• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Okabe Rintarou's Intelligence

Magicomethkuon

They/Them
Agree: 5 (5 users) @Rikimarox2 , @KingNanaya , @Nierre , @Pedonar , @Rabbit2002
Disagree:
Neutral:

Page says that Okabe has a Gifted intellect. But Okabe created a fully operational time machine. SERN has all the best scientists in the world, they still plan to capture Okabe and make him a slave to research time travel for the rest of his life.

Okabe should be at least a Genius rated an extraordinary genius. His future self is compared to the third coming of Einstein.

A rating of Supergenius is also being suggested. This because Okabe also created the Divergence Meter, a device that tells which Timeline and Attractor Field that the Universe is at.

Also being made, the argument that he unraveled the functions of the Universe's Attractor Fields and created a plan that could fool the world's functionality leading to the Steins Gate worldline. This is an exceptional world line with a divergence above 1% from all other timelines, it avoids World War III and the deaths of Kurisu Makise (she dies in half of all timelines) and Mayuri Shiina (she dies in the other half of all timelines).

Last edited:
Honestly I think Genius is too low for the shit he did. Mf made a time machine while no one else in the world could. He might look like a moron but he's smart as hell.

At least genius/Extraordinary Genius is warrant tbh.

I believe that he's extraordinary genius as well. It's a time machine that can go back and forwards in time many years, the only limitation being the large quantity of fuel needed. At the very beginning, Makise presents several physical impossibilities to one ever being made. But didn't know if the feat met the standards for extraordinary genius.

Okabe should be at least a Genius rated an extraordinary genius. His future self is compared to the third coming of Einstein.
Einstein in SciAdv is quite special, because he is one of the Gigalomaniacs, who have the ability to create entire laws of physics/concepts out of nothing through delusion.

Edit: Okabe's intelligence could be Supergenius because he created a plan that could fool the world's functionality leading to the Steins Gate worldline

Last edited:
I think he should get resistance to madness manipulation, for time-leaping over three thousand times non-stop. I'm not sure but I think Maho even mentioned that in the anime or visual novel

I think he should get resistance to madness manipulation, for time-leaping over three thousand times non-stop. I'm not sure but I think Maho even mentioned that in the anime or visual novel
This thread only focuses on his intelligence so anything unrelated will go into another thread

That's very informative. Way that Suzuha had explained Attractor Fields in the novel and manga as a timeline cluster, I got this conclusion. You gave one of the scans that made me conclude that here.
The world branches infinitely due to people's actions, and that number of worlds exist...these are the world lines. It's similar to the parallel world theory, but the only difference is that these worlds don't move simultaneously. It's like a switch that is changed and only one is active. The countless world lines run bundled together in an Attractor field.
Reckoned that Suzuha was saying that the infinite world lines do exist at all times, remaining static until a jump to another occurs. For example, if I jumped today, the other would resume activity. If done tomorrow, others would follow the next day.

But this at best is pandering to my necessity of explanation, the other scans don't leave any room for discussion. Fixed and thank you.

So u are saying once the meter changes from 0 to 1 it recreates the universe/world again and creates endless possibilities
whenever the timeline is reconstructed, the Divergence Clock will change depending on the magnitude of the change. Furthermore, endless possibilities only exist and converge based on human actions or an event that can affect the world such as Sad Morning, which was caused by the birth of Mono into the world, or the death of Kurisu when observed by Okabe.

Reckoned that Suzuha was saying that the infinite world lines do exist at all times, remaining static until a jump to another occurs. For example, if I jumped today, the other would resume activity. If done tomorrow, others would follow the next day.

But this at best is pandering to my necessity of explanation, the other scans don't leave any room for discussion. Fixed and thank you.
Quite correct

I think it should also be noted the Time Machine was joint built by Okabe, Kurisu, and Daru

Back