack.

Then he intercepted Kizaru and got the 4.9c feat.

Got weaker over time, then angry WB blitzed Akainu. He landed a hit then got hit before he could hit the ground.

The admirals don't have the best feats of scaling to his speed tbh.
This is true. I guess the rating you have for them is fine. I agree with everything btw

I agree

How about Magellan? Off guard argument still sound iffy to me.
Marco scale to Ace~BB~ Magellan, yeah Luffy could be outlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back