• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ok so..

Law of Identity is tier 0 + omnipotent

However their blog says they are nigh-omniscient.

Omnipotence is stated to being able to do everything and anything. However they cannot retrieve those few things?

Shouldn't this make them Nigh Omnipotent?

Well from what i remember it all came down to people deciding that someone can be omnipotent without omniscient, some people apparently don't agree and the issue will be reopened in the future from what i hear.

If I'm not mistaken, this wiki doesn't use the term "Omnipotent". The Omnipotence page mentions this: "given the highly logically self-contradictory nature of the "can do anything whatsoever" definition of omnipotence (see the above image for an example), within this Wiki even characters with the highest "0" ranking are only described as having "Questionable Omnipotence"."

And the description of Tier 0 is: "Beings that are boundlessly above absolutely everything, including existence and nonexistence, possibility, causality, dualism and non-dualism, the concepts of life and death, and their analogues at any level."

im supposing its because of the writer that happened. He's a different story because hes a real person. He is a standard human but looking at a comic that he draws as 2 dimensional from a normal person's view..

But the omnipotence can happen without omniscience is bs. "you can do anything"

but if you dont know anything unless youre the writer (who is the one exception to that) that means you cant retrieve that knowledge, and thus are not omnipotent.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
If I'm not mistaken, this wiki doesn't use the term "Omnipotent". The Omnipotence page mentions this: "given the highly logically self-contradictory nature of the "can do anything whatsoever" definition of omnipotence (see the above image for an example), within this Wiki even characters with the highest "0" ranking are only described as having "Questionable Omnipotence"."
And the description of Tier 0 is: "Beings that are boundlessly above absolutely everything, including existence and nonexistence, possibility, causality, dualism and non-dualism, the concepts of life and death, and their analogues at any level."

yes, i understand that. however even with the questionable part they are still technically considered omnipotent. However if that few pieces of knowledge that they cannot reach or retrieve are still out of Identity's abilities to get, they are nigh omnipotent.

Back