• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OC profiles pictures

What Drag said. Any user here CAN go without one if they either decide to or are unable to provide a pic of the OC in question at the moment of its creation. Although it would be quite the task to describing how they look than without a pic but then again, it works with writing something out of someone or...well something.

So yeah if you can't provide one (assuming you go the route of not using any media or such that could perhaps be what the OC might look like), that's pretty much fine to go and create one here anyways.

Thanks. By the way, how do most people on here come up with images for their OCs? I can't really draw, but I would still like to have an image somehow.

You can use other people's art, BUT. you have to credit them and you have to take the image down should the original artist tell you to.

Also going by what Akreious words here, yeah. Using other peoples art can be done...as I've seen enough Wikia's in the past (mainly things along the lines of "Naruto fanon Wikia" or "Bleach fanon Wikia") that have done this in the past before.

However, it does come with some risks or conditions like crediting in the image's caption or somewhere else on the page with a Note of it as well as the artist possibly finding it online and telling you to put it down if they still don't like it. Asking them directly, if possible, before putting it up could be safe to do. After all, it'd be really stressful to have another "incident" with this kind of thing that bugged the crap outta one of our users here from a while back. Granted, it was only once but man was the owner of the arts used at that time was so pissed...VERY long story here.

But yeah if you do use anyone's else art of any kind, that's alright as long as the credit note is placed anywhere when you put it. It's easy to add it, but having it stayed in is probably the hard part to do if the owner were to come around one day. Hopefully, if that does happen it doesn't get too disastrous like before.

Edit: Then again, not everyone has to do it this way. A much safer, yet probably time consuming time to do would be actually drawing one ones OC. It can and will be long to do even for one but it's also the most safest of the two options when uploading "character pics" for an OC. Or to compare using ones art or that ones own, it's like going for an easy or high reward with conditions to them.

Thanks Akreious and CrossverseCrisis. I don't think I want to use someone else's original art, though. So I might just begin the arduous task of learning how to draw well in order to portray my character (or just get a certain family member who is good at art to do it). In the meantime, I will go ahead and upload the profile.

@Raian: Aye.

It's still pretty much anyone's decision to do with this kind of portion of their OC. If one finds it alright as long as the owner, by chance, ever sees them here and maybe go "eh they credited me so that's fine at least" or something like that so long as it is credited, that's up to them. If someone prefers to show their OC in their own work instead, along with it being kind of the more safer yet time-consuming, that's also their choice to do them.

So yeah, it's pretty much a matter of preference on how one wants to go about it here. Although doing ones OC by drawing out the actual creator at least gives that OC a sense of creativity as well as the owner/creator so that can be another plus to that. ^^;

Back