• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Omnipotence Paradox

After reading the Omnipotence Paradox definition, i am quite fascinated by the concept. However, there is one thing that i have an question upon. This concerns Omnipotence Paradox and Tier 0's. Let's just say that an character within an franchise does an feat that pretty much proves they are not limited by such an paradox. What tier would they be quantified for ? It is possibly one of these : Tier 0 , Impossible to Define , or Unknown . Sorry if this is obvious, but this is something i honestly would love to know, for any possible characters to recommend to join this wikia .

We don't use the term "Omnipotence" here due to your aforementioned paradox. We can only use "Questionably Omnipotent" since they are beyond all concepts, dimensions, and powers beyond reckoning.

To be Tier 0, you'd have to transcend everything. Space, time, dimensions, life, death, defeat, weakness e.t.c. Some good examples are The Writer in DC Comics or The-One-Above-All in Marvel Comics.

You usually need a LOT of proof to say someone is Tier 0.

Reppuzan said:
I see. I already know about that tier 0 is Questionably Omnipotent. I just like using Omnipotence rather than Questionably Omnipotent.

Hmm... I see.

So you can't just say they are beyond this Omnipotence Paradox to be an tier 0 ? I know the need feats, but I am just saying could this be considered as one of said feats ? Thank you for responding.

@The 2nd Existential Seed

That's the problem with the Omnipotence Paradox, there's no real way around it. It doesn't help that the Paradox is very seldom brought up. That said, as we've explained on our Omnipotence page, it's impossible to prove omnipotence in the same vein that it's impossible to prove whether or not the gods in theology are real or fabrication. Therefore we can only presume they're omnipotent rather than outright call them omnipotent, thus our "Questionably Omnipotent" rating.

I'm agree with the term Questionably Omnipotence because omnipotence is just impossible to prove. However for the omnipotence paradox, is such a thing really a problem for a character with transduality?

Omnipotence is not something to be proven, it's not even a quantification or conceptual quality of any kind. For example, if you were to meet the omnipotent being of this reality. Then it only show you what you desired to see, not things that you cannot comprehend (outside the box).

Back