• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ok, Where Are All the Feats?

So, recently I decide to check Undyne's page, and I find out that she's been nerfed to Tier: 9A. I think, "Yeah, I guess that that's fine, since that whole Tsunderplane calc was kind of questionable."

So, I look closer and see she scales to Frisk and Toriel. Only, Frisk in turn, is scaled to Asgore(9A) and Chara(2C-B). Ok, and Toriel, is also scaled to Asgore, and Frisk. Ok . . . and Asgore, is scaled to . . . Undyne . . . Ok, something's wrong here.

Basically, the whole section has been rated as 9-A, without there being any calc's to Justify it. It just runs in circles. I mean, like I said, I can understand getting rid of the whole 7-B stuff from the Tsunder-calc, but at least that HAD a calc!

Seriously, put in a calc, or just label everyone Tier: Unknown

(Note: Sorry if this seems a little rude and ranty, I have a pet-peeve with this kind of thing and this was the last straw.)

Those reasonings are horrible tough. For her AP section anyways.

She is linked to several characters that mean nothing for her tier since they scale to her. It should just say "comparable to her durability".

She can fight a mid determination frisk who can harm her. And minimally determined frisk took the attack as well and fights against low level monsters capable of harming him

I was just pointing out that he said there was no calc when there was.

It wasn't that hard to find, it's the first thing in her durability section. If you're only look at someones AP section for their power, you're doing something wrong.

Note: I don't disagree with with what you said, in fact I do agree that it should be reworded.

Read this post said:
She can fight a mid determination frisk who can harm her. And minimally determined frisk took the attack as well and fights against low level monsters capable of harming him
Yes, but her being able to fight someone that scales to her isn't a good reasoning. Something along the lines of "she has equal ATK and Def stats, and should thus scale to her durability" (I think both her stats are the same?) would be better.

Not saying your wrong, it's just unneededly complicated.

Undynes ap is greater than her defence, but it doesnt matter. Even snowdrakes mother who is weaker than nearly every other monster in ap is capable of doing more damage to a minimally determined frisk and taking hits. Undynes technically scales above the feat itself.

Trading blows with someone with a certain level of durability is one of the most common reasons for ap scaling as it implies they are both physically comparable.

Ok, now I feel stupid. I guess that's what I get for commenting at 2:30 in the morning . . . I make a total ass of myself. Still, I do think that it should be re-worded. If it said "is capable of harming frisk" this would have been avoided.

Back