• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Oblivion ( Marvel Comics) vs Yog-Sothoth (Cthulhu Mythos)

Status
Not open for further replies.
8a7a7b89fad20493836f7e53c8e479e8.jpg
dcc0addbe4c16077dfc22078ed830c16.jpg

I don't understand how yog sothoth was given the at least 1A tier for transcending the infinite dimensional planes and those that guard the door to an undimensioned plane
His next key doesnt do justice to him being high 1A either, he encompasses a being that is undimensioned, how is that High 1A? If that is the case Oblivion should way up the high 1A chain than he is for encompassing all of marvel including the eight cosmos.

I don't understand how yog sothoth was given the at least 1A tier for transcending the infinite dimensional planes and those that guard the door to an undimensioned plane
His next key doesnt do justice to him being high 1A either, he encompasses a being that is undimensioned, how is that High 1A? If that is the case Oblivion should way up the high 1A chain than he is for encompassing all of marvel including the eight cosmos.
Well, I dont know about Cthulhu Mythos, but there is a blog that maybe can help u to understand

Well, I dont know about Cthulhu Mythos, but there is a blog that maybe can help u to understand
Thanks...A really long blog..So i skimmed through most of it.
But all of it is mostly just a single transcedence, making the ultimate mystery only 6 transcendence above baseline the First Gate.

The existence of several to infinite undimensioned planes in a greater undimensioned plane just only prove a single transcendece, but in the blog it was said to be 1A+

And yeah it says "Given all of this, I am confident in saying that the Ultimate Void is High 1-A, as it is unreachably beyond a world of pure dreams that resides beyond a multiverse of infinite-dimensional "cosmos-atoms" constituting a "super-cosmos", and is a void of genuine and ultimate infinity which is considered to be beyond mathematics from the perspective of an expert mathematician." Isnt this just another transcendence rather than an infinite levels of transcendence as the author is implying ti make it a high 1A realm?

Being beyond mathematics and definition does it qualify as high 1A? Cause am pretty sure Oblivion described himself beyond the concept human perception..Even entities like Eternity operates on greater infinities beyond the understanding on Man ( Which i believe includes all possible Mathematical conception). And this doesnt even qualify as 1a+.

What am saying in all is The verse is at best several transcendence at least 10 to less than infinite transcendence above baseline hence 1a+, seeing how the author mistook " Infinite voids" as a thing of number of voids rather than the infinite qualifying the nature of the void and the plural (s) after the void proves there are several number of void than an infinite number of voids.

Please see the Marvel Powerscaling page and the standards of the wiki before making any conjecture on why you think Cthulhu Mythos or Marvel's placing is wrong. And please do it in the right forum, this is the Versus Thread, and as it stands, Yog-Sothoth completely stomps.

Cthulhu Mythos is one of the most powerful verses in the wiki with fodder that can solo other verses. If you want to oppose it, make a CRT or bring it up to the people who made those revisions.

Thanks...A really long blog..So i skimmed through most of it.
But all of it is mostly just a single transcedence, making the ultimate mystery only 6 transcendence above baseline the First Gate.

The existence of several to infinite undimensioned planes in a greater undimensioned plane just only prove a single transcendece, but in the blog it was said to be 1A+

And yeah it says "Given all of this, I am confident in saying that the Ultimate Void is High 1-A, as it is unreachably beyond a world of pure dreams that resides beyond a multiverse of infinite-dimensional "cosmos-atoms" constituting a "super-cosmos", and is a void of genuine and ultimate infinity which is considered to be beyond mathematics from the perspective of an expert mathematician." Isnt this just another transcendence rather than an infinite levels of transcendence as the author is implying ti make it a high 1A realm?
Well, a place that is unreachable by any expansion of a 1-A hierarchy is High 1-A, so, it is fine, and I dont think that the author ''wanted to make a High 1-A realm'', Cthulhu Mythos was made like... 100 years ago

Honestly, Lovecraft has one of the most powerful fictional universes—the writer who came up with those ideas are geniuses, not only for its power but also way of storytelling.

Well, a place that is unreachable by any expansion of a 1-A hierarchy is High 1-A, so, it is fine, and I dont think that the author ''wanted to make a High 1-A realm'', Cthulhu Mythos was made like... 100 years ago
The author of the blog was explaining The mythos the way he understands it right? And yeah the mythos have been around for quite a long time but it isnt a high 1A verse.

And u said a place "unreachable" by any expansion, do u mean successive transcendence cause it will also mean infinite transcendence amd this high 1A but am not sure this was explicitly stated in the blog...Perhaps it's because i skimmed through most of it.
But am not sure the context with u take EXPANSION to mean that is Transcendence is the same context as it was used in the blog ( if at all it was used )

It says and i quote"Unreachably beyond" that is more like a tautology, and means just one transcendence but please i might getting it wrong. But i do know for a fact say 6th dimensional space is also beyond a 5th and unreable by the 5th in all it's expansion...again another contextual meaning of Expansion ( in this case means just the infinite extension of a 5th dimensional space )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back