• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Old man with stick teaches ghost a lesson (Nightmare vs Bakal Kozar)

Bump.

Poisoning won't work but light is certainly helpful against an enemy that excels in darkness. Just saying for now.

Bump.

Bump.

So I guess I have to vote Bakal? I've not seen how Nightmare's teleportation is useful in combat and stealth isn't terribly useful by a lit-up Central Park. Bakal has "range" via having an actual weapon and can amp himself as well as healing. He should be able to counter invisibility since it is only the eyes that are visible- like he isn't fully invisible.

Should I put it in a darker location rather than Central Park to make it more fair to Nightmare?

I mean

Okay under SBA it's night since that gives him an advantage, but Bakal having light manip hard-counters

Sure, but I'll move it to a monastery at night to clarify (and give a bit more flavour).

Fair, my vote remains the same of course.

Since Nightmare apparently doesn't have Teleportation, I don't see it surprising Bakal in any fashion.

Bakal's list of abilities really screw Nightmare over here, as his light-based techniques would counter Nightmare's need for the element of surprise. The Regenerationn (although I don't think the reasoning justifies Low-Mid without seeing how he was injured) and Healing also make it harder for Nightmare to actually leave lasting harm on him. To make matters worse, Inspire puts the AP more in Bakal's favor and with an actual weapon at his disposal, Nightmare's going to really suffer.

The darkness isn't enough to help Nightmare here, the odds are too much against it.

Bakal wins, easily to be honest.

I was told that video game characters regenerating from low health to full would give low-mid, since you can't actually see how they're injured.

And to clarify, Bakal doesn't really physically attack with his staff, he simply casts spells to deal damage.

Nah, actually, I dislike myself. This is what I get for starting Nightmare's streak.

I will destroy you people tho. Someday.

Agnaa said:
I was told that video game characters regenerating from low health to full would give low-mid, since you can't actually see how they're injured.

And to clarify, Bakal doesn't really physically attack with his staff, he simply casts spells to deal damage.
That can lead to problems and misinformation as HP is a game mechanic, as someone might think that character can actually regenerate full limbs based on that.

It would mean characters like Mercy who do just that would have Low-Mid, but currently she's listed as Mid-Low.

His attacks are in fact AoE though, so him not using the staff physically doesn't really matter.

Abstractions said:
That can lead to problems and misinformation as HP is a game mechanic, as someone might think that character can actually regenerate full limbs based on that.

It would mean characters like Mercy who do just that would have Low-Mid, but currently she's listed as Mid-Low.

His attacks are in fact AoE though, so him not using the staff physically doesn't really matter.
I might make a thread about the regen thing.

I see, I thought you were implying having some blunt force weapon would help Bakal win, since you said "and with an actual weapon at his disposal, Nightmare's going to really suffer"

Christian Higdon said:
Well, then. I swear, one day, I'll break somebody's streak and you all won't be happy, will you?

Eh?
joke's on you, my characters are too unpopular to get streaks

Agnaa said:
I might make a thread about the regen thing.

I see, I thought you were implying having some blunt force weapon would help Bakal win, since you said "and with an actual weapon at his disposal, Nightmare's going to really suffer"
I did think he could actually use it, but having AoE attacks kinda defeats the purpose of using it that way so it didn't detract from much.

I've made a thread about the regen here

Bump.

Christian Higdon said:
Well, then. I swear, one day, I'll break somebody's streak and you all won't be happy, will you?
Eh?
this implies I possessed some fraction of happiness to begin with and that any of my characters are popular to use

Counted.

Some of these people seem stupid difficult to even put in a fight.

Though the first verse has some cool loookikg characters. Kinda want to use one and I kinda got an idea on which

Yeah that's a pretty big part, quite a few of them are real "stomp or be stomped" characters in low-hax tiers.

Hit me up when you've made the match.

And that's grace.

Added.

Back