• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OMORI if it was good and didn't suck (OMORI Revisions)

azontr

He/Him
I finished playing OMORI and it SUCKS and I HATE IT (lie). And so I looked on OMORI profiles, and realized they had some things that I didn't like. I'm going through basically everything to find if there's things to revise or change, so here's the first batch of relatively(?) simple changes that aren't simple and are actually quite complicated

• Saving and Loading: Is a game mechanic. Considering that you can save even in Faraway Town, where Sunny certainly does not have the power to control timelines, it is very unlikely that Sunny or Omori are capable of resetting the timeline through saving and loading. Hence, "Can SAVE using MARI's picnic basket, allowing him to make new timelines (without it, he can only LOAD, allowing him to travel to other timelines or reset the current timeline to a point in the past)" should be removed. Saving and Loading isn't even specific to Omori, since you can save and load with any of the friends tagged while in Headspace, so it's evidently not a special ability.

• Heat resistance: The main cast are capable of withstanding being set on fire by Lucius, so heat resistance should be added to their profile.

• Weapon Mastery: Omori and Aubrey (Headspace) should have Weapon Mastery like Hero and Kel, for obvious reasons. Omori personally has mastered J. SHROOM's intricate cutting technique, which allows him to easily slice through the hard bulbs containing other shrooms, a technique that takes decades to master, and they can also battle against the Sprout Moles in Sweetheart's castle, most of which have trained in the art of combat for years.

• Flight: Sweetheart can fly with her umbrella. I would suggest it be limited since people float with Umbrellas all the time in fiction, but Sweetheart doesn't descend with her umbrella, she just floats across the distance, so I think she can just use her umbrella to fly.

• SOMETHING Range: SOMETHING should have Interdimensional range with teleportation, as it can appear in basically any of the spaces, whether it be Headspace or Whitespace. It should inherently be able to appear anywhere within the game and is even capable of locking Omori/Sunny out of whitespace.

• Faraway Stats: The CRT that removed 9-C stats from the Real-World friends uses the reasoning that Aubrey had to have been holding back her strength when fighting Kel and Sunny, as they don't receive notable injury from her baseball bat, despite being wounded by objects such as knives. This is faulty reasoning for a couple of reasons: One, a knife and a baseball bat cause entirely different forms of damage, and a getting hit with a baseball bat, even if it has nails in it, is still blunt force while a knife is piercing force, and we all know that piercing is much more dangerous than blunt force. Two, it would be completely impossible for Aubrey to hold her strength back to the extent that she would hit Sunny and Kel with a bat, and they wouldn't come out with wounds. To avoid notable injury with from getting hit by a bat with nails in it, Aubrey would've had to have been swinging it as slow as a snail, and if she was swinging with barely any speed or force, then Kel would've noted it. It's unlikely Aubrey was holding back and more so that the game simply doesn't find it necessary to display all damage taken in dialogue once the fight is over— unless it's a significant event like Sunny having a knife (which is story relevant, as Aubrey brings up the fact Sunny swung around a knife like a psycho later in the game), I don't think it's a sound argument that just because the game doesn't acknowledge damage taken in gameplay that the damage didn't happen. Hence, the 9-C stats that were removed should be reinstated.
    • I can't obtain a scan or video, but Aubrey is also capable of launching Kel into the air with a single hand while they're reading comics. So, Aubrey is at the very least not an average human in terms of strength. EDIT: I obtained a video.

And that's about it. So yeah.

Last edited:
Back