• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Off guard reaction speed

Do we have any way off measuring how much slower someone's reaction speed would be when they are off guard?

Do we have any way off measuring how much slower someone's reaction speed would be when they are off guard?
That depends on what you mean with off guard
Example off guard can be used for back stabbing, which for normal humans it's impossible to react since they will only know about the attack after it already happened.
Off guard can mean not powered up, if a character that needs to activate a skill to increase speed is attacked but doesn't have time to activate the skill the reaction time would likely be that of his base form usually same reaction asa normla human

That depends on what you mean with off guard
Example off guard can be used for back stabbing, which for normal humans it's impossible to react since they will only know about the attack after it already happened.
Off guard can mean not powered up, if a character that needs to activate a skill to increase speed is attacked but doesn't have time to activate the skill the reaction time would likely be that of his base form usually same reaction asa normla human
In this case it would mean someone that doesn't get faster trough transformations and is just naturally at a higher level of speed, and that is looking at someone but doesn't expect them to attack and so has their guard down

it just means, they didn't know what was going to happen and in that moment is in a relaxed/not ready position/stance

Making their response too late as they weren't ready for it to begin with when it started happening

Their reaction speed doesn't get slower but their actions of what to do for it does

think like this... You are imaging me going to turn of the light from the switch that's behind you, since you don't know what I was going to do, there's nothing to respond to until it's too late to were I poke your eye and you start realizing what I did/was doing

Hopefully you understand what I mean 🙈

So there isn't a way of measuring reaction speed while off guarded unless there's like some statement of how fast their reaction speed is when sharpening their senses (fully on guard) and then saying he got me using half of my strength/senses or something... Basically on very few situations will you be able to measure that

it just means, they didn't know what was going to happen and in that moment is in a relaxed/not ready position/stance

Making their response too late as they weren't ready for it to begin with when it started happening

Their reaction speed doesn't get slower but their actions of what to do for it does

think like this... You are imaging me going to turn of the light from the switch that's behind you, since you don't know what I was going to do, there's nothing to respond to until it's too late to were I poke your eye and you start realizing what I did/was doing

Hopefully you understand what I mean 🙈

So there isn't a way of measuring reaction speed while off guarded unless there's like some statement of how fast their reaction speed is when sharpening their senses (fully on guard) and then saying he got me using half of my strength/senses or something... Basically on very few situations will you be able to measure that
Got a tiktok on my fyp that's a good visual representation of what I said 🙈

Back