• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Asura vs Son of Ogre

Private Fighter vs Independent Fighter

Advance vs Demon Back

Both are in their state as of current arc, speed is equalised.

VOTES

Ohma: 0
Hanma: 0
Inconclusive: 0

watch-online-kengan-ashura-vs-ba.jpg

@Overlord775
would make more sense for both to start in base since advance isnt a constantly active state unless Ohma wants to risk damaging his body and Baki’s demon back is involuntary

Baki chars have such ridiculous durability a guy had all his ribs broken, both knees, then proceeded to jump out of a multistory building in the same night on those broken knees, stare down > 1000 people and break them morally and nearly murder another guy fairly casually by dropping from an upside down rollercoaster and holding onto a lighter tied to the track.
Another one got shot in the head with a sniper, recovered mostly within a day, then tanked point blank machine gun shots after literally punching a wall to death.

The former lost to a guy who couldn't even hurt Pickle literally at all (who Baki broke a tooth from and gave a fairly good fight before losing, but never went demon back on and still decided to fight with just force despite this), the latter got casually 1 shot by Yujiro literally not even trying. I think he got slapped, too, not even punched, but could be remembering wrong.
This was after the baki v yujiro fight where Baki was used as a living wash cloth/nunchaku combo and whipped through a car and made a miniture samuair in the middle of being whipped through the car.

Baki's durability is multiple levels above a guy who got shot and barely cared. Who himself is miles above a guy who walked on completely shattered knees.

Baki also breaks the sound barrier with his go-to IC attack and carries enough force to knock down multiple walls in his way without even slowing down (whereas even the superman syndrome guy in Kengan just makes notably large cracks in 'a' wall).

The actual feats of Baki's verse and Baki himself are miles above Kengan.

A lot of the bullshit Ohma's fighting style lets him do is just thing low-tier baki characters do by default just because its Baki. Or just needlesly fancy named ways to do really basic things like 'literally just grabbing them'.
The main thing he has for him is demonsbane and the argument will likely just devolve into trying to figure out the theoretical limit of what that can block, how much he can spam it and if he just instantly wins as a result. The last part is 'no'. As noted, Baki got slapped through a car by his dad and has taken hits from both Pickle and his dad with demon back active (ie yujiro had it on) and took tons to actually lose or get to the point he had to use his spirit to fight because his body couldn't move. Those are both physically stronger than him, and demon back yujiro much more than base non-demon back baki. He's nowhere near strong enough to 1 shot himself. He's also not, ic, turning on demon back on a whim. He's nowhere near as reliant on it as yujiro (who does it in almost every fight).

Ohma is insanely reliant on his own ******** anime powerup, because he spends the majority of asura being an abjectly terrible fighter who can't win without stupid gimmicks, so he will use it, almost instantly, like he always does. He even used it v mooks lmao. And then if he doesn't win incredibly fast he loses. Advance is suicide. Ohma literally already killed himself this way before and despite 'fixing' whatever issues tiger niko taught him wrong with it, he still says he can't activate it for more than 'seconds' without causing significant self-damage.
He's not taking down Baki fast.
And this is Baki without using demonback. If he uses it its even more unlikely for him to win.

Way I see it he turns on advance super quick in the fight, like always. Demonsbanes base Baki. Which doesn't actually do that much when baki's durability is so far above his actual damage. Then Baki's only real way to lose is to repeatedly fail to beat Demonsbane in rapid enough succession he kills himself before Ohma does. Which is IC for Baki to do.
So the question goes back to: How infallible is demonsbane? Its written as 'countering literally anything from any position'. But to act like it abolutely can do this just because the narration says so is a fallacy. Its not been proven to do so. Its been proven to do very little. He loses the very next fight he has after remembering how to do demonsbane and spends half the next series 'dead'.

Gonna respond to this later, but as someone who has read the entirety of baki and kengan as of now, a lot of the above just isn’t true

Baki chars have such ridiculous durability a guy had all his ribs broken, both knees, then proceeded to jump out of a multistory building in the same night on those broken knees, stare down > 1000 people and break them morally and nearly murder another guy fairly casually by dropping from an upside down rollercoaster and holding onto a lighter tied to the track.
Another one got shot in the head with a sniper, recovered mostly within a day, then tanked point blank machine gun shots after literally punching a wall to death.

The former lost to a guy who couldn't even hurt Pickle literally at all (who Baki broke a tooth from and gave a fairly good fight before losing, but never went demon back on and still decided to fight with just force despite this), the latter got casually 1 shot by Yujiro literally not even trying. I think he got slapped, too, not even punched, but could be remembering wrong.
This was after the baki v yujiro fight where Baki was used as a living wash cloth/nunchaku combo and whipped through a car and made a miniture samuair in the middle of being whipped through the car.

Baki's durability is multiple levels above a guy who got shot and barely cared. Who himself is miles above a guy who walked on completely shattered knees.

Baki also breaks the sound barrier with his go-to IC attack and carries enough force to knock down multiple walls in his way without even slowing down (whereas even the superman syndrome guy in Kengan just makes notably large cracks in 'a' wall).

The actual feats of Baki's verse and Baki himself are miles above Kengan.

A lot of the bullshit Ohma's fighting style lets him do is just thing low-tier baki characters do by default just because its Baki. Or just needlesly fancy named ways to do really basic things like 'literally just grabbing them'.
The main thing he has for him is demonsbane and the argument will likely just devolve into trying to figure out the theoretical limit of what that can block, how much he can spam it and if he just instantly wins as a result. The last part is 'no'. As noted, Baki got slapped through a car by his dad and has taken hits from both Pickle and his dad with demon back active (ie yujiro had it on) and took tons to actually lose or get to the point he had to use his spirit to fight because his body couldn't move. Those are both physically stronger than him, and demon back yujiro much more than base non-demon back baki. He's nowhere near strong enough to 1 shot himself. He's also not, ic, turning on demon back on a whim. He's nowhere near as reliant on it as yujiro (who does it in almost every fight).

Ohma is insanely reliant on his own ******** anime powerup, because he spends the majority of asura being an abjectly terrible fighter who can't win without stupid gimmicks, so he will use it, almost instantly, like he always does. He even used it v mooks lmao. And then if he doesn't win incredibly fast he loses. Advance is suicide. Ohma literally already killed himself this way before and despite 'fixing' whatever issues tiger niko taught him wrong with it, he still says he can't activate it for more than 'seconds' without causing significant self-damage.
He's not taking down Baki fast.
And this is Baki without using demonback. If he uses it its even more unlikely for him to win.

Way I see it he turns on advance super quick in the fight, like always. Demonsbanes base Baki. Which doesn't actually do that much when baki's durability is so far above his actual damage. Then Baki's only real way to lose is to repeatedly fail to beat Demonsbane in rapid enough succession he kills himself before Ohma does. Which is IC for Baki to do.
So the question goes back to: How infallible is demonsbane? Its written as 'countering literally anything from any position'. But to act like it abolutely can do this just because the narration says so is a fallacy. Its not been proven to do so. Its been proven to do very little. He loses the very next fight he has after remembering how to do demonsbane and spends half the next series 'dead'.
I just wanna say, I understand you’re new here, but if you disagree with the ratings, then you should make a CRT. The rating we have for Ohma is 8-A and it’s reasonable enough. Also a lot of what you said about Ohma’s techiques misrepresents a lot of his fights, ignoring the whole issue of advance somehow being his crutch while you simultaneously say “he can only use it for a few seconds”

I said that he said, in Omega (the version being used here), he can only use it for a few seconds without harming himself. That is what the character himself says when explaining the apparent new rules to Yamashita. I did not say he can only use it for a few seconds. He can use it for ??? who knows. But after those few seconds, according to Ohma himself, he is already harming himself. He says this very shortly after being reintroduced. We haven't seen how much of a limit it actually is since he's had like 1 fight v people who don't die in a single fight since being reintroduced.
Not sure what you are talking about with disagreeing with ratings. I said no such thing. I'm not sure how you read that post and got 'Ohma is in the wrong tier' from. I didn't even touch on Ohma's capabilites much beyond giving paralels to Baki's cast, to note that his durability (which was horribly wanked along with demonsbane in the last baki v ohma topic) is really not particularly impressive by Baki cast standards. Neither is the offensive showings of their top tiers. I don't think the disparity between superman guy's damaging a wall and Baki running through several while also carrying a person is enough to make them different tiers.
Would appreciate it if you didn't try to claim I said things I did not say.

And I have also read the entirity of Baki and Kengan.

I said that he said, in Omega (the version being used here), he can only use it for a few seconds without harming himself. That is what the character himself says when explaining the apparent new rules to Yamashita. I did not say he can only use it for a few seconds. He can use it for ??? who knows. But after those few seconds, according to Ohma himself, he is already harming himself. He says this very shortly after being reintroduced. We haven't seen how much of a limit it actually is since he's had like 1 fight v people who don't die in a single fight since being reintroduced.
Not sure what you are talking about with disagreeing with ratings. I said no such thing. I'm not sure how you read that post and got 'Ohma is in the wrong tier' from. I didn't even touch on Ohma's capabilites much beyond giving paralels to Baki's cast, to note that his durability (which was horribly wanked along with demonsbane in the last baki v ohma topic) is really not particularly impressive by Baki cast standards. Neither is the offensive showings of their top tiers. I don't think the disparity between superman guy's damaging a wall and Baki running through several while also carrying a person is enough to make them different tiers.
Would appreciate it if you didn't try to claim I said things I did not say.

And I have also read the entirity of Baki and Kengan.
Those are directly related to you saying our tiers are wrong though. We have Ohma at 8-A because the feats you’re talking about have been calculated out. In order to say that Wakatsuki can only damage a wall you have to fundamentally disagree that Ohma has 8-A showings. Furthermore the examples you gave from Baki are actually nowhere near the high level you claim they are, jumping out of buildings and such is only wall level

Those are directly related to you saying our tiers are wrong though. We have Ohma at 8-A because the feats you’re talking about have been calculated out. In order to say that Wakatsuki can only damage a wall you have to fundamentally disagree that Ohma has 8-A showings. Furthermore the examples you gave from Baki are actually nowhere near the high level you claim they are, jumping out of buildings and such is only wall level
You continue to misread my posts. In the last Baki v Ohma thread it was repeatedly stated Ohma doesn't care if his bones are broken as if this is not the case for the Baki cast. That is my point. I am not debating their tiers. I am going to ignore any more posts where you claim I am.

You continue to misread my posts. In the last Baki v Ohma thread it was repeatedly stated Ohma doesn't care if his bones are broken as if this is not the case for the Baki cast. That is my point. I am not debating their tiers. I am going to ignore any more posts where you claim I am.
Except you specifically used the argument to say that Pickle has more durability than anyone that Ohma has fought and that Wakatsuki is only capable of breaking walls as compared to Baki chars who can take multiple walls being broken? That’s the very definition of arguing tiers, and neither of them are even the tiers either baki or Ohma should be at

I don't think the disparity between superman guy's damaging a wall and Baki running through several while also carrying a person is enough to make them different tiers.
...disparity between level of destruction caused is disparity between the energy used to perform the attack, and by proxy, disparity in tiers. You're arguing tiers, mate, this cannot be construed as anything else, and if you think otherwise I'd like to see what you'd describe it as.

Please read rating descriptions better if they're unapparent to you by name alone and if you have an issue with how the characters are currently listed, which again is what you're doing since you're insinuating Ohma cannot generate the same energy yield as Baki is able to, make a Content Revision Thread to revise statistics given to the character.

...disparity between level of destruction caused is disparity between the energy used to perform the attack, and by proxy, disparity in tiers. You're arguing tiers, mate, this cannot be construed as anything else, and if you think otherwise I'd like to see what you'd describe it as.

Please read rating descriptions better if they're unapparent to you by name alone and if you have an issue with how the characters are currently listed, which again is what you're doing since you're insinuating Ohma cannot generate the same energy yield as Baki is able to, make a Content Revision Thread to revise statistics given to the character.
Baki is getting upgraded to 7-C like literally now

Back