• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
There's a certain issue I've seen related to how we treat the profiles of superheroes, supervillains, super...anti-heroes? Whatever, you get the point. Some months ago, a few MHA supporters and fans were confused and upset that instead of using the hero identities of the characters, their actual names were used instead and their fake identities were put in a bracket alongside their actual name. This all seems fine 'n' dandy, so what's the issue? Well, why did we only apply this change to MHA characters? Why aren't we calling Ladybug "Marinette Dupain-Cheng (Ladybug)" or Superman "Clark Kent (Superman) [Post-Crisis]?" I think you're beginning to see the issue here.

"What do you propose then, Shmoopy? Yah big fukken' stinky nerd??"

I am glad that you asked, imaginary forum user who reminded me that I have to use the cursed and stupid art of Reddit spacing to make my posts coherent. I've a few suggestions that I want the community to vote on, because frankly I have no clue what to do about the profiles as well.

1.) Revert the name change - Short, sweet, and simple. Go back to the good 'ol days and just use the hero identities of the MHA characters, making this entire CRT pointless.

2.) Apply these changes to all the other superheroes and supervillains - Also pretty simple, just change the name of Spiderman's profile to "Peter Parker (Spider-Man)", but then we'd have a massive issue as seen with Superman in the above example.

3.) Redirect EVERYTHING -Let's say we reverted the changes made on the MHA profiles, but someone still decided to type in Toshinori Yagi to search for All Might's profile. Well, I've a simple, yet likely complex solution - The wiki will show them All Might's page if they did so. So, typing in Bruce Wayne shows you the list of all Batman profiles who have that name on the profile, typing in Mark Grayson would show you all the versions of Invincible, and so on and so forth.

4.) Use the most well-known name - (Credits to Glass so you can yell at a janitor instead of me for this) Since everyone knows All Might as... well... All Might, then that should be the name of his profile. Short and simple, but this one obviously has a few flaws as well. If we're using the hero identity for Toshinori, then why aren't we using the hero identity for, say, Bakugo or someone else who has a hero identity literally nobody can remember and only know them by name.

I dunno how to end this post, so, like- your mom lame lmao skill issue

4 with redirects for their other identities seems like the best solution. It saves A LOT of issues with characters with multiple, equally iconic or noteworthy identities, which is especially prominent n DC with characters like Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Tim Drake, Donna Troy, Billy Batson, etc.

I mean, yeah, Flash Family s the other side of the same coin. Our naming scheme for the Flash's is also in need of ironing out as some are listed as just Flash while others are The Flash.

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng (Ladybug) (Lady Noir) (Multimouse) (Dragon Bug) (Lady Bee) (Pegabug)" sounds great.

Fourth seems nice, but I'd rather names chosen being something consistent within their verses. Wanda Maximoff and Spider-Man seems kinda off IMO.

I definitely agree with 4, consistency isn't what matters the most here

@Damage3245

What do you think about this? Personally it seems like far too much of an unnecessary considerable project to start renaming the pages for such a massive number of characters, and then updating a far greater amount of wiki links to them.

Last edited:
I'm not in favor of option 1. The MHA profiles are fine as they are.

Option 2 could work for some, but for several characters like Marvel or DC characters that have multiple versions then I think it gets too awkward if you have something like:

• Clark Kent (Superman) [Post-Crisis]
  • Clark Kent (Superman) [Post-Flashpoint]

It's too much work, and the end result wouldn't be good for every character.

Option 3 seems like our disambiguation pages? Not sure, maybe I'm misunderstanding that.

Option 4 can be subjective sometimes. Some characters are known more by their "real name" than their "code name" and vice versa. Either way you look at it, we end up with some inconsistency in the naming schemes.

I think we should just keep the profiles generally as they are since this isn't really an issue, and if more redirects are needed for specific profiles then those redirects should be created.

I agree with Damage. Thank you for the evaluations.

Back